UK theme parks from another point of view!

Steighvo
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:48 pm

So what is the likely hood of it being open tomorrow? Anybody know? :?
Touch my beans... said the man!

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:04 pm

"Steighvo" wrote:
So what is the likely hood of it being open tomorrow? Anybody know? :?

Well Stealth always will break down at least once during the day but this is only for normally like 20 minutes. But the past week Ive heard that it has been going down for 3 hours sometimes being closed for the rest of the day. So maybe they have decided to shut it today to try and resolve the problem. :-? The best thing is to phone up thorpe or check on there website either later today or tommorow morning.

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:15 pm

I know a couple of people who are at Thorpe today, and have infact been on Stealth in the past few hours, so i assume it isn't closed anymore?

Don't quote me on this though :?

srw985
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:22 pm

Air usually closes for about 20 mins most days.
Chester City Football Club

Nick

Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:47 pm

Stealth opened at about 1:30, dont know what the problems were, but it was worth waiting till then :D

Detonator opened at a later point in the day too, and the beach was closed for maintenance apparantly!

Stealth broke down at the end of the day, Rush was back up and running after a few days down

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:19 pm

Nothing sounds too serious then, usual routine problems associated with complex rides (and simple ones lol).

I expect its difficult to keep all rides running smoothly together when you have so many in such a small park.

Nick

Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:26 pm

Slammer also broke down today when it reached the top, but I was told that it has near enough constant difficulties!

Stealth did close a few times I think due to heavy rain, I assume it did cos we never noticed it running. But these were only showers and was running again soon after

Mattmills
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:09 pm

"srw985" wrote:
Air usually closes for about 20 mins most days.

lol whats that got to do with thorpe park!?

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:46 pm

:P Who knows. Out of curiosity what does everyone think Thorpe has better than Alton and Alton has better than Thorpe?

Because Thorpe seems a lot cleaner, nicer, better quality of rides and better theming? Your views?

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:15 pm

I agree with you 100% titler121. It does seemt that Thorpe Park is cleaner, nicer, better themed and more quality rides, all in smaller space so less walking also. It's like a trek to get from Nemeies to Oblivion, where just a small step from Stealth to say Collosus/ Nemeies Inferno.

I was sat in the middle on a grass bit not far from Tidal Wave, in the sun, with hapy chart music blasting away, looing around me, and i felt like i was back in a Florida Theme Park. The Themeing is nice and the rides are quality, nice and tidy, it was just great. Thorpe Park just need another Roller Coaster or 2, 1 more flat ride and the park is just awesome 10 out of 10 then. Its a good 9 at mo. Thorpe have far more Flats than Alton At mo, Alton Needs some more nice flat rides.

Ian
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:35 am

I went to Thorpe yesterday and we had a great day. Nothing broke down as far as I'm aware and one arm on Rush was working woo! Trip report up later.

AstroDan

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:52 am

"titler121" wrote:
:P Who knows. Out of curiosity what does everyone think Thorpe has better than Alton and Alton has better than Thorpe?

Because Thorpe seems a lot cleaner, nicer, better quality of rides and better theming? Your views?

Sorry to sound harsh, but why do you have to provoke yet another Thorpe/Alton debate, when about 500 have taken place in the last few months alone? :evil:

We all know there are very split views about which is the better park, what is better where and where both parks should improve. It is all open to personal interpretation of what your ideal park should be like! If you like it fast and furious, Thorpe is your park. If you like it more balanced, Alton is your park. If you are lazy and dislike walking, Thorpe is your park. If you like gardens and manor houses, Alton is your park. Blah Blah Blah.

:W

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:04 pm

For anyone who is interested, Captial Radio are doing a 'Thorpe Park £15 Special Offer'.

You can print off the voucher - Here.

Mugz x

:rock:

Anonymous

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:10 am

"AstroDancer""][quote=""titler121" wrote:

Sorry to sound harsh, but why do you have to provoke yet another Thorpe/Alton debate, when about 500 have taken place in the last few months alone? :evil:

We all know there are very split views about which is the better park, what is better where and where both parks should improve. It is all open to personal interpretation of what your ideal park should be like! If you like it fast and furious, Thorpe is your park. If you like it more balanced, Alton is your park. If you are lazy and dislike walking, Thorpe is your park. If you like gardens and manor houses, Alton is your park. Blah Blah Blah.

:W[/quote]

Discussions about Thorpe and Alton and comparisons between them are inevitable on the forum and there will be many more of them too. Would you have been so quick to jump in if the balance of the discussion had been more on alton's side?

Someone's given a fair opinion on Thorpe and it's only natural to compare - they're sister parks and Thorpe's shot out of nowhere over the last six years. With the development planned over the coming years you'll only see more and more of these threads/opinions on here/other forums.

Get used to it, sister!

:P

LiamC
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:15 am

and the beach was closed for maintenance apparantly!

How the hell does a beach need maintanace? :-? :-?

Liam =)

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:25 am

"LiamC" wrote:
and the beach was closed for maintenance apparantly!

How the hell does a beach need maintanace? :-? :-?

Liam =)

It needs to be drained and cleaned to keep it safe for people to use.

AstroDan

Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:48 am

"marky""][quote=""AstroDancer""][quote=""titler121" wrote:

:W[/quote]

Discussions about Thorpe and Alton and comparisons between them are inevitable on the forum and there will be many more of them too. Would you have been so quick to jump in if the balance of the discussion had been more on alton's side?

Someone's given a fair opinion on Thorpe and it's only natural to compare - they're sister parks and Thorpe's shot out of nowhere over the last six years. With the development planned over the coming years you'll only see more and more of these threads/opinions on here/other forums.

Get used to it, sister!

:P[/quote]

That took a while, I was getting very bored of Alton / Thorpe debates at that time. We had been having them solidly for over a week by that stage! Can't we compare with IOA? :P

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:38 pm

Just to let you all know;

Thorpe Park Welcomes Florida’s Finest Water Ski Team!

Providing entertainment on and off the water around the globe, the Tampa Bay Water Ski Show is bringing their extravaganza to Thorpe Park in Surrey this summer.

For one day only on 25 July 2006 the team will demonstrate wakeboarding, mono-skiing, bare foot and the jaw dropping pyramids to guests visiting the Park.

Established for many years and with over 100 members, The Tampa Bay Water Ski Shows are a tremendous success and have become recognised locally, nationally and internationally. Wherever they perform, they hope to entertain as well as inspire.

For more information on the Tampa Bay Water Ski Troupe visit

Sounds pretty cool!

Matt :D

Nick

Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:38 pm

£18 entry offer now pops up when you load Thorpe Parks website when booked in advance

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:41 pm

You can get it cheaper on Last Minute.

50% off!

Matt :D