UK theme parks from another point of view!

Power Of Ten
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:55 pm

I like it to be honest where else are you going to get a roller coaster backwards in the dark no where although its not thrilling its a fun coaster that always makes me laugh and its great to go on with mates so i say keep it you still have all the real thrill rides in stealth colossus nemi inferno and the flats

Although a 1.4m min hight hmmm does anyone know why you have to be as tall to get on X:/ as you do on Stealth?

EDIT:made myself look a bit of a idiot there didn't mean it like that i meant you have to be the same hight to get on a 200ft acellerator than you do to get on a tame backwards rollercoaster in the dark.I can understand why you have to be 1.4m to get on Stealth. Anyway thanks Seb
:oops:
Last edited by Power Of Ten on Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is my last Comment or View of TTF. I\'ve had enough of all this geek stuff, Im not worrying about theming or story\'s or landscaping, smoothness or what a ride is like compared to another. To just enjoy the roller coasters as fun and adrenalin filled.

Sebastian
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:58 pm

Lap bar restrictions, and for Stealth it's for the restraints aswell.

thorpeparkjunkie
TT Member
TT Member

X:/ No Way Out

Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:07 am

The first time i rode it i was very disappointed its a waste of space and seems to never have all of its affects working. I hate the queue line aswell its very cramped and boring they could have made it so much better.

Do you think that Thorpe Park should get rid of it, leave it as it is, make it better or give it a retheme?

I say go.

AstroDan

Re: X:/ No Way Out

Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:09 am

I think Thorpe should play on the idea of how poor it is. Accept it, if you like, and encourage it's poorness.

:D

Rowe

Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:12 am

I like it because it's a dark ride, backwards and still makes me scream from time to time.
They could do with improving it, but not chucking it out.
Am I one of those people who likes the pyramid by chance?

zs chris
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:14 am

"AstroDan" wrote:
I think Thorpe should play on the idea of how poor it is. Accept it, if you like, and encourage it's poorness.

:D

haha, a tag line like :- (doing this against my better judgement cos I love Thorpe and hate the bashing it gets on here!)

'Its so bad you'll be too busy complaining about it to realise half of our other rides arent working, and the rest look awesome in comparisum!'

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:42 am

I'm really gald this topic has been started because i was going to start a similar one myself. I visit Thorpe Park frequently, and even though i do recognise the park has alot of weaknesses, i think that in terms of rides Thorpe Park is an extremely high quality park with excellent rides, X:/No Way Out though is just an embarassment.

In the last 6 or 7 years, i have visited Thorpe countless times and ridden the decent coasters literally thousands of times. X though i have only ridden twice, and most of the time i just walk past, ignore it and dont even think about going on it.

People often say rides they dont like are a "waste of space" but X actually is, beacause of the amount of land it and the adjacent arena take up. Its right next to the arena whch is only used for shows for 6 weeks in the summer, and for te Se7en maze during Fright Nights. Se7en could easily be re-located, afterall it is just a tent! And the summer stunt shows could be given up on as they aren't at all popular. The amount of space that would be freed up by the removal of X and the arena would be huge- more than enough for a major new attraction. It would certaily save on all this infilling thats being done at the moment.

I say get rid of it. However, unfortunately i think it will be there for a while. Every season, Thorpe are making little adjustments like painting the queue line, moving the bag room, changing the outdoor queue line, adding a new sign at the entrance this year, moving the operators cabin, changing the exit structure, adding lights. etc. So sadly i think it will be with us for a while

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:47 am

I like X:/WTF?! I think its a nice break from the intense rides at thorpe! But like all their other coasters, i see this one as having the most potential! I love dark rides, and this could be improved SO much in so many ways.

Also this ride is another queue, if i see its long i feel quite relieved. but then again... usually if that queue is long every other ride is... so maybe not so relieved! :P

"zs_chris" wrote:
haha, a tag line like :- (doing this against my better judgement cos I love Thorpe and hate the bashing it gets on here!)

'Its so bad you'll be too busy complaining about it to realise half of our other rides arent working, and the rest look awesome in comparisum!'

How come every post by you I see you trying to start another Thorpe vs AT argument or stating the fact that thorpe get alot of bashing here? [-X
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

jonathan leake
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:38 pm

The thing is that it does that up a stupidly massive amount of space for what it is. The thing is i quite often see little kids on it. Ones that wouldnt ride the other big ride their. I think untill they bulid their mine train (or what ever family rollercoaster was metioned in the LTDP) It should stay. I also think that the theme its in at the moment dosent fit in with the lost city. I mean it something to do with a computer thats out of control or something and i dont know how that ties in with a lost city atall.
Last edited by jonathan leake on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:17 pm

Yeah, and if the ride was removed all they'd do is stick another flat in there, or even worse, add another enormous coaster in there, right next to Colossus, making the park into one GIANT tack hole instead of one BIG tackhole, with absolutely no ride vareity.
Admitedly the ride is very out of place, and I have never ridden it, but its the only ride at the park which we can really class a a dark ride, so unless another indoor ride comes along it needs to stay.

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:33 pm

"CoasterCrazyChris" wrote:
Yeah, and if the ride was removed all they'd do is stick another flat in there, or even worse, add another enormous coaster in there, right next to Colossus, making the park into one GIANT tack hole instead of one BIG tackhole, with absolutely no ride vareity.
Admitedly the ride is very out of place, and I have never ridden it, but its the only ride at the park which we can really class a a dark ride, so unless another indoor ride comes along it needs to stay.

I think you should ride it to see just how bad it is. I think that 2 options should be considered for X. Either remove the pyramid and the arena and put something else there. Or keep the pyramid, paint/ re-theme it to make it look like a pyramid rather than an oddly shaped wearhouse, but put something decent in there- a proper dark ride rather than just a dull third rate coaster.

I'd be happy to see either of those options. The first would free up loads of land for a major new coaster or 2 large flats which, lets face it, is what thorpe park is all about. People can say they want variety and non-ride type things to do, but thorpe park is all about rides, rides, rides and thats the way it will stay. Just think what potential they could have if they were to use the X and arena area. Something spectacular could go there.

The second option would satisfy those wanting a more varied selection of rides at thorpe. They could put a Duel style dark ride in there- something which thorpe have been lacking ever since WWH burnt down

zs chris
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:39 pm

"Mankey" wrote:
How come every post by you I see you trying to start another Thorpe vs AT argument or stating the fact that thorpe get alot of bashing here? [-X

I never try to start the arguments, I always try to defend the park if someone else has slandered the park in a way I think is unfair.. everyone on here seems to take it as their right to badmouth the place, even if they havent been there or have only been once and got on 1-2 rides.. and im pretty sure this is a Merlin Attractions sub-forum, a place for discussion about the parks..

The ride should definitely go, along with the arena.. would create a huge space with a lot of potential..

However, if after Saw, there isnt going to be any major investment over the next year or so, I dont see any reason to tear it down 2 seasons early.

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:41 pm

"zs_chris""][quote=""Mankey" wrote:

I never try to start the arguments, I always try to defend the park if someone else has slandered the park in a way I think is unfair.. everyone on here seems to take it as their right to badmouth the place, even if they havent been there or have only been once and got on 1-2 rides.. and im pretty sure this is a Merlin Attractions sub-forum, a place for discussion about the parks..

The ride should definitely go, along with the arena.. would create a huge space with a lot of potential..

However, if after Saw, there isnt going to be any major investment over the next year or so, I dont see any reason to tear it down 2 seasons early.[/quote]

To replace it with what though?

zs chris
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:52 pm

Theres good potential for an indoor ride in that area, without it being too extreme a ride, but at the same time still thrilling..

Something along the lines of The Return of the Mummy at Universal Orlando, or The Indiana Jones ride at Disney California (cant remember exactly what thats called, went on it a long time ago..) Both of which would fit in nicely with the areas theming. Although the American versions of this obviously will have cost a lot, a smaller version im sure would be greatly appreciated

AltonThorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:56 pm

I think they should get rid of it, but put a better dark ride in the triangle tent thingy. If not they should definately make it better!
People critsize the themeing but I quite like it. What is so bad about it.
I have to admit the queue is boring and really annoying. It's really dark and I couldn't see where I was going first time on the ride.
The ride is really old and you can just feel it while on it. Rumours have also been spread of people dying and things like that. I think Thorpe should just start fresh with a new ride and see how far that goes!
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

TB2
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:00 pm

I kind of like X, its a terrible ride but its just so awful that its fun. In a park that now has 6 coasters, I think X has a place for now but it will surely be for the chop very soon.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:17 pm

Agreed, it could be replaced with something better, but come on, its not that old. Its not like 1996 was a lifetime ago is it? How can anyone suggest ideas for a new dark ride in its place when we hardly even know what theme the Lost City has anyway. I assumed maybe like the lost city of Atlantis?

Rowe

Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:40 pm

I hope that Thorpe will not put a flat in that pyramid. Keep the rollercoaster inside but tweak it every so often, really.

ihavenoknees
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:16 pm

Im a big fan of enclosed coasters and this was no exception. However they have ruined what was a fantastic queue, waiting outside for what I assume is new fire restrictions doesn't help.

Keep the pyramid, put a better coaster in there. If I could make a wish it would be for a Mack e-motion. Not ridden one so possibly a poor choice!
see above[/i]

Joe Koopa
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:04 am

Make It Better! Make It Better! Make It Better! :lol:

I absoloutely love the whole story & idea behind X./NWO just don't think it's been put across very well. Bring on a new update! :D