UK theme parks from another point of view!

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - Quick Questions

Mon May 20, 2019 1:15 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
MakoMania wrote:
Are there staggered openings at Thorpe these days? I know DBGT opens at 12:00 (supposedly :lol) but are there any others? Presumably Rapids open a bit later.

Nope, with exception of Ghost Train opening at midday, everything else is scheduled to open at park open, and typically is.

You may even find things are open 10 minutes early some days. :)

Fantastic! Thanks for the reply!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 28, 2019 12:56 pm

Bit of a silly one but what's the deal with bags on Bouncezilla? Just thinking I'll be needing my water bottle throughout :lol

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue May 28, 2019 1:39 pm

Morgan wrote:
Bit of a silly one but what's the deal with bags on Bouncezilla? Just thinking I'll be needing my water bottle throughout :lol

Bags, shoes and anything else are left in boxes at the start of the attraction. There is no wristband scheme, and whilst this area is meant to be limited to just those currently on BounceZilla, there's probably not much to stop anyone accessing the area.

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:49 pm

I’m not sure if this has already been asked, but is there MAP discount on the Coke Freestyle cups? 

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:08 pm

Tom170499 wrote:
I’m not sure if this has already been asked, but is there MAP discount on the Coke Freestyle cups? 

There sure is. I can't remember exactly the price of the cup (although off the top of my head it's about £2 cheaper than standard), then refills are £4 (£6 without MAP) per visit.

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:54 am

Swarm Chris wrote:
Tom170499 wrote:

There sure is. I can't remember exactly the price of the cup (although off the top of my head it's about £2 cheaper than standard), then refills are £4 (£6 without MAP) per visit.

Thanks Chris! :)

Camerond
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:44 pm

Me and my friend are staying in the Shark Hotel for a couple of nights. Having just turned 18, we are thinking of going for a night out in London. Is it easy enough to get there and back without the use of a car? Also, is it possible to get in and out of the Thorpe Park gates at - for example - 4am, the time we'd be back. Or is there any alternative places/ towns nearby that are good for 18 year olds? Thanks.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Camerond wrote:
Me and my friend are staying in the Shark Hotel for a couple of nights. Having just turned 18, we are thinking of going for a night out in London. Is it easy enough to get there and back without the use of a car? Also, is it possible to get in and out of the Thorpe Park gates at - for example - 4am, the time we'd be back. Or is there any alternative places/ towns nearby that are good for 18 year olds? Thanks.

You would need to go via Staines station, but I have no idea of the frequency of trains, or how long they run, to Waterloo. Some people go into Staines itself.

Access to the hotel is 24 hours, but it is the other side of the park entrance. You should be given access information, however there is an information board by the hotel car park (to the left of the park entrance) that has a contact mobile number of the on duty person if you arrive late at night.

Camerond
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:27 am

Swarm Chris wrote:
Camerond wrote:

You would need to go via Staines station, but I have no idea of the frequency of trains, or how long they run, to Waterloo. Some people go into Staines itself.

Access to the hotel is 24 hours, but it is the other side of the park entrance. You should be given access information, however there is an information board by the hotel car park (to the left of the park entrance) that has a contact mobile number of the on duty person if you arrive late at night.

Thanks mate :)

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:38 pm

The trains run about every 20 minutes to London and last train back is just before midnight I believe.

Mr_Gibson
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Hey everyone, I have one day (Monday 21st Oct) to visit a park before the end of the season. I usually do Alton Towers but I’ve never been to Thorpe. Is a long round trip for me but as the opening hours are longer I thought it might be worthwhile. Do you think it’ll be very busy? Is it worth a 2.5 hour trip each way? I’ll be going solo too, are there many single rider queues? Thanks!

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:44 pm

Mr_Gibson wrote:
Hey everyone, I have one day (Monday 21st Oct) to visit a park before the end of the season. I usually do Alton Towers but I’ve never been to Thorpe. Is a long round trip for me but as the opening hours are longer I thought it might be worthwhile. Do you think it’ll be very busy? Is it worth a 2.5 hour trip each way? I’ll be going solo too, are there many single rider queues? Thanks!

Easiest answer first, there are no single rider lines at Thorpe Park.

In terms of how busy it will be, Fright Nights during school holidays will typically be the busiest time of the year at Thorpe. I have it in the back of my mind that that particular Monday may not be part of the local school holidays, so it may be worth investigating that yourself. If the park is wet, it could be quiet. The biggest thing you'll want to keep an eye on is the wind forecast, as the wind in October can play havoc causing all rides to close.

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:51 pm

London are off school that week

Mr_Gibson
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:09 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’ve got some things to mull over!

livinglamden
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:41 am

Hi guys/gals!

I'm new here. So I'm visiting Thorpe tomorrow for the Fright Night. However I'm currently struggling with anxiety relating to my size.

So I’m quite a big lad. I play a bit of rugby etc. I'm around 18st 9lbs, Waist 38-40", Chest around 47". My gut doesn't stick out too much. however I do have big thighs! I'm worried about the walk of shame etc. Has anybody else had an experience with fitting in the seats at Thorpe? Which rides should I avoid (if any). I've heard the Thorpe rides are far less forgiving than the ones at Towers! (I've been 10-11 times now!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance :) 

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:22 am

livinglamden wrote:
Hi guys/gals!

I'm new here. So I'm visiting Thorpe tomorrow for the Fright Night. However I'm currently struggling with anxiety relating to my size.

So I’m quite a big lad. I play a bit of rugby etc. I'm around 18st 9lbs, Waist 38-40", Chest around 47". My gut doesn't stick out too much. however I do have big thighs! I'm worried about the walk of shame etc. Has anybody else had an experience with fitting in the seats at Thorpe? Which rides should I avoid (if any). I've heard the Thorpe rides are far less forgiving than the ones at Towers! (I've been 10-11 times now!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance :) 

Hi :)

The best thing will definitely be to try out the test seats at the entrance to each ride. 

The only ride I would caution against is Colossus. The restraints are particularly terrible, and will fail for many reasons including larger chest and long or larger legs. I believe the test seat for this ride is not the greatest representation of what the actual seat is like.

The restraints on Nemesis Inferno are the same as those on Nemesis, so you should have a good idea on that one. There are seats that allow more room in the center of the train on that ride if you are concerned.