UK theme parks from another point of view!

Justin
Contributor
Contributor
Topic Author

Winter at Thorpe Park 2018-19

Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:17 am

Check out Thorpe Park Official's exciting series documenting the 2018/2019 closed season.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Winter at Thorpe Park 2018-19

Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:21 pm

These have been a great little series of videos. Bite-sized updates from the park showing things we wouldn't otherwise see.

Plus it also shines a positive spotlight on the teams we rarely (perhaps want to) see on a day out. I presume most technical staff only come into public contact when something has gone wrong with a ride.

Very nice Thorpe! :)

Justin
Contributor
Contributor
Topic Author

Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:38 pm

It is a very nice series and one which needs more discussion in my opinion. I love anything like this and it really interests me!

Although Thorpe has had slack for some of their recent decisions, and not much has been announced this year, I am wondering more and more if we will see improvements throughout the park. It is interesting to note that Inferno will be receiving some changes and Colossus is having work done too. Anything to reinforce or develop a rides theme is a positive in my eyes!

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:10 pm

This precisely, there has been a little bit of waiting for Thorpe to mess up again in everything they say or do. Now it really doesn't help that they have done so fairly regularly in the last year, along with seeding some of this through their own "banter". But some of the more positive stuff has perhaps been missed.

I've said somewhere in one of my many speculation posts this week, that I wonder if the park isn't going for a slight fresh start, or at least a restart on certain aspects. Improving quality and openness with guests has, it seems to me, slowly but surely been happening in the background. These videos wanted to show off how much work the park does over winter. The mere fact that the turnstiles are closed doesn't mean the park is just sat vacant. Additionally, various new information has been added to the support website, including an actual temperature at which most of their rides will stop at (it's 5c). A lot of things I've seen asked for on this forum have appeared in Thorpe's output this year.

So if they're doing these small changes, then I hope that's also happening on a bigger scale across the park. The rides have all been shown to get some serious work this year. How much in comparison to other years? Well we'll have to wait for Thorpe Park Winter Updates 2019/20 to guage that. :)