UK theme parks from another point of view!

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:48 pm

mmm… It’s a great little website don’t get me wrong but the problem is just loading time. If they can get that sorted then yeah good little site but otherwise its not going to do the job. Simplicity is in fashion right now in terms of web design and they have done the total opposite.

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:57 pm

Glad you said that Power Of Ten i thought it was just mine lol.

But my laptop is also new well farely and mine was £600 no cheap effort so maybe its just thorpes crapy slow website :P .

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc \":)\"

Power Of Ten
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:58 pm

Thorpe website update :D

I think they have gone back to the old one, both links(.co.uk/.com) load to the old one now.

http://www.thorpepark.co.uk

http://www.thorpepark.com
This is my last Comment or View of TTF. I\'ve had enough of all this geek stuff, Im not worrying about theming or story\'s or landscaping, smoothness or what a ride is like compared to another. To just enjoy the roller coasters as fun and adrenalin filled.

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:00 pm

"Power Of Ten" wrote:
Thorpe website update :D

I think they have gone back to the old one, both links(.co.uk/.com) load to the old one now.

http://www.thorpepark.co.uk

http://www.thorpepark.com

Ooo how intresting they have seen sence :D

x

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:00 pm

"altontowers1" wrote:
Glad you said that Power Of Ten i thought it was just mine lol.

But my laptop is also new well farely and mine was £600 no cheap effort so maybe its just thorpes crapy slow website :P .

x

The speed of your internet is what matters, not the laptop.

Thorpe website update

Im still getting the new one, refresh your browser and try again.

Sebastian
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:02 pm

They haven't gone back to the old one, it;s just the DNS settings may have not propagated over various ISP's.

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:05 pm

I love the way they now have a separate box for rides currently unavailable :lol:.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:05 pm

Kaz about how fast your internet is and not the laptop.

yess i surpose its the internet that counts not the laptop but im sure if you have a £1000 one and a £200 one there must be a difference maybe... could be wrong :P .

x

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:12 pm

yess i surpose its the internet that counts not the laptop but im sure if you have a £1000 one and a £200 one there must be a difference maybe... could be wrong

Not hugely, I use a Sony Vaio VGN-TX3XP while my dad has some £300 HP thing because it gets smashed about and I honestly don’t notice much difference in loading speed. Im pretty sure their must be some, only we are probably talking milliseconds.

As for the website, am I the only one who think bar the loading time its rather sexy all be it maybe a bit over complex?

Power Of Ten
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:13 pm

Thorpe website update

Im still getting the new one, refresh your browser and try again.

I've refreshed still the old one lol, thing is I got the new one but then I was on it and i got "webpage cannot be found" and i could not get back on.

They haven't gone back to the old one, it;s just the DNS settings may have not propagated over various ISP's.

Lets go with that :D
This is my last Comment or View of TTF. I\'ve had enough of all this geek stuff, Im not worrying about theming or story\'s or landscaping, smoothness or what a ride is like compared to another. To just enjoy the roller coasters as fun and adrenalin filled.

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:17 pm

"Kaz" wrote:
yess i surpose its the internet that counts not the laptop but im sure if you have a £1000 one and a £200 one there must be a difference maybe... could be wrong

Not hugely, I use a Sony Vaio VGN-TX3XP while my dad has some £300 HP thing because it gets smashed about and I honestly don’t notice much difference in loading speed. Im pretty sure their must be some, only we are probably talking milliseconds.

As for the website, am I the only one who think bar the loading time its rather sexy all be it maybe a bit over complex?

Oh right ok. maybe not then.

Oh well learn somthink new everyday :)

back on subject...x

AstroDan

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:18 pm

"Danzaw*nk" wrote:
I love the way they now have a separate box for rides currently unavailable :lol:.

Dan

All available, apparantly.

:lol:

Power Of Ten
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:38 pm

I stand corrected, i can now get on the new one.

Sorry for the false hope lol

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:39 pm

I was just about to say about the new 'Unavailable Rides' box. :P

I quite like it but yea, the front page is too busy and flash heavy. Meh.

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:48 pm

It's a nice site. Love the simpleness and 'clean' look to the homepage. :D

cubwolf

Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:26 pm

The spelling is a laugh in places
"Here are the different tickets and their prives whether it's a singl or family you're after"

:lol:

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:40 pm

Mmm not so much spelling but typos. They really should proof-read before uploading, to be honest though I think they are just beta testing this new site hence only working on .co.uk.

Sebastian
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:43 pm

The whole site is just a crunk of crap. So many grammatical errors, physical errors about rides, and it's a visually ineffective site, which by the looks of it was a poor attempt at a new fangled site design.

Failed.

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:43 pm

Anyone noticed the weird new version of the logo on the intro page?

Adam x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

John
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:21 pm

New website, but still no mention of zodiac!

Its quite incredible how thorpe (sorry, THORPE PARK) have managed to get it so wrong.