UK theme parks from another point of view!

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:57 pm

"GForce2" wrote:
Samurai, Slammer, Rush and of course Stealth.

And its all very very good.

tamtam
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:22 am

Went to Thorpe Park yesterday and had an amazing time! Stealth is definitely the best ride the Uk has got at the moment! Its amazing! Definitely going again! wooo!

Queen of Speed
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 09, 2006 4:10 pm

Thorpe Park have announced today that they will be open until 9 for the whole of August. :D

AstroDan

Tue May 09, 2006 4:17 pm

Wow, 9! That is impressive, that is later than most theme parks in Europe! What time will Alton close in August? 7?

I guess Thorpe anticipate it to be busy then.

Queen of Speed
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 09, 2006 4:23 pm

Yep, it wouldn't surprise me if they lay on some sort of small-scale special event, and of course the Stealth cinema / TV ad campaign will be in full swing.

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 09, 2006 4:49 pm

Wow that is good :D. Checked on the website and it is true! That is a good idea. They must have some line-up event or something :-?.
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

The_Storyteller
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 09, 2006 5:03 pm

Wasn't late openeings a mini event a couple of years ago (in 2004 I think) or it was planned but got cancelled due to low numbers? Anyway, nice to see late openings on again this year.

I\'m here to kick backside and chew fruit pastilles, and guess what, I\'m out of fruit pastilles...

AstroDan

Tue May 09, 2006 5:06 pm

To be fair, I don't know why we are all acting so surprised. On second thoughts, Thorpe open regularly late nowadays. Like in Easter, Fright Nights etc. It's good to see they can do this - it's nice to go to TP and enjoy a pizza hut buffet next to Inferno at about 6:30pm :-D. I don't think any Pizza hut in the world can offer a comparison to that one - especially sitting outside.

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 09, 2006 5:17 pm

Wasn't late openeings a mini event a couple of years ago (in 2004 I think) or it was planned but got cancelled due to low numbers?

I think you're on about the late night opening on certain days in August in 2004. I've got the 2004 map here it says;
1th,14th,21st,28th August 2004
Park open until MIDNIGHT!

Well this is going to be another success for Thorpe and am looking forward to hopefully going then! yay! But on the downside it won't be dark until later in August so no riding Stealth or anything in the dark!
Hopefully Alton will follow and do the same!

Matt :D

Maelstrom
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 09, 2006 6:55 pm

highly doubtfull alton will do the same for couple of reasons-

1. Problems with locals, not only from park noise but also from everyone leaving at 9 etc (although would actually reduce trafic issues as would stagger what time people leave and arrive

2.what has appeared on rideas about the fact hotel guests would stay in the park for the evening rather than spending money at the much more expensive resturants and bar within the hotel, which would reduce the hotels profits.

would be nice if the park stayed open until atlest 7pm during august?

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 09, 2006 7:24 pm

Really pleased with this from Thorpe, American parks stay open late and when the weathers better in august its pleasing that Thorpe are doing the same, i get the feeling Thorpe expect it to be busy.

Top stuff Thorpe

Marky Moo
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 09, 2006 9:39 pm

"Queen of Speed" wrote:

Yep, it wouldn't surprise me if they lay on some sort of small-scale special event, and of course the Stealth cinema / TV ad campaign will be in full swing.

What, like what they have done with Fright Nites, Slammer and Rush and the small blow out that has been the Stealth advertising campaign. Its a good move by the park but it won't be advertised heavily.

Queen of Speed
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 09, 2006 10:34 pm

What, like what they have done with Fright Nites, Slammer and Rush and the small blow out that has been the Stealth advertising campaign. Its a good move by the park but it won't be advertised heavily.

Well it is the main push of the Stealth advert, with it being shown before the start of this summers top films and on TV reasonably frequently. This is a lot compared to last year when all we saw was a couple of the old Inferno / Colossus adverts.

GForce2
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 15, 2006 12:54 am

The Stealth advert has already appeared in the adsets at our cinema, in our Mission Impossible 3 prints. I believe it will also be shown with X-Men 3, Pirates of the Carribean 2, Superman Returns, Cars, The Wild and Over the Hedge. Possibly with some other films as well, of course that is applicable to our place which is a 10 screen Cineworld site, so it may well differ slightly depending on location, screen amount and company.
Inferno area op/attendant

Ian
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:50 pm

I'm going to Thorpe on Wednesday and to my horror I notice on the website that Rush is currently 'unavailable'. Does anyone have any news about it's availability or anything? I badly want to ride it and I only go once a year - this is typical! Any info would be most appreciated :D

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:19 pm

Well they always seem to have problems with the arm further away from the ride op's control room so maybe they're closing the ride to properly get this sorted. :-?

Just a theory. . .
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Nick

Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:32 pm

I hope its up and running tomorrow as a few of us are going down, first trip to thorpe and I was really looking forward to riding it! :(

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:09 am

When i went 2 weeks ago, only the arm (closest to the queue entrnace which is furthers away from the Control pod) was the only one work, because the one closest to the control pod was closed.

This is because the wires that come from up above down to the place u sit on etc was getting chewed up at the top. I wish i took a picture of it, but dont know if it still there, but you could see the wires getting chewed and mangeled at the top. So maybe like Dan said, they closed it to get it fixed fully this time maybe.

Steighvo
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:20 pm

The website says Stealth was closed today. Can anyone shed some light as to whether this is a long term problem? As i'm taking my friend to Thorpe tomorrow for the first time and shes 'uber' excited about Stealth.
Cheers
Touch my beans... said the man!

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:46 pm

Stealth, Detonator, Pirates 4D and the Beach are all closed today. Could Stealth be suffering the same heat problems as Rita ? Thorpe do have quite a few problems with reliability this year.