UK theme parks from another point of view!

zs chris
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park 2012: The Swarm

Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:19 pm

Although I like the music itself, I don't think it suits the ride at all. It needs to be dark, slow atmospheric music.

I would like to hear something similar to anything from any Gears of War game, the title music from GoW1 would be amazing! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u70gCHwPUrs

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:28 pm

I'm going to have to edit the post so that people can really SEE that it isn't the official music. :roll: ;)

The best part for me about this ride has to be the trains. They look absolutely phenomenal! :)

fredward

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Can I quote Diogo and say the main beat of the fan soundtrack is "utter tripe"? :P

Doesn't fit the theme at all to be honest, that soundtrack could fit X:// No way out, I suppose..

Only apocalyptic elements is the beginning and 4.35-onwards quiet sections, the rest of the track was very wrong!

More Ambient sounds, string orchestral sections, i.e Background music.

This soundtrack could be a decent baseline for a better track? up to 0:40 is was pretty good. The Beat behind the track after, then destroys the song... continue with the more ambient sound,

4.35-onwards seems almost spot on, perhaps with a fade in and out marching drum beat instead of the constant machine-gun chattering just to vary it up? and The occasional synthed-electronical alien scream/growl/ twitch.

Mi-Nigle
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:34 pm

fredward wrote:
This soundtrack could be a decent baseline for a better track? up to 0:40 is was pretty good. The Beat behind the track after, then destroys the song... continue with the more ambient sound,

4.35-onwards seems almost spot on, perhaps with a fade in and out marching drum beat instead of the constant machine-gun chattering just to vary it up? and The occasional synthed-electronical alien scream/growl/ twitch.

I liked the whole composition the first time I heard it, now I've read your comments and listened again I agree with you. The drum beat doesn't fit at all. However I do think a drum beat is needed, one with a bit more bass and not as rapid. The slow ambient sounds aren't enough to accompany a beast flying overhead, that's supposedly being shot at during a war. There needs to be a sense of action and pace.

Will04
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Am I right in thinking that the "Thorpe Park inversion", at 127ft, will be the tallest inversion in Europe, 3ft taller than Jubilee Odyssey? (Technically the tallest in Europe is a Maurer Sohne Skyloop in Finland, but they don't really count, do they!)

If this is correct, then I'm surprised that Thorpe haven't marketed that fact more. They could add it to their "roller-coaster records" list.

djtruefitt

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:19 pm

They seem to be marketing it as Europes tallest winged rollercoaster at the moment.

Doopy Dan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:31 am

While that unofficial soundtrack sounds ok, ill agree and say it does not fit the main theme of the ride at at all.

It's too much like a standard piece of dubstep in the structure and composition, rather than a sound track.
Last edited by Doopy Dan on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:53 am

This piece of music doesn't fit the theme at all. It sounds like something that was ripped from a DVD menu page for a start  :?

One thing's for sure, I'm not queueing for *insert hours here* listening to that on a continuous loop  :P
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

Mi-Nigle
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Someone posted this over on TPM for the soundtrack http://youtu.be/W9YcsxlyRdY

I absolutely love it up until about 29 seconds, then it gets too heavy and up-beat to be on in the background. I really like the use of the church bell.

fredward

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:45 pm

I'd say it's a lot better then the previous track posted here, Bell chime is good, perhaps a much slower tempo, a soundtrack that'll sound good; quiet and ambient in the background.

zs chris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:39 pm

A few construction pics are here - http://rideguidegroup.com/site/viewtopi ... 101&p=3042

The important thing from this being that in the 4th picture if you look close enough in the bottom left, the chopper is onsite! :D

Bote
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Am I being a bit thick, or can anyone else not see the helicopter? :P

zs chris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Took me a minute to spot it as well :P

Look underneath the bottom left support, its facing forward and is painted red and white

Bote
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:04 pm

I thought the red spots were just something on the trees... Then I remembered it's January so there shouldn't be anything on the trees :P *facepalms*

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:57 am

Hooray! :D
a Thorpe coaster that hasn't had its funding/theming cut, i think we are on to a first here people

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:02 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -23715373/

So apparently crash test dummy's have lost limbs and they have to change the ride :P

Jonny.F
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Well at least it's a better PR stunt compared to the morphsuit one... but still, makes you laugh to see what they'll do to get into the press :P

At least we get nice new shots of the trains and theming, that brickwork will look incredible once finished. (I've never said anything like that about bricks before...)

:)

SAM93

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:28 pm

Oh Hai there shop window mannequins in the front row, I swear these campaigns just get worse by the day!!!  :roll:

Symmetrical Limb Loss FTW!  ;)
Last edited by SAM93 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:30 pm

](*,)

Should be accustomed to cr*p like this by now, but really, it feels just as dumb each and every time...

Craig

Thorpe Park 2012: The Swarm

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:35 pm

Stuff like this works though, as much as enthusiasts aren't keen :)