UK theme parks from another point of view!

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:52 pm

"Sebastian" wrote:
After seeing the new Colossus nets today, i can safely say if they are left how they are atm, then the area has potentially lost it's feel.

If they aren't themed, me thinks they will continue to stick out like an erection in speedos.

Any chance of a picture or description?

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:11 am

^ There's some information and pictures here. :)

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:39 pm

Thats apalling! :shock: What have they done to her! i can just see that completely ruining the spectators experience. When you're on the ride i can see it not mattering, but seriously...

Take them down... please. Colossus doesnt need those nets! What are they expecting to stop anyway? its gone all this time without nets... why does it need it now?! :?

^^ Chris ^^
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

Wiggler
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:56 pm

"Mankey" wrote:
why does it need it now?! :?

^^ Chris ^^

cos this is england... and it's becoming like america with people trying to find any reason they can do sue people and get money out of nothing; so i spose thorpe are just trying to cover their back... especially since the rush thing where that falling lump could have done a lot more damage to people...

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:00 pm

*is sick*

How awful! No attempt at any aesthetics there.

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:13 pm

"Wiggler" wrote:
cos this is england... and it's becoming like america with people trying to find any reason they can do sue people and get money out of nothing; so i spose thorpe are just trying to cover their back... especially since the rush thing where that falling lump could have done a lot more damage to people...

The thing is, its a theme park, and i bet 99% of the people who try to sue them have NO idea what theyre talking about!

"Oh one of the cars derailed and hit me in the face!" [/end exaggeration]

*sigh* An amazing ride being ruined... Colossus is the best thing about thorpe, to see it get ruined by bloody nets upsets me. Colossus has the best visuals in the park... its not fair! The worst that can happen is someones hat flying off if they forget to take it off, and thats not exactly going to decapitate someone is it?! :evil:

Sorry i apologise for my agressiveness but i'm not happy to see this happen! :lol:

^^ Chris ^^
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:18 pm

They had to be put up quickly with virtually no planning in order for the ride to reopen after the incident recently.

Yes they are hideous. However lets wait until closed season to see if they do anything with them.

senor_cooper
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:01 pm

I try to find the positive in everything... at least it makes an answer easier to chose in the "best queueline at THORPE PARK" thread. Perhaps Thorpe could come up with a way of ruining the only other serious contender. And if there is one area where thorpe excels- and it is only one- it is ruining things. Perhaps they could replace the paving with 30cm deep treacle and put a large number of bees nests in the inferno queueline next. It would make about as much sense.

AstroDan

Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:04 pm

Just thought i'd let everyone know, a brand new Etap Hotel (one of the budget arms of the Accor Group) will be opening in Hounslow, on Staines Road in September.

The price for a room is £32.00 at all times, whether booked in advance or on the day - so it's really cheap - and rooms sleep up to three.

May be of interest for anyone wishing to visit Thorpe Park (10 miles), Chessington (11 miles) or Legoland (15 miles) in the near future, if you can't find a cheap Travelodge deal.

Etap's are a firm favourite of TTF when we're travelling around Europe, you can usually rely on them to be clean and tidy - even if they're basic.

www.etaphotel.com

:)

Ollie
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:42 pm

Where is the Hotel in relation to the Train Station?

Am looking to visit Thorpe Park and would probably need somewhere to stay...:D

AstroDan

Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:09 pm

It appears the new maze will be located at Neptune's Beach:

jonathan leake
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:46 pm

wow i wonder what it will be called. I donr know how muck space their will be but how cool would a maze in the dylan bulding be.

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:28 pm

Yeah, if you look at Thorpes site it says Neptunes Beach is currently unavailble.

Notice anything? yeah, NO DOWNTIME! How often do you see that at Thorpe :lol:

Power Of Ten
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:05 pm

"NF2" wrote:
Yeah, if you look at Thorpes site it says Neptunes Beach is currently unavailble.

Notice anything? yeah, NO DOWNTIME! How often do you see that at Thorpe :lol:

Actually it's getting better it's been like that for a while!
This is my last Comment or View of TTF. I\'ve had enough of all this geek stuff, Im not worrying about theming or story\'s or landscaping, smoothness or what a ride is like compared to another. To just enjoy the roller coasters as fun and adrenalin filled.

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:24 pm

The maze will be themed around pirates and death I am told.

AstroDan

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:33 pm

"Kaz" wrote:
The maze will be themed around pirates and death I am told.

Odd. Sounds perfect for a Mutiny Bay scare maze.

:roll:

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:18 pm

The new maze has been confirmed as "The Curse".

http://hauntedattractions.co.uk/index.p ... &Itemid=34

The dire excuse to have a marquee made me chuckle. :lol:

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:20 pm

I believe Thorpe Park is really hot on the heels of Alton Towers as it is going at the moment. The coasters at the park are as good as AT, plus when Saw opens they will probably have overtaken them. The water rides at the park are much, much better than that at AT, but it's been like this for quite some time now, but this is expected though as TP is based around water.
TBH in the future they need to look at replacing Neptunes Beach area and Depth Charge as it looks more like a tacky waterpark than an area at one of the countrys best theme parks.
The park has too many flat rides, most of them do the basic same thing, swing from side to side and the one half of the Lost City area is so swarmed with them its ridiculous, it looks like some amusement park.
The park lacks any decent family attractions or dark rides, and keeps pumping money into major new thrill sensations year after year even though they could spend the money on something else, altho thrill is their target market.

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:46 pm

Personally I think if Thorpe want to do one decent thing this closed season it's rip up the entrance plaza! It's an absolute eyesore and really gives a bad first impression; the Q line is made up of crowd control barriers tied together for christ sake.

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:11 pm

Yeah, they can afford it, just plain laziness! :roll: