UK theme parks from another point of view!

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - Quick Questions

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:21 pm

Wagstaff04 wrote:
Do THORPE PARK do digipass at individual ride photo areas or is it just at specific booths?

All ride photo areas should do it.

For single day passes, they may well also have sellers on the bridge as you enter The Dome.

For annual DigiPass, again all photo areas should sell it, but they will give you a temporary pass and wrist bands. You would then exchange those for the full passes at The Dome. If they have any. And if the machines work. Both of these things happening seem to be a rarity, sadly.

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:48 pm

Does anyone know if THORPE will be doing the Armed Forces Day this year? Just wondering because I have family members in the RAF. 

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:18 pm

Sorry, me again. I’m having trouble looking at the prices for a day ticket, as when I click on the link, it just takes me back to the generic tickets page. Could anyone tell me the prices or 2 adult day tickets and 2 child day tickets?

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:35 pm

Wagstaff04 wrote:
Sorry, me again. I’m having trouble looking at the prices for a day ticket, as when I click on the link, it just takes me back to the generic tickets page. Could anyone tell me the prices or 2 adult day tickets and 2 child day tickets?

Current online prices are £33pp in advance, for all persons aged 3+.

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:44 pm

Thanks!

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:10 pm

Could anyone tell me the best seat for each major coaster?

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:13 pm

Wagstaff04 wrote:
Could anyone tell me the best seat for each major coaster?

Swarm: Back Right outside, or front row outside either side.

Inferno: Back

Stealth: Back

Colossus: Front - but not absolute front row, queue will be ridiculous.

Saw: Doesn't exist :sus:

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:46 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:

Get out.

Saw: 2nd dispatched train front row in the middle is (in my opinion) the best way to experience the full ride.
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:53 pm

DeadJack5 wrote:
Swarm Chris wrote:

Get out.

Saw: 2nd dispatched train front row in the middle is (in my opinion) the best way to experience the full ride.

I have to agree with Jack on this. It really is the best way to fully experience everything this coaster has to offer :)  Colossus you really do need to be nearer the front end of the train. its so much smoother than the back half of the train. Swarm, I am partial to the left hand side, but the right hand side is a bit more intense. If you've never done front row than I do recommend doing it at least once. Stealth is back, without a doubt, Same with Nemesis Inferno. Walking Dead and Flying Fish it really don't matter.

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:11 pm

I’m surprised about Stealth. I thought with it being an Accelarator, which have never been smooth, and the launch that the best would be front.

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:31 pm

Wagstaff04 wrote:
I’m surprised about Stealth. I thought with it being an Accelarator, which have never been smooth, and the launch that the best would be front.

It's not the launch that you sit at the back for. It's being dragged at speed over the top-hat that you sit at the back for. :)

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:54 pm

I think with Stealth is its a bit of a mix. The launch feels more forceful at the back, so it kind of feels like your being dragged along and I totally agree with what Chris says about the top hat. 

Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:05 pm

I'd like to add that no matter where you sit it isn't very rough. It isn't as smooth as The Swarm but only has a rattle at the bottom of the top hat before the air time hill.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!

thorpelover
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:24 pm

None of the rides are rough if you know where to sit, it's usually the back for most coasters apart from Colossus.

Hahaha_jokes
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:03 pm

So I live in the UK and I’m going on a trip to Chessington and Thorpe Park and I’m worried that I won’t fit and be asked to get off the ride which would be embrassing, so I don’t want to risk it I’m a size 16-18 for bottom. Not because of my thighs but my stomach droops and I pull my jeans up high and a size 14-16 for top please give me some help as I am in desperate need.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:00 pm

Hahaha_jokes wrote:
So I live in the UK and I’m going on a trip to Chessington and Thorpe Park and I’m worried that I won’t fit and be asked to get off the ride which would be embrassing, so I don’t want to risk it I’m a size 16-18 for bottom. Not because of my thighs but my stomach droops and I pull my jeans up high and a size 14-16 for top please give me some help as I am in desperate need.

Thorpe Park advises that the major coasters each have a chest/torso restriction of around 51" and Ghost Train doesn't have one so I would imagine you'd be ok there - try the test seats out if you're unsure though! As for Chessington, they also advise 51" on Rameses Revenge, Dragon's Fury, Rattlesnake, Scorpion Express, Jungle Bus, KOBRA and Vampire so again I'd imagine you'll be fine. If you can get on them all at one park you'll likely get on them all at the other. Good luck and hope you have a good time!

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:32 am

I know that you can pre-book DigiPass, but where do you pick it up and how can you prove you’ve booked one?

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:48 am

Wagstaff04 wrote:
I know that you can pre-book DigiPass, but where do you pick it up and how can you prove you’ve booked one?

Collection will most likely be in The Dome. The DigiPass center is on the right hand side as you enter, between the arcade and the shop. I would expect you will get an email confirmation that they would use.

Unless there is a price difference between online and on-the-day (which I'm not sure there is), you may find it much faster to just get one from the first ride photo collection point you go to. If you're getting a day pass, then you will be given a wrist-band, which they will have at all photo points. Just be sure to always ask for a receipt as well when adding photos, and check that the receipt has the same ride photo number that you asked for. :)

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 20, 2019 12:37 pm

Are there staggered openings at Thorpe these days? I know DBGT opens at 12:00 (supposedly :lol) but are there any others? Presumably Rapids open a bit later.
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need!

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 pm

MakoMania wrote:
Are there staggered openings at Thorpe these days? I know DBGT opens at 12:00 (supposedly :lol) but are there any others? Presumably Rapids open a bit later.

Nope, with exception of Ghost Train opening at midday, everything else is scheduled to open at park open, and typically is.

You may even find things are open 10 minutes early some days. :)