UK theme parks from another point of view!

Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - General Discussion

Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:02 pm

Hi everyone,

Jack Silkstone recently uploaded a video on the new Thorpe Park merch available. At the end of the video there was a teaser for a new video that will be outlining some of the changes for the 2020 season.

This will likely be mainly specific changes Thorpe have made due to Covid-19, however there was a shot of Slammer for a second. I doubt this means anything in the way of a reopening but I find it interesting nonetheless.

Even if it's just about Covid-19 changes I still think it may have some useful information in there for anyone visiting soon.

The video is linked here: https://youtu.be/gvPmWjgukO8

Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!

KaiPhillips
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:43 pm

Htjc_ wrote:
Hi everyone,

Jack Silkstone recently uploaded a video on the new Thorpe Park merch available. At the end of the video there was a teaser for a new video that will be outlining some of the changes for the 2020 season.

This will likely be mainly specific changes Thorpe have made due to Covid-19, however there was a shot of Slammer for a second. I doubt this means anything in the way of a reopening but I find it interesting nonetheless.

Even if it's just about Covid-19 changes I still think it may have some useful information in there for anyone visiting soon.

The video is linked here: https://youtu.be/gvPmWjgukO8

Did notice some interesting things at the end of that video!

The shot of Slammer is likely because this is where the entrance to Black Mirror Labyrinth will be :)
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:28 am

KaiPhillips wrote:

The shot of Slammer is likely because this is where the entrance to Black Mirror Labyrinth will be :)

I don't think that clip of Slammer at the end of the video will have any relevance to the 2020 season.

Slammer is dead and Black Mirror Labyrinth has already been confirmed to be delayed until 2021.

KaiPhillips
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:01 pm

Dan wrote:
KaiPhillips wrote:

I don't think that clip of Slammer at the end of the video will have any relevance to the 2020 season.

Slammer is dead and Black Mirror Labyrinth has already been confirmed to be delayed until 2021.

Yes Black Mirror Labyrinth is opening in 2021 however I think we can safely assume that work constructing the entrance and any kind of facade has already commenced or been completed.  
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA

Dan says hi
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:21 pm

These are the rides which have been taken off the app so presumably won’t be reopening on Saturday:
• Lumber Jump
• Rocky Express
• Timber Tug Boat
• DBGT: ROTD
• The Walking Dead: The Ride
• Rumba Rapids
• Depth Charge
• Tidal Wave
• Rush

From what I’ve seen, Rush has got other non-covid related issues, and won’t be open for quite some time!

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:38 pm

Reports of a stabbing on the bridge. Police say it isn't terror related and it looks like there was only a single victim.  Hopefully the victim is ok but on the bridge at around closing time when everyone is leaving, lots of kids will have been around.

Place full of people wanting to have some fun after some miserable months and someone does that. Gets you depressed...

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:47 pm

Full statements on today's incident are as follows:

Thorpe Park wrote:
On 18th July 2020, an incident took place at the Thorpe Park Resort where a guest was seriously injured by another guest.

"The Resort’s security team and fully trained medical staff were at the scene within minutes and administered immediate care until emergency services teams arrived. The Police were alerted immediately and the Resort is co-operating fully with their investigations.

"The health, safety and security of our guests is our primary objective. We have an excellent security track record and have never had any incidents of this kind in over forty years.

"Our staff are trained to respond to incidents of all size and scale, and the Resort’s security staff maintain regular patrols on site. CCTV cameras are also situated throughout the Resort.

"We will be maintaining contact with both the injured guests’ family and the Police.

Surrey Police wrote:
We’re investigating an assault that took place close to the exit inside Thorpe Park on Staines Road in Chertsey this afternoon (Saturday 18 July) shortly before 4:55pm.

Two groups of people were involved in an altercation on the bridge close to the exit and one man aged in his twenties has subsequently been treated for a slash wound to his stomach. He has been taken to hospital and his condition is described as serious. No-one else was hurt.

Officers have been carrying out enquiries at the scene and two men, aged in their twenties, have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. They remain in custody at this time.

Detective Inspector Andy Greaves said: “I’m keen to hear from anyone who saw what happened or who has video footage of this assault. The two groups of people were close to the exit inside the park on the bridge when the assault took place.

“We’re still trying to establish what has happened, however I’d like to stress that this incident is not being treated as terrorism-related at the current time.

“Enquiries are ongoing to locate all those believed to have been involved. Officers will remain in the area for some time this evening and I’d like to thank Thorpe Park for their assistance and co-operation with our investigation”.

Anyone with information should call us on 101 and quote ref PR/ P20166906.

Alternatively, if you prefer to remain anonymous, you can call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Link

South East Coast Ambulance Service wrote:
We were call to attend Thorpe Park in Surrey at about 4.50pm following reports of a person with an abdominal injury.  On arrival, treated one person who was taken to a London Hospital. We have no further information.

Link

OliverDav
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:53 pm

I visited Thorpe yesterday and I noticed that it was as busy as it was last year.

Does anyone know how much they have caped their capacity by?

It was busy as you would expect on a summer day but when I went on opening week and it was very quite and most rides at the end of the day were a 10 minute wait.

It’s a bit strange but overall I got on all of the big 5 and it was a very fun day!

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:57 pm

I had two visits to Thorpe this week and both days the park was absolutely rammed. The big 5 spent most of the day either on 90 mins plus or closed. There seemed to be little space on the main pathways to social distance and I queued nearly 45 mins for Amity Kebabs on one day. Really not a great experience of Thorpe. My partner had never visited before and after our experience this week, he doesn't want to go back in September. I was really disappointed to be honest. 

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:09 pm

You’d hope that Thorpe would have a heavy cap on visitor numbers given their small size but it sounds like it’s not the case. It’s lucky they’re not doing other things like virtual queues that would keep even more people on the paths.
Thanks Jack

OliverDav
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:19 pm

Sorry to hear that you didn’t have a good time.

I went on the second week on the Wednesday and I was packed to the brim like it was Fright Nights busy. I went in yesterday knowing it would be packed so I wasn’t as disappointed but I was pretty annoyed on Wednesday.

The day before I went yesterday I was at Alton Towers and was very impressed, most people were social distancing and was respecting everyone else and I felt way more safe and it was very organised.

Hopefully the end of this year or next year Thorpe will be more organised but it is Thorpe Park so I’m not too enthusiastic.

Pins
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:13 am

A new book about Thorpe Park is being released next month:

Perfect for fans of the park and enthusiasts around the world, the Making of Thorpe Park is the ultimate theme park book. Get the story behind classics such as Loggers Leap and Thunder River, to modern beasts such as Stealth, Saw and The Swarm. It's an engrossing tale of fierce rivalries, massive gambles, and constant evolution.

- The story behind every ride in the park’s 40+ year history
- Revealing new and long forgotten fascinating facts
- Exploring the past, present and future of the UK’s first theme park
- The crazy stunts and ideas to promote the park and rides
- The full big, enormous, giant, humoungous, great story