UK theme parks from another point of view!

Hari
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Angry Birds Land

Wed May 28, 2014 9:53 pm

The wait is finally over for Thorpe Park fans as Angry Birds Land opened its gates on the morning of the 24th May 2014. Post your reviews and experiences below :)

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Re: NEW FOR 2014: Angry Birds Land

Thu May 29, 2014 3:33 pm

I have stumbled across an amateur video showing Angry Birds Land on it's opening day. In my opinion the area's rides have been minimally themed and the area seems to lack any sort of appeal/ impressive theming. The ride I was most disappointed with (after viewing the video) was Detonator: Bombs Away, I feel the ride missed out on major theming opportunity's and a sign change doesn't seem to warrant the status of a Re-theme. Despite this, the purpose made queue-line videos for the 4D Cinema seem to show some effort on Thorpe's part and the Dodgems deliver a fairly acceptable concept/story for a small filler attraction. I will be visiting the park in a few weeks and will briefly view this area therefore I will reserve complete judgement until I have viewed the area in slightly more detail. If you would like to view the video it is linked below :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbpwncmzQp8

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Angry birds land is a bit far as it only really consists of 2 rides. The re-theme of detonator is minimal and the queue line boards still call it detonator with out the bombs away tag line. However saying that the rest of the land is quite good. The dodgems are a fun ride and have a clear link to angry birds. The ride operates smoothly and the cars can pick up quite some speed.
The crown of angry birds land by a mile is the 4d cinema. That has been done very well and the effects have also been done to a good standard. If they are all still working come October then Thorpe would have done a very good job.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri May 30, 2014 1:45 pm

Angry Birds Land, although I personally haven't visited it since it opened, does look like the perfect family area. Its got rides for all ages and although the themeing is minimal, looks good. I believe the reason for such minimal themeing is because it is a major pathway and adding to much themeing would mean less path space for guest. Its in the ideal place as people have to walk through it to get to Stealth from the main entrance. And Stealth is a very popular ride. And for the first family themed area at TP in years, i think they have done quite a good job.

JustWill

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:38 pm

I like the idea, but there are 2 things I'd change...

• Light water valley already have this!
• Why is detonator a part of this?

Still love the idea! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Angry Birds Land

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:35 pm

I have to say, my experience with Angry Birds 4D was very good, much better than Ice Age!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

inFusion
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:47 pm

sw7nutter wrote:
Angry birds land is a bit far as it only really consists of 2 rides. The re-theme of detonator is minimal and the queue line boards still call it detonator with out the bombs away tag line. However saying that the rest of the land is quite good. The dodgems are a fun ride and have a clear link to angry birds. The ride operates smoothly and the cars can pick up quite some speed.
The crown of angry birds land by a mile is the 4d cinema. That has been done very well and the effects have also been done to a good standard. If they are all still working come October then Thorpe would have done a very good job.

I doubt they'll change the signs, IIRC some of the signs in the X queue still refer to the ride as X:/No Way Out.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:03 am

TMIwill wrote:

• Light water valley already have this!
:

Yes I thought that, I would have though Thorpe would have gone with something different although the two are completely different. LWV's is a themed park whilst Thorpes has actual rides. Although IMO it's a shame they didn't come up with something more original. Everywhere now has some sort of IP land to draw in children (ABL, Peppa Pig World, CeBeebies Land, Thomas Land, Nick Land)

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:58 pm

I did Angry Birds 4D today and...

...I loved it! Somehow this typically overlooked attraction felt like one of the best "theme park fun" attractions at the park. The auditorium is in fantastic condition, every effect works perfectly, and staff were massively playful. It even has bubbles!

We practically filled the auditorium, with the staff announcing there were 280 of us in there, before various just fun interactions with the staff pressing the manual water spray button quite a few times, to full audience shrieking and laughing.

Angry Birds may have practically no relevance to the rest of the park, but that is perhaps one of the most fun attractions at the park today.

Plus, it's air conditioned. :)

KaiPhillips
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:34 am

I did it as a joke in June and it was actually fantastic.
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:02 pm

As cheesy and out of place Angry Birds Land is, it has this cute charm about it. I absolutely adore Angry Birds 4D