UK theme parks from another point of view!

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park - General Discussion

Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Deadjack5 wrote:
Oh right. This sounds awful! Was looking today whilst on my break and the rnr queues were at 0 minutes or maybe 10. It maybe because I wasn't on site but If this is true then I will be using rnr to work. Thanks for clearing it up :)

If you get a day when there are not many people then you will have a really good day. Like today, the waits being 10 minutes would really benefit your day. Not many people mean not many people know its in use and so you can use the really short queues while everyone else is stuck in the slow moving ones. Its when more people are on site and more people know how to use when the problems start occurring.
If its available use it regardless, the RnR waits will always be shorter than the main queue.

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Oh fair enough then :) does this work as a grup then? So if I reserve the ride, will my group be able to join me. ( there's 4 of us you see)

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:06 pm

When you set up your account it will ask how many people are in your group. You can then put down 4 people. The maximum is 6.

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:12 pm

Ah Great! thank you for your help

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:30 pm

I dont understand why RNR doesnt work. Cant they just be strict about getting there at you allotted time. If your late, you miss your turn and have to effectively queue again. The only down side to RNR I can see is that smaler rides would have bigger queues as there would be less people stuck in a two hour queue line.

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:03 pm

stealthsmiler wrote:
I dont understand why RNR doesnt work. Cant they just be strict about getting there at you allotted time. If your late, you miss your turn and have to effectively queue again. The only down side to RNR I can see is that smaler rides would have bigger queues as there would be less people stuck in a two hour queue line.

The problem is it distributes what was once 5000 people in 5 hours worth of queue for coasters into 5000 people into 10 hours worth of queue for flat rides plus whatever queue was already there.

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:39 am

Does reserve n ride include the Swarm backwards?

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:30 am

I think, from the main bag area onwards is in affected by the RnR system. So backwards should still be available like normal. I could be wrong though.

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:38 pm

The RnR queue for the swarm currently uses the old backwards queue line and merges with the main queue at the baggage room. The backwards queue hasn't been used all year and to go backwards you just choose that bay when you get to the station.

Hazard
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:16 pm

How does this affect the fast track queue then?

Feels like there are loads of extra queues and something has to give?

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:01 pm

Just finished today. Going to write a trip review later tonight reviewing the day and the RnR system in general. Overall was a fantastic day

MerlinFan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:52 pm

That would probably be because it's a quiet 'school' day so it's not overly busy there. Wish I could go on a school day but being a teacher it's not really possible.

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:29 pm

It appears Thorpe Park are now operating some of their attractions on a staggered opening.

@THORPEPARK: Today all water rides, Rocky Express, Slammer, Samurai and Angry Birds 4D will open at 11am :)

It has not yet been confirmed whether they will alternate the staggered ride offering for peak/off peak days.

What are people's thoughts on this?

RedStar98
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:52 pm

Is Saw open again now? I've not been able to find out for definite so far. I'm going back the park within the next 5 weeks
Last edited by RedStar98 on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thanks to lewis97

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:58 pm

Saw is still closed at the moment. There is currently no definitive date on when it will re-open due to the ongoing investigation into the incident on The Smiler

RedStar98
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:07 pm

ladyofthelake wrote:
Saw is still closed at the moment. There is currently no definitive date on when it will re-open due to the ongoing investigation into the incident on The Smiler

I don't really understand why it is closed though, Speed at Oakwood is pretty much identical yet that is open and has been for some time. Does it really take that long just to run some checks?
By the way, do you know if Rattlesnake and Dragon's Fury are open again at Chessington?
thanks to lewis97

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:21 pm

Dragon's Fury is open whilst Rattlesnake remains closed.

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:16 pm

RedStar98 wrote:
ladyofthelake wrote:

I don't really understand why it is closed though, Speed at Oakwood is pretty much identical yet that is open and has been for some time. Does it really take that long just to run some checks?
By the way, do you know if Rattlesnake and Dragon's Fury are open again at Chessington?

Merlin, and more specifically Thorpe have stressed that there is nothing wrong with Saw- The Ride, nor do they fear there ever would be. However it is the same manufacturer, and it's systems are both run very similarly. They both have multiple block brakes, and until they can find a fault in The Smiler's systems, if there is one, then they know what may have to be altered on Saw as well.
They will also be able to use Saw to identify any problems there may be.
I would imagine that any changes to The Smiler's systems will also be the case for Saw, but I would expect Saw to reopen for the six weeks, providing they manage to make the changes in this time. Time will tell :)

Everton-99
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:16 pm

Someone mentioned on my Facebook feed that Thorpe Park have removed all the signs for Saw - im not sure if they have got confused with the smilers signs being removed - has any been last couple of days and noticed anything?

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:55 am

Saw Island is closed off to the public so there isn't much signage around for it. It still features on the promotional posters, but has been removed from the ride times board for obvious reasons :)