UK theme parks from another point of view!

Brett
TT Member
TT Member

Re: What is so bad about Nemesis Inferno?

Sun May 27, 2012 1:01 pm

^^then doesn't that make this thread abit invalid? :P

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 27, 2012 1:02 pm

The loop and Corkies are not forceless. The zero-g roll has about no gravity for 1 second, thats the only let down also they should of made it 100ft for abit more speed. Thats the only let down of inferno tbh.

Credit to NemesisRider

Dingerbell

Sun May 27, 2012 1:04 pm

It's not too bad, but compared to much better inverted coasters- such as Nemesis, Black Mamba, Duelling Dragons and Montu (all of which I've ridden)- the smoothness, pacing and intensity are very strongly lacking. It's basically just a generic Six Flagsesque inverted coaster, with very little theming (except for the volcano, which is fairly good).

The other inverted coasters I've ridden are fantastically themed, very intense, and have some special aspect to the (Nemesis- just amazing, beautiful layout; Montu- the Batwing is amazing; Black Mamba- almost all underground; DD- used to duel). All (Nemesis) Inferno has is interlocking corkscrews, but pretty much every B&M inverted coaster has a corkscrew, being interlocking doesn't make much difference at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure all the inverts I've ridden have 2 corkscrews as well.

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
But what if was just called inferno, then people might have no compared it.

Yes, but it wasn't, it was created to be a follow up to Nemesis, and this was horribly lacking. The thing is, the layout is drop, loop, zero-G- and that is on pretty much 90% of all B&M inverts ever. Even the ones that have this that I've ridden (I think only Black Mamba), the rest of the ride stands out even more, due to its rapid turns, underground tunnels and extreme intensity.

The loop and Corkies are not forceless. The zero-g roll has about no gravity for 1 second, thats the only let down also they should of made it 100ft for abit more speed. Thats the only let down of inferno tbh.

Compared to some others, yes they are.

Overall, (Nemesis) Inferno is a fairly good coaster, but is one of the worst B&M coasters around. B&M is such a good company, the we only expect the best- and this is not that. Therefore, everyone thinks it is not very good.

SpinballEdders

Sun May 27, 2012 1:05 pm

If you look up "Lies" in the dictionary, You'll see this

:P

ImURNemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 27, 2012 1:08 pm

If we removed "Nemesis" from "Nemesis Inferno" and just called it... "Inferno" It won't end up beeing unfairly compaired to the original Nemesis. Yes, it not as good as the original but it does pack a punch. I think its one of thorpes best coasters. The experience of the ride wasn't as good when it first opened, for an example the lighting and smoke in the tunnal and bits of theming could do with a bit of TLC. Its unjust to say that its a poor ride just because its seen as a inferia version of Nemesis. Both Alton and Thorpe both catter to differnet groups of people and expereiances. Alton (well in 1994) was more focused on providing a "mini Disneyland" style of park and looking at theming, backstory and atmosphere. Thorpe is a Hard core thrill heaven for teens and teens alike. Theming is not in their nature but they make the effort to theme it. They could have just taken a leaf out of Six flags and maded and unthemed B&M coaster. (Eg Batman the ride).

Give it a break!  :evil: 

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 27, 2012 1:10 pm

In comparison to many other B&M's, Nemesis Inferno isn't as good. That isn't to say that it's a poor coaster. There are positive aspects to it, such as the station, music, pacing, etc...

I think trying to compare it to Nemesis didn't help it. It isn't landscaped at all really and there isn't as much theming either. But I'd certainly take it over a Maurer Söhne X-Car any day!

:)

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 27, 2012 1:17 pm

I know this is of topic, but how do i make a picture my signature?

Credit to NemesisRider

SpinballEdders

Sun May 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Click on This Link and it should help you

Last edited by SpinballEdders on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 27, 2012 1:20 pm

SpinballEdders wrote:

Click on This Link and it should help you

Not funny. I hate being rick rolled.

Credit to NemesisRider

Bear

Sun May 27, 2012 1:29 pm

I think Inferno is possibly the worst coaster B&M have ever put out.

The bottom of the first drop has a bit of clout to it, the zero-G roll is dire, the corkscrews are just meh, the helix has a bit of force to it but overall it's just rubbish. The pre-lift has obviously only been put there to pad out the ride and is a waste of time, resources, and man hours. It's layout would only be impressive to me if Vekoma did it, but it's not what I expect from the acclaimed Rolls Royce of coaster manufacturers.

It's just... jellying ice-cream. :P

ATJoseph
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Even though I have never been to Thorpe Park or on Nemesis Inferior its quite obvios that its in the second to worst park in the UK. Its themeing is terrible and it compleatly ruined Nemesis' reputation at Alton Towers,some people even refer to Inferior being at Alton Towers! Nemesis IS the worlds most intense ride Inferior is well a load of steel ice-cream which should be torn down.
Last edited by ATJoseph on Sun May 27, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dingerbell

Sun May 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Bear wrote:
The bottom of the first drop has a bit of clout to it, the zero-G roll is dire, the corkscrews are just meh, the helix has a bit of force to it but overall it's just rubbish. The pre-lift has obviously only been put there to pad out the ride and is a waste of time, resources, and man hours.

The only reason it's there so Thorpe could get the title "Longest pre-lift on a B&M inverted coaster in the world", which- compared to Alton's USP's- is rubbish, poor, awful and incredibly gimmicky. It makes Thirteen's idea look like the world's first inverting coaster.

Edit- also I agree with ATJ completely- except it shouldn't be torn down. The space Thorpe had was enough for a decent and interesting inverted coaster, but it seems they just made generic drop, generic loop then zero-G, generic Corkscrews, generic theming and generic landscaping. In a word GENERIC.
Last edited by Dingerbell on Sun May 27, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jollylee11
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 27, 2012 1:38 pm

ATJoseph wrote:
Even though I have never been to Thorpe Park or on Nemesis Inferior its quite obvios that its in the second to worst park in the UK
  :roll:
How can you say its the worse park if you never been? Really.

Inferno gets so much flack because of the Nemesis part in its name, Like Sub-Terra or any ride, if you shove a I.P or a well known name infront of it, people will compare it to that ride, people ride if thinking it will be better than Nemesis but end up being surprised on how its better, or coming of thinking its a load of rubbish.

Bear

Sun May 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Jollylee11 wrote:
ATJoseph wrote:
Even though I have never been to Thorpe Park or on Nemesis Inferior its quite obvios that its in the second to worst park in the UK
  :roll:
How can you say its the worse park if you never been? Really.

Inferno gets so much flack because of the Nemesis part in its name, Like Sub-Terra or any ride, if you shove a I.P or a well known name infront of it, people will compare it to that ride, people ride if thinking it will be better than Nemesis but end up being surprised on how its better, or coming of thinking its a load of rubbish.

"Nemesis" is just a name. I genuinely thought the ride, that is track-and-train, was rubbish. The inclusion of a certain word in the ride's name won't make any difference to how it rides. It could be called "£12m and chocolate: The Ride" and I'd still hate it.

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Actually, the Nemesis logo was changed in 1999, long before the days of Nemesis Inferno.

James
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 27, 2012 1:57 pm

Can I remind you all that swearing is not permitted on the forums. Swear filters or not, keep swearing out of posts.

Personal remarks are also not welcome. If you have issues with any member(s) or their post(s) use the flag post button, contact the member directly or contact a member of the team.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun May 27, 2012 2:55 pm

I actually like it.

Yes, Sure. I have been on better coasters but I try not to think of that. I don't go on a ride and spend the entire time thinking "oh X Y Z is better than this" for example.

It has got force, especially on the front at the bottom of the loop and the dips just before the corkscrews. It also has a spectacular opening sequence when all the effects are functioning properly.

Most importantly though, I have FUN whilst riding it. Which is really what it's all about.

mrbrightside
TT Member
TT Member

What is so bad about Nemesis Inferno?

Sun May 27, 2012 3:06 pm

Whilst its not the best received, most loved or well-thought out ride, it is fun. Besides, I hold a little place for it as it was my first invert and first coaster with inversions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage

Charlee
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 27, 2012 3:25 pm

I personally love the ride, sure its nothing compared to the original, but its perfect for Thorpe.

High Points
- Great Themeing
- Comfortable Seats
- Catchy Music
- Good G-Forces
- Good Length

Low Points
- Nothing compared to the original
- Pretty Tame

Plus, the ride normally has the longest queue in the park, so it must be doing something right?
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.

mrbrightside
TT Member
TT Member

What is so bad about Nemesis Inferno?

Sun May 27, 2012 3:44 pm

Music is a good point. The old dispatch music was FANTASTIC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage