UK theme parks from another point of view!

Blaze

Re: Thorpe Park 2012: The Swarm

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:25 pm

I thought it was Large Coaster. :?

Not quite the same as Secret Weapon, is it? :lol:

.Will

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:29 pm

I think "Lake Construction" sounds a little more professional than just "Large Coaster", sorry but it just seems so cheesy.

:)

Chaz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Lake Construction eh?

Well the project names have 'usually' been linked to the ride theme or areas themselves:

Project X = X: No Way Out
    Project Odyssey = Colossus
    Project Calypso = Nemesis Inferno
    Project Dylan = SAW: The Ride (named after someone's cat I believe)

LC12? Well seeing as it's theme seems to be the end of the world I believe that LC stands for Last Call (as in it's last call for the exit from the Earth before the Apocalypse).
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]

AdrenalineAlex

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:16 pm

"Chaz" wrote:
Lake Construction eh?

Well the project names have 'usually' been linked to the ride theme or areas themselves:

Project X = X: No Way Out
    Project Odyssey = Colossus
    Project Calypso = Nemesis Inferno

LC12? Well seeing as it's theme seems to be the end of the world I believe that LC stands for Last Call (as in it's last call for the exit from the Earth before the Apocalypse).

Last Call sounds like a good guess! Would be quite a cool name :)

James
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:29 pm

"Chaz" wrote:

I never follow anything to do with Thorpe, but a project named after someone's cat... oh dear. Although I'm intrigued on how a cat could be linked to the Saw franchise. :lol:

Last Coaster 2012 was my first thought, due to the hysteria that surrounds the end of the world being in 2012. But then that's quite cheesy, but if they can name a project after a cat they can name a project anything. :P

[Archive]

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:31 pm

Candy Holland's cat, I believe! It was an easy way to throw people completely off the track. :P

So, guess what LC12 stands for...

NOTHING! :mrgreen:

SLC
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Cheese

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:30 pm

On the contrary Bill, I think LC12 does have a meaning internally, though I admit it's not really of any significance. I'm going to go with Looping Coaster; it's simple, and if Thorpe were happy to claim that Colossus was the world's first ten looping coaster instead of the world's first ten inverting coaster, why should they get picky over terminology for a new coaster ten or so years on?

smeg_head
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:31 am

I doubt that the number '12' will be in the final title of the ride if it's year specific simply because in just 9 months the ride will sound dated. If it IS in the final title then it won't be reference to the year but to something within the ride.

AdrenalineAlex

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:26 pm

LC12 PLANS HAVE BEEN APPROVED :)

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:27 pm

According to Thorpe Park Mania and a few other sources, LC12 plans have been approved. So that's good, then :)

Rollercoaster5000
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:55 am

That is great news. Can't wait to ride the thing.
:D

DiogoJ42

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:03 am

Woo! Now we just have to hope they don't cut back on the theming. [-o<

sheepie
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:43 am

Interesting in TPM's press release it says £20M instead of the £18M stated in the plans. Where do Merlin get their figures from? :P

I'm going to stick by £18M, as I'm sure it's closer to the actual figure, but let's hope that it's enough to really pull it off. If Raptor is anything to go by, we've got a lot to be excited about. :D
Don't blink; not even for a second, blink and you're dead.

AdrenalineAlex

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:40 pm

"sheepie" wrote:
Interesting in TPM's press release it says £20M instead of the £18M stated in the plans. Where do Merlin get their figures from? :P

I'm going to stick by £18M, as I'm sure it's closer to the actual figure, but let's hope that it's enough to really pull it off. If Raptor is anything to go by, we've got a lot to be excited about. :D

Perhaps they are investing £18M into the actual ride and theming and then the other 2 million is for marketing perhaps? :)

sheepie
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:06 pm

^ I thought that, but then I realised that £20M may be for the entire project. That includes new infrastructure such as toilets, food and retail outlets, as well. No doubt a marketing budget is chucked in there as well.
Don't blink; not even for a second, blink and you're dead.

AstroDan

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:17 pm

God knows where merlin get their figures from...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

LC12 Mark
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:11 am

Basically I just wanted to clear a few things up for Thorpe Park next year. You may be aware that LC12 was confirmed the other week, but here a few more facts that may get you buzzing

*Coaster will be situated on a brand new island, previously near Treasure Island

*Will be a water coaster with a Splash zone, a worlds first for its type of coaster

*Amity theme will continue but with added elements of nemesis inferno

*Based around the 2012 end of the world events, with near misses from plane crashes to tidal waves

*One name has been mentioned The Apocalypse, which is also the projects name

Wait watch this...this is what it will be like, nearly the same track layout too infact!
Note the seating will not be like the video, they will be either side of the train, this video is just what it will be similar too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka7bBmKk8bA
Last edited by LC12 Mark on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLC
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:09 am

Blatantly fake. It show's you haven't looked at the plans at all; LC12 bears no relation to the Dive Coaster.

Javs
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:54 am

LC12 Mark, bit of advice! Don't come onto a forum where we all know as much as has currently been made public regarding LC12, trying to ply us with old, unreliable and incorrect information.

Only one of those bits of information is correct and if you looked at the plans you would have seen that mate.