UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Re: Project 2020

Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:19 pm

Wait! How did no one think of this before!

Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:26 pm

Or maybe the symbols are a hint to the infinite amount of time it will take until Project 2020 actually happens.... If it happens, which is looking increasingly unlikely. Or maybe the infinite IP's Thorpe will get over the coming years. Or the infinite jokes that could be made about their questionable decisions lately. The possibilities are endless. (see what I did there!) Seriously though I have lost all faith in Thorpe Park.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:27 pm

Dom wrote:
Wait! How did no one think of this before!

I would actually love one of these! Its not the massive coaster we all want but its a whole lot better than the new bench we're probably getting  :lol
Thanks Jack

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:58 pm

If that turned out to be Project 2020, then all those Loggers Leap comments they just managed to get rid of, would pale in comparison to what would happen on their social media. :lol

Pins
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:37 am

It looks a lot like the new annual pass logo, and the Thorpe logo in general.

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:40 am

It does look like part of the logo, I've never considered that! :O

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:32 am

Pins wrote:
It looks a lot like the new annual pass logo, and the Thorpe logo in general.

That's a fantastic point. It could be a complete rebrand for the park with a new modern logo
Thanks Jack

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:41 am

If that turned out to be the new for 2019 thing, then all those Loggers Leap comments they just managed to get rid of, would pale in comparison to what would happen on their social media. :lol

:sus:

Yeah, it's as probable as any other suggestion.

ellboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Gerstlauer Infinity !! :-k

Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:28 pm

ellboy wrote:
Gerstlauer Infinity !! :-k

I think Merlin would have learnt from that. The Smiler has its problems.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:15 pm

You're all reading far too much into it :P

There are absolutely no new rides planned for 2019, so this has to relate to the series of events the park has been teasing since before Christmas.

As for the 2020 project, there hasn't been a planning application so I think we can be sure at this point that it is delayed until at least 2021, and with various changes with the parks management and direction over the last few months I wouldn't be surprised if it's had a complete rethink. With any new ride you're unlikely to have the park acknowledge or even tease of its existence until planning has been filed. 

ScottLann
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:58 pm

Looking at Thorpe Park's Instagram, the infinity sign that has been noticed is related to a gaming event that they are hosting this year. No relation to Project 2020/2021 unfortunately :(
Be Chosen - Join Us - You Better Not Go Alone - Assume The Position - Don't Look Down - Sit Back, It's Fright Time

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:09 pm

And all remaining resemblances of hope for Project 2020 were lost.

ProfBurp
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:02 pm

It’s certainly gone very quiet again on the 2020 front, looking more and more unlikely everyday that goes on of anything happening next year at this rate.

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:22 pm

I'm not entirely sure of the technicalities but if a coaster is listed on a previously approved LTDP, isn't it easier and faster to get planning permission once the time comes to build it? that might suggest planning permission may be later than expected.
I also seem to remember them getting some kind of permission to build anything below a certain height without permission?
I may be talking rubbish so please correct me if I'm wrong
Thanks Jack

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:32 pm

AltonOperator wrote:
I'm not entirely sure of the technicalities but if a coaster is listed on a previously approved LTDP, isn't it easier and faster to get planning permission once the time comes to build it? that might suggest planning permission may be later than expected.
I also seem to remember them getting some kind of permission to build anything below a certain height without permission?

They had to get planning permission to install fences by Walking Dead, so the allowed limits are very small. They tried for easier restrictions, but the request stalled middle of last year.

Edit: Although they can stack shipping containers for Fright Nights without permissions :lol

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:19 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:
AltonOperator wrote:

They had to get planning permission to install fences by Walking Dead, so the allowed limits are very small. They tried for easier restrictions, but the request stalled middle of last year.

Edit: Although they can stack shipping containers for Fright Nights without permissions :lol

The last dated planning application that I can obviously see is dated 3/1/18. Yet they have done work to fill in the waterbed around Colossus. It’s interesting in that they probably should have put planning in for that particular work. I don’t know how the planning office works and what they require from Thorpe. It could be the documentation has already been submitted but not been out online yet. Anything is possible :)

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:32 pm

You're right there is an odd amount of things they can do with our without planning permission. Changing waterbeds in an area of flooding definitely seems like something you should get permission for. :lol

One thing is for sure, nothing big (worthwhile :sus:) is getting built without one though. :)

Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:44 pm

I think we can finally say that Project 2020 has been delayed. Or, probably equally as likely, outright cancelled with the incessant changing of hands within Thorpe Park's management. It's quite sad but may hopefully mean that whatever we get in the next few years will have plenty of effort put in and should hopefully lead to a better end product. :cry:

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:17 am

For sure Project 2020 is not going to be a 2020 arrival now. Hopefully the park can figure out it's future direction this year and start working towards that. I really hope that the silly fake marketing and "Easter eggs" stop now, which became a fairly common occurrence throughout last year and did little other than raise expectations for something that was never coming.