UK theme parks from another point of view!

Rollermad
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Which Thorpe Park ride will leave first ?

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:47 pm

Which will leave first?

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Which Thorpe park ride will leave first ?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:55 pm

I think Slammer, it has not been working for some time and they have now removed the signage from the front of the ride
If you go down to the woods today

dominoes
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Which one is the one that they have at Alton Towers? I would be happy to see that go.

ImURNemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm hoping for Vortex or Zodiac to leave first. They're both vomit flats!  :sick:

jackgcse
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:07 pm

From your list, I would say its Slammer, (although I love the ride, the GP do not tend to love the ride, neither do many fans for that matter)
However I will take a wildcard choice and say Detonator could leave us soon, I could see them taking it down and replacing it with probably a taller one!

Also if you wan't to be completely realistic I would say the Carosel or the other kids spinning ride in canada creek!

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:35 pm

Do you think if Detonator does get replaced with another drop tower, they will actually be bothered to theme it? :P

dominoes
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:45 pm

I hope they don't replace Detonator, because they would probably replace it with an Intamin one. I hate them. The great thing about Detonator is the launch down and the ludicrously loose seatbelt. Intamin's feel too safe.

djtruefitt

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:46 pm

I think Slammers days are well and truely numbered. Its been down quite a bit the past few years and seems to have a major problem with it at the moment.

As for rides like Zodiac and Quantum, I think they will all leave at the same time and replaced by something much bigger. But not for a good few years yet.

AdrenalineAlex

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 pm

Slammer, but I'd rather none of them and Eye-sore Surge leave instead.

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:04 am

thats a rather limited list. although it will probably be slammer, even though i don't want it to, there are a number of other rides, i would say are more likely to leave, before the others on that list.

Rollermad
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:40 pm

I'm just saying but I voted quantum as its truly ageing but strangely this year its faster. I swear it seems faster?

Rollermad
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:47 pm

bensaund wrote:
I think Slammer, it has not been working for some time and they have now removed the signage from the front of the ride

Didn't notice the sign had gone :0 I think it's Definately going now. It's a shame though. I wonder if the six flags one copes well with Technical Problems.

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:01 pm

Apparently they are waiting for parts, should be out for quite a while, which is probably why they took the sign away.

AJLlama
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:55 pm

really love slammer, would be a shame to see it go. I think vortex and Zodiac are the least exciting flats, i love a retro trip on quantum, especially going on with people who've not gone on it before and think it's tame, it's a rare gem.
I second remove of eyesore surge. seems to be more building site themed than anything else. Also it ruins the view of the pyramid. very badly placed indeed.

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Slammer is 100% scrap metal. Sad, but it really will be gone in 6 months at the latest, I reckon.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

Rollermad
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Random unneeded idea Slamurai (Slammer + Samurai = Slamurai!) Simples!

Ronnopm94
TT Member
TT Member

What ride would you like Thorpe Park to remove next?

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:05 pm

My reasoning/opinion for listing these particular rides:-
1) Ugly, out of place, always dripping on to the walkway, quite boring throughout.
2) Old, dull and very generic. Space could be used for something much better.
3) Maybe good for families but has quite a low throughput and is looking very tired. Very dated ride.
4) So many reasons... Not that good. Rough IMO, so so put of place. The list is very long indeed.
5) A classic ride that has seen its day. With the old indoor sections removed it has improved somewhat but is still very dull, ugly and boring. That drop is quite a drop but sadly cannot save this one.

Feel free to mention any other rides you particuarly dislike.

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Re: What ride would you like Thorpe Park to remove next?

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:18 pm

I have voted Zodiac. Never been on the ride but it doesn't appeal to me at all. I enjoy all the other rides and find them good fun. I actually quite like Storm Surge's location anyway and find Loggers Leap the most thrilling log flume in UK tbh. Depth Charge is a winner in summer with kids, which as we know Thorpe lacks a lot for the younger generations. Always thought Samurai was very smooth and providing there's not a long queue, always have a go.
Last edited by Danny on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[email protected]
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:36 pm

I honestly enjoyed Zodiac. It was one of my favourite rides at the park when I went, as other people. People enjoy it, it's not a maintenance nightmare so it will be far from the next ride to be removed.
Loggers Leap isn't fantastic. I enjoyed the last drop but other than that it isn't a very enjoyable ride. (And that's coming from someone who loves riding log flumes...). It takes up a lot of space and i'm sure Thorpe have considered moving it in the near future to make a large roller coaster. Possibly a wooden coaster or something similar to SkyRush.

I don't think any rides will be removed in the near future except from the flume to use the space for something more thrilling. Just my thoughts.
Last edited by [email protected] on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ronnopm94
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:51 pm

I agree tbh, I can't see them removing any rides soon. However I detest Storm Surge. It's ugly as sin and blocks the newly refurbished (and much improved) X, as well as being a crappy ride in general. C'mon Thorpe, repent and remove! Tbh Samurai is a decent ride just not decent enough and should at least be themed to either Saw or Canada Creek IMO
Last edited by Ronnopm94 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.