UK theme parks from another point of view!

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park - General Discussion

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:32 pm

It's also had both the fastrack and main entrance signage removed. The bigger sign above the path as you come in from near samurai has also been removed.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:06 pm

That's probably to minimize the amount of non TTfrs remarking upon the lack of activity from the area. Thrope will probably be trying to reduce attention on the area so that they aren't tarred by the same negative 'reputation' Alton is getting. I understand why too...

What if the HSE guys can't find the problem with the Smiler? Does that mean Saw will just get removed or what? Saw has operated since 2010 without any major incidents, the worst you can probably get off it is a sore head from whacking it on the back of your seat, and the Smiler incident seemed to be a freak accident... I know why its closed but Saw has a good record... Surely they won't remove it if they can't find the fault?
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:31 pm

TheBeast wrote:
That's probably to minimize the amount of non TTfrs remarking upon the lack of activity from the area. Thrope will probably be trying to reduce attention on the area so that they aren't tarred by the same negative 'reputation' Alton is getting. I understand why too...

What if the HSE guys can't find the problem with the Smiler? Does that mean Saw will just get removed or what? Saw has operated since 2010 without any major incidents, the worst you can probably get off it is a sore head from whacking it on the back of your seat, and the Smiler incident seemed to be a freak accident... I know why its closed but Saw has a good record... Surely they won't remove it if they can't find the fault?

I doubt they'd remove the ride. A new ride system would probably have to be made for Saw. If it came to the worse case scenario and Saw had to be removed then that would be devistating considering its one of the most popular rides at Thorpe Park. There would also be afew pro's because a better rollercoaster could replace it but I guess we'll just have to ride the waves for now.

Everton-99
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Thorpe are stating on Twitter that Saw is open to the public :) good news!!

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Saw is open, I'm queueing now :)

Jamster42
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:34 pm

Slammer is actually operating today!!

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:11 pm

Slammer has been in operation for months now :)

Jamster42
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:02 pm

Oh, I guess I got a bit exited seeing it open for the second time ever when at the park.

thi3teenloverboy14
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:58 pm

Can anyone confirm about a few of the flat rides getting SRQ?? I saw on a facebook group a few days ago that rides such as Samurai,Detonator,Rush,Quantum and Slammer have got a single riders queue! Slight surprise but i've not seen any one report about it. Have i seen a fake post? I'd rather know if its true or not before i start to tell people on other groups ect. It makes sense for them to get them though.

RedStar98
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:47 am

thi3teenloverboy14 wrote:
Can anyone confirm about a few of the flat rides getting SRQ?? I saw on a facebook group a few days ago that rides such as Samurai,Detonator,Rush,Quantum and Slammer have got a single riders queue! Slight surprise but i've not seen any one report about it. Have i seen a fake post? I'd rather know if its true or not before i start to tell people on other groups ect. It makes sense for them to get them though.

When I went a couple of days ago, I went on most of the flat rides, but I didn't see any changes to the queue lines at all
thanks to lewis97

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:13 pm

I can confirm that Vortex now has SRQ along with Samurai. Most of the rides mentioned though do not.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:27 pm

Samurai's SRQ doesn't have a Samurai though...

Source: Theme Park Incorporated Facebook

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:28 pm

What's happened to Samurai? It's gone walkies

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:21 pm

Either Thorpe are either having one last go at fixing Samurai so it runs reliably and consistently, or they have made the decision to remove it.

It is possible that they may have found something seriously wrong with it (a la Submission) and it makes more financial sense to remove it? I guess time will tell.

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm

I'm hoping they claim it to be in for repairs, but actually just get a brand new top scan to replace Samurai :)

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:51 am

Samurai can just go, with no new top scan unless it will be run consistently on an intense cycle, I've been on it twice, worst top scan Ive been on, looked to be run much better at Chessington. Surely the fixing and maintenence isn't making much financial sense. You know a rides unreliable when it's down more than slammer ;) (send it back to chessington, it would be appreciated there ;) )

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:40 am

I wasn't a fan of Samurai when I went on it and thought Top Scan's were overrated, however after going on the one at Lightwater Valley, I really enjoyed it. I have to admit, I would be happy if it was replaced.

DavidRock
TT Member
TT Member

Reserve N Ride

Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:07 pm

Went to Thorpe on Wednesday earlier this week and saw this system Reservenride which was set up in the dome.

Sorry if this has been mentioned on forum...... basically you get to choose a ride and virtually queue and when the time is up get your generated QR code scanned and then select another ride and repeat.

We got in the queue for Saw and then rrebooked Saw again so on the ride and then a 15 min wait on the reserve system....... my personal opinion is that the system worked well and informed of ride breakdowns and even I formed of reduced queue times. You join the fast pass queue as normal and queue for there. I asked if merlin were rolling g this out across all parks but the person I spoke too worked for the software company and not thorpepark/merlin.

Www.reservenride.com is the link when your in park. Anybody else used the system and what do you guys think?

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:56 pm

I used to really underrate Thorpe Park, however I feel that from 2012 onwards huge improvements were made and are continuing to be made to every aspect of the park.

The Swarm was a great investment in my opinion as it filled a gap in the UK ride line-up and introduced large scale theming elements back into the park.

The overhaul of Fright Nights and the introduction of Lionsgate scare-attractions allowed Thorpe Park to become one of the UK's premiere Halloween destinations.

Angry Birds Land also killed two birds with one stone. It gave Thorpe Park a decently themed family entertainment area which widened the parks target audience. Along with this, it brought back classic family entertainment to the UK theme park scene as opossed to relying on new technology.

The introduction of a hotel (although not permanent or anything special) allowed Thorpe Park to become a resort which is an important step in the parks future, and opens up plans for bigger and better accommodation options in the future.

Thorpe Park also showed consideration for ageing rides, and attractions that were loosing their appeal by refurbishing X: no way out and introducing Brave it backwards to the swarm, which gave the ride a Worlds First. The scheduled re-paint of Colossus also validates that Thorpe Park are aiming to improve the overall appearance of the theme park.

The plans for the 2016 dark ride attraction are also set to be groundbreaking and could become the most immersive dark ride attraction in the UK.

All of this shows great improvement for the park. Although I will always prefer Alton Towers, in light of recent events it is important that Thorpe Park attracts a large customer base and continues to grow which it seems to be doing. This is good news for Merlin and the park itself and I look forward to future developments.

RedStar98
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:08 pm

I was at the park today and it was the quietest I'd ever seen it, the longest queue I saw for anything was the I'm a Celebrity maze at 35 minutes. My friend and I walked literally straight on Stealth and Saw, and a lot of seats were empty on most rides, particularly on Nemesis. The longest we had to queue for anything was X (about 10-15 minutes- it was raining so I think a lot of people were going on it to stay dry for a bit), and Swarm (about 20 minutes, but there was only 1 train on). Slammer was closed sadly, as was Samurai of course, but everything else was open and was open all day. Some of the food/games stalls were closed which I assume was because it was so quiet. Is it usually so quiet on a bank holiday, or was it the weather that put people off?
thanks to lewis97