UK theme parks from another point of view!

Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member

X:\ No Way Out

Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:31 pm

Here's something interesting. Check out the description of XNWO on Thorpe's website: http://www.thorpepark.com/rides/x-no-way-out.aspx
Notice how they've got rid of the sentence at the bottom which used to say :"And did we mention that you're hurtling backwards...the entire way!"
Could this be a hint at something?
Last edited by Krazycoaster on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EC!
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park: X:\\No Way Out Changes?

Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Oh ye. To be honest I don't want them to turn it forwards because that is what makes the ride special, it's not my fav ride but making it go forward is gonna make it more naff then it already is! Just wanna refurb or re theme thank you!! Knowin the did this it would be a surprise to me if they did actually did it. thorpe said swarm wasn't the only thing that was changing so this is obviously is what is gonna happen unfortunately.

MiniMurderdoll
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:31 pm

One possibility is that the line of text has simply been dropped so that more focus is on The Swarm's new backwards element?

The change occurred at roughly the same time text describing the backwards 'feature' on The Swarm's page got added.

Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:08 pm

MiniMurderdoll wrote:
One possibility is that the line of text has simply been dropped so that more focus is on The Swarm's new backwards element?

The change occurred at roughly the same time text describing the backwards 'feature' on The Swarm's page got added.

That's a possibility. I hope they don't change X to face forwards but they've kind of stumped themselves by saying X is the only coaster in the world to be backwards the entire way but now The Swarm does that as well; seems a bit pointless to me.

Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:12 pm

X is also listed under 'Thrilling and Fun' in the full ride listing: http://www.thorpepark.com/rides/full-ride-listing.aspx
It's described as the ultimate ride for thrill seekers in the making...Interesting

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:38 pm

well i don't see why thorpe would do anything with the ride, if they can't advertise it in a way to attract people to the park... i hope for a general refurb of the ride sticking with the original theme, and the possibility of it being turned forwards (but not really that bothered about which way the trains face; but the change to thrilling & fun gives a hint).
Image 2014

Chaz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Ok, ok, I've been quiet for a while and now I'm going to say it.

A few months ago (end of 2012) I was informed by two sources of two changes to Thorpe Park for 2013. One was The Swarm would have the last two rows facing backwards, the other was that X:\ would become forward-facing and new trains/restraints meant it would have a lower height restriction. This would obviously make it into a junior coaster and would give it a new life.

However, not wanting to spread rumours that aren't true I didn't post a thing. However, seeing as the first became true I would like to point this second fact out. My sources are very reliable but I didn't want to put too much out there. This, again, may not end up being 100% accurate but take it as you will. I believe we will have a forward-facing X this year.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:47 pm

Chaz wrote:

A few months ago (end of 2012) I was informed by two sources of two changes to Thorpe Park for 2013. One was The Swarm would have the last two rows facing backwards, the other was that X:\ would become forward-facing and new trains/restraints meant it would have a lower height restriction. This would obviously make it into a junior coaster and would give it a new life.

However, not wanting to spread rumours that aren't true I didn't post a thing. However, seeing as the first became true I would like to point this second fact out. My sources are very reliable but I didn't want to put too much out there. This, again, may not end up being 100% accurate but take it as you will. I believe we will have a forward-facing X this year.

I am sorry but I am having a hard time believing you knew about these ages ago  ;)

Rob
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Site still states that its a backwards coaster.

Chaz
TT Member
TT Member

Thorpe Park: X:\\No Way Out Changes?

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:26 pm

thillmad wrote:
Chaz wrote:

I am sorry but I am having a hard time believing you knew about these ages ago  ;)

And I completely understand where you're coming from. I wouldn't believe me either, but it's true :).

It would seem staff were told many months ago and leaks were pretty much stopped (which is very nice) but...

Why haven't they released any X info? Seems very strange, at least claim it's 'revamped for 2013' or something?
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Aside from the review, they've removed all references to it being backwards.

Also, on the map the ride is simply called 'X' - this should be updated on the website shortly.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:14 pm

So hopefully this does mean there has been some changes to X... well besides the name and description; just be really nice to see the same theme just more thorough for people to understand, and to actually look good again!
Image 2014

Saz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:47 pm

It should be advertised if 'X' is well and truly going to run forwards now, otherwise there may be some dissapointed guests when they get to the station.
Yes it's a floating hedgehog.

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:44 pm

I would definitely put it down to the changes being so minor, they aren't even worth a press release.
That coupled with the fact it would take attention away from THE SWARM, which is trying to glamorize a backwards facing ride.

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:59 pm

Disapointed guest and Thorpe go hand in hand... 8)
If you go down to the woods today

rebecca.wingate.79
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:26 pm

im just saying changing the name to just X is not gripping enough it sound boring and the whole point of the ride is that you don't whats coming so having a few flashes and bang wouldn't hurt  :)

Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Here's the new map which shows the renamed 'X'
Also, the ride is confirmed to be part of the 'Thrilling and Fun' category

undeadarmy
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Oh my god Thorpe are absoloute idiots. They have put it fowards, right I understand that as the ride doesn't really fit in the 'Extreme Thrills' category when it goes backwards, BUT if it's exactly the same ride with a different name but just facing fowards..

What the hell? They could atleast put some money into it and make it a scary, but fun family ride with a decent theme. It could be such a good ride, but no they go spending their money on some ride that doesn't even need money spent on, just to add some gimmick.

What is wrong with them? :/
Last edited by undeadarmy on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:37 pm

undeadarmy wrote:
Oh my god Thorpe are absoloute idiots. They have put it fowards, right I understand that as the ride doesn't really fit in the 'Extreme Thrills' category when it goes backwards, BUT if it's exactly the same ride with a different name but just facing fowards..

What the hell? They could atleast put some money into it and make it a scary, but fun family ride with a decent theme. It could be such a good ride, but no they go spending their money on some ride that doesn't even need money spent on, just to add some gimmick.

What is wrong with them? :/

Using *** didn't stop us from working that out.
Last edited by Owen on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Please do not use swear words even with **** in place of letters. Also could I ask that members do not "backseat moderate" if you spot something that shouldn't be on the forums please use the report button and a member of the team will deal with it.

Back on topic, just to confirm that nothing has been confirmed by Thorpe park as yet.