UK theme parks from another point of view!

Jared
TT Member
TT Member

What ride would you like Thorpe Park to remove next?

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:50 pm

As shocking as tugs might sound. Samurai. I want them to replace it with a Zierer Star Shape.

Ronnopm94
TT Member
TT Member

Re: What ride would you like Thorpe Park to remove next?

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:24 pm

I agree that samurai should go but not be replaced with a star shape. I'd much rather see a flat ride added to Saw island, maybe an ABC horror tower.

http://www.abc-engineering.ch/cms/front ... p?idart=54

If Thorpe didn't already have detonator, it would be great to have a saw version of extremis/sub terra, maybe in an extension of the Saw:the ride building

[email protected]
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:53 am

On further thought on this, maybe they introduced Storm Surge for the sake of another water ride so when they possibly take out the flume in the near future there will still be the same amount of water rides there was in the past years. Which would let them build something big on the flume site. I think (and hope) it will be a RMC since a looping wooden coaster would be easy and effective to market and Thorpe Park will be the most likely to get one. Now that RMC can build in Europe thanks to the Vekoma deal it might just happen.
And a Rocky Mountain coaster would fit perfectly in the theme of Canada Creek.

thorpe fan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:03 pm

I felt like picking Samurai, but when looking at the amount of area it has I can't think of much that can take it's place. However I chose Zodiac as it is a very outdated ride and also as it is by the lake so you may have enough space to place a coaster their which goes over the water.
Last edited by thorpe fan on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

obliviongirl
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:44 pm

I voted Depth Charge, because to be honest, I don't see why it's even still there. It's essentially just a slide with water in it that you go down in an inflatable, which doesn't do anything for the park. It doesn't look at all attractive, and it's one of the first rides you can see after entering through the park's main entrance. I know it's a ride targeted for young children mainly, but I don't think, and correct me if I'm wrong, that it's even that popular among its target audience now. It could certainly be replaced with something more appropriate and up to date. I also wouldn't mind seeing Storm Surge leaving, as again, it doesn't look particularly nice, and doesn't really do that much either, if that makes sense. Still, I can't see it being removed any time soon, considering that it's still pretty new, and does attract big queues.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:46 pm

obliviongirl wrote:
I voted Depth Charge, because to be honest, I don't see why it's even still there. It's essentially just a slide with water in it that you go down in an inflatable, which doesn't do anything for the park. It doesn't look at all attractive, and it's one of the first rides you can see after entering through the park's main entrance. I know it's a ride targeted for young children mainly, but I don't think, and correct me if I'm wrong, that it's even that popular among its target audience now. It could certainly be replaced with something more appropriate and up to date. I also wouldn't mind seeing Storm Surge leaving, as again, it doesn't look particularly nice, and doesn't really do that much either, if that makes sense. Still, I can't see it being removed any time soon, considering that it's still pretty new, and does attract big queues.

Despite agreeing with some of these comments, I think the day Thorpe lose depth charge will be a bad day for wusses
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

obliviongirl
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:51 pm

True, although a good day for lazy people like me who can't be bothered to climb up all those steps to get to the ride.  :lol:

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:52 pm

obliviongirl wrote:
True, although a good day for lazy people like me who can't be bothered to climb up all those steps to get to the ride.  :lol:

Are you saying you haven't been on a day where the queue isn't halfway down? ;)

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:03 pm

Zodiac I selected as it don't suit the area of the park. Like it still is Drayton Manor's hand me down without the logo's. I also didn't like the fact that they didn't add any of the theming that was on the old 1.

Does anyone know if Zodiac theming off the old 1 is still down the 1 side of the main dome as I not been since 2011.

Rollermad
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:32 pm

However much everyone wants storm surge to go it has 5+ years to go so realistically I think depth charge will go as its one of the oldest rides in the park and has a rubbish throughput.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:34 am

I think Depth Charge should go and be replaced with this

http://www.abc-engineering.ch/cms/front ... p?idart=31

i think it could be themed to fit in and could actually be quite good for the 'wusses' and even thrill seekers as it is slightly different

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Is there really the room?

obliviongirl
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:37 pm

In theory, that would be a great idea, although I have to agree with Dan in that there simply wouldn't be the space, as far as I can see. Depth Charge takes up very limited room, as it is literally just some slides with some steps leading up to it, whereas those suggestions seem like they would be quite a major water attraction which would require much more room.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:30 pm

There would be room if you also took out those pools that every time I've ever been have been empty and closed.
Last edited by Dom on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Pizzazz wrote:
there would be room if you also took out those pools that every time ive ever been have been empty and closed.

Neptune's Beach is only open in the summer on warm days. So yeah, as we're British, that's about three days a year.
Last edited by BenBowser on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:35 pm

No, you can't get rid of Neptune's beach, try going in mid summer and seeing all the toddlers laughing in there, trust me you opinion changes

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:38 pm

Ilovecoasters wrote:
No, you can't get rid of Neptune's beach, try going in mid summer and seeing all the toddlers laughing in there, trust me you opinion changes

But in my opinion it also seems slightly weird having a toddler beach at somewhere where they call it the nations thrill capital. to me it just seems weird and out of place

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:46 pm

Big thrills:
The swarm
Saw
Stealth
Colossus
Nemesis Inferno
Samurai
Slammer
Vortex
Rush
Zodiac

Family rides:
Loggers leap
Tidal Wave
Storm Surge
Depth Charge
Rumba Rapids
X
Quantum
Teacups
Flying Fish

Little rides:
Banana Boat
Neptunes beach
Wet wet wet
Carousel

There's plenty for all at thorpe lets keep it that way

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:49 pm

I'm sorry ilc but thats not right. On the Thorpe website there is nothing on there that says those rides are for young ones or kiddies. They just say thrilling and fun. If you want to carry this discussion on pm me.

Back on topic. I think Depth Charge and Neptune's Beach should go as for the previous reasons said
Last edited by Dom on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:10 pm

I never said it listed that on the website, I'm just essentially summing up Thorpe's rides in what I feel is a very accurate list.