UK theme parks from another point of view!

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - Quick Questions

Mon May 20, 2019 1:15 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
MakoMania wrote:
Are there staggered openings at Thorpe these days? I know DBGT opens at 12:00 (supposedly :lol) but are there any others? Presumably Rapids open a bit later.

Nope, with exception of Ghost Train opening at midday, everything else is scheduled to open at park open, and typically is.

You may even find things are open 10 minutes early some days. :)

Fantastic! Thanks for the reply!
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

SeaWorld has rescued over 33,000 animals in need!

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 28, 2019 12:56 pm

Bit of a silly one but what's the deal with bags on Bouncezilla? Just thinking I'll be needing my water bottle throughout :lol

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue May 28, 2019 1:39 pm

Morgan wrote:
Bit of a silly one but what's the deal with bags on Bouncezilla? Just thinking I'll be needing my water bottle throughout :lol

Bags, shoes and anything else are left in boxes at the start of the attraction. There is no wristband scheme, and whilst this area is meant to be limited to just those currently on BounceZilla, there's probably not much to stop anyone accessing the area.

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:49 pm

I’m not sure if this has already been asked, but is there MAP discount on the Coke Freestyle cups? 

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:08 pm

Tom170499 wrote:
I’m not sure if this has already been asked, but is there MAP discount on the Coke Freestyle cups? 

There sure is. I can't remember exactly the price of the cup (although off the top of my head it's about £2 cheaper than standard), then refills are £4 (£6 without MAP) per visit.

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:54 am

Swarm Chris wrote:
Tom170499 wrote:

There sure is. I can't remember exactly the price of the cup (although off the top of my head it's about £2 cheaper than standard), then refills are £4 (£6 without MAP) per visit.

Thanks Chris! :)

Camerond
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:44 pm

Me and my friend are staying in the Shark Hotel for a couple of nights. Having just turned 18, we are thinking of going for a night out in London. Is it easy enough to get there and back without the use of a car? Also, is it possible to get in and out of the Thorpe Park gates at - for example - 4am, the time we'd be back. Or is there any alternative places/ towns nearby that are good for 18 year olds? Thanks.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Camerond wrote:
Me and my friend are staying in the Shark Hotel for a couple of nights. Having just turned 18, we are thinking of going for a night out in London. Is it easy enough to get there and back without the use of a car? Also, is it possible to get in and out of the Thorpe Park gates at - for example - 4am, the time we'd be back. Or is there any alternative places/ towns nearby that are good for 18 year olds? Thanks.

You would need to go via Staines station, but I have no idea of the frequency of trains, or how long they run, to Waterloo. Some people go into Staines itself.

Access to the hotel is 24 hours, but it is the other side of the park entrance. You should be given access information, however there is an information board by the hotel car park (to the left of the park entrance) that has a contact mobile number of the on duty person if you arrive late at night.