UK theme parks from another point of view!

COASTERGUY246
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park - General Discussion

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:19 pm

not sure if anybody brought this up, but inferno has some shiny new wheel covers to replace the broken ones

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Evening All :)

Just a quick note to say that all the posts regarding merchandise have been moved to the Thorpe Park Merchandise topic.

NeoXIII
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:20 am

Did anyone had luck with the 12p promo they did just this morning?
I've been on the website since 9:30, but for some reason they opened up the form before 10AM and it wouldn't work at all! Quite disappointed about that! :(

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:25 am

I was the same, somebody seemed to have been trigger happy with the updating of the website, as all the tickets sold out before 10AM. :)

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:26 pm

Thorpe Park is trending on twitter after a fake account told readers there was another 12p sale taking place at 12pm, but it was false.
There's also backlash that the real sale took place 10 minutes before the advertised time of 10pm.
Here's a link: http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/whats-on/fam ... t-11096046

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:28 pm

IMO I don't see what the big fuss is about it going on a few minutes early. To me it just seems like people are being salty as they didn't get their ticket and are looking for a way to lash at Thorpe Park.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:32 pm

Adam.W wrote:
IMO I don't see what the big fuss is about it going on a few minutes early. To me it just seems like people are being salty as they didn't get their ticket and are looking for a way to lash at Thorpe Park.

I'm sort of in agreement. If these people really wanted the tickets, they'd have started refreshing the page at 9:50, or even earlier.

It's sort of like their opening times in a way. Whilst they advertise on the website that the park opens at 10am every day, the park will frequently open at around 9:40 on peak days. Now, some people might turn up at 9:58 and complain about how they missed the first ride of the day, but if they really cared about getting that first ride, they would have left extra time to get to the park and would have arrived earlier.

Congrats to all who got tickets :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:52 am

Thorpe Park are holding an advanced screening of The Angry Birds Movie at 11am on Sunday 8th May. This page provides further details on how to enter.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:49 pm

Credit to UK a theme Parks Facebook.

There are now new flower/plant beds dotted around Angry Birds Land!

daveclarkedaveclarke
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 05, 2016 7:54 am

Hey guys can anyone help please. I've stayed at the shark hotel before in a family room but next time I go I'm wanting a twin room is there any difference to the room layout as I can't find any pictures of the twin rooms.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 05, 2016 8:01 am

daveclarkedaveclarke wrote:
Hey guys can anyone help please. I've stayed at the shark hotel before in a family room but next time I go I'm wanting a twin room is there any difference to the room layout as I can't find any pictures of the twin rooms.

All rooms are exactly the same, A bunk b e and a double bed. :)

Hari
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 30, 2016 1:13 pm

Hey all,
I made a trip to thorpe park yesterday and noticed a couple things I hadn't noticed before...
1. There is a little section of Colossus' inline twists that has been painted, is this testing for a repaint?
2. Th13teen's music was playing in the swarm queue line, which was odd tbh

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 30, 2016 9:57 pm

Hari wrote:
Hey all,
I made a trip to thorpe park yesterday and noticed a couple things I hadn't noticed before...
1. There is a little section of Colossus' inline twists that has been painted, is this testing for a repaint?
2. Th13teen's music was playing in the swarm queue line, which was odd tbh

1. That happened a while back, I'd like to think that it's in preparation for a repaint, but perhaps they got distracted by Derren Brown's Ghost Train before getting round to it? I'm not sure, hopefully we'll see something there soon.
2. That's odd. Music from other theme parks is sometimes used if two rides have a similar theme or atmosphere (EG The Flume and Depth Charge), but that's a really strange combo, especially as The Swarm has such a good soundtrack. You wouldn't put The Swarm's music in the Th13teen queue, so why would they do that? (Actually, that's a really funny idea xD)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

SmileAlways
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:22 pm

I'm off to Thorpe Park with 3 friends for 2 days on 11th and 12th of July, staying at the hotel too. One of my friends hasn't been on any upside down rides but wants to overcome his fear of them, but he's scared of Rush with it having only a lapbar. Any tips on helping him overcome his fear? Also any tips with the digipass, best rides to head on first, etc? Thanks
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways

Instagram (there's bunch of random stuff but a tonne of theme parks): @jess_baker.98

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:09 pm

For Thorpe Park, I'd do Colossus and Saw first as these are the two rides that will be quiet at the start of the day and plan the day from that. I'd say you can reassure your friend with Rush's lap bar, as it is very secure feeling and can be very tight on the body if they really felt uncomfortable. All round I would say the best advice to overcome a fear of any particular ride is to just jump in the queue and do it, without giving a chance to think :)

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:17 pm

a ride with Slammer should be considered too!

SmileAlways
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:58 pm

Me and two of my friends will definitely be riding Slammer, I'm scared of it but I'm determined to do every ride open in the 2 days we have. Any tips on getting food from outside the resort as there doesn't seem to be a great deal of choice on the menu in Fin's
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways

Instagram (there's bunch of random stuff but a tonne of theme parks): @jess_baker.98

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:13 pm

I'd personally recommend Pizza Pasta Buffet, but I know Bush BBQ is also very good. If you aren't interested in this type of food, there is fast food such as KFC and Burger King :)

SmileAlways
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:48 pm

But they're not open to hotel guests after park closing time, I assume.

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:54 pm

This I'm not too sure about, but I would think that it is just Finns that is open after park close :)