UK theme parks from another point of view!

Sozzy40
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Legoland Windsor Resort - General Discussion

Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:57 pm

At around 8:30 AM this morning, LEGOLAND sold out of tickets and no on-the-day tickets were sold as this was before park opening. Some schools go back today so it's quite a surprise

I was actually planning to go to LEGOLAND today so I had to make a last-minute change to visit Chessington (by the way, we got on 7 rides at Chessington including a fastrack until we had to go home at 1)

EDIT: capacity may have been lowered today according to visitors on their Facebook page
I can see why the beornen worship Wicker Man

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:11 pm

The park was running a Lego Movie 2 event today. Emmet, Wyldstyle and Sweet Mayhem were around for meet and greets, with little to no queues for them in the afternoon.

There was also an opportunity to help build a Lego Movie 2 mosaic.

A scavenger hunt around Miniland, where characters from Lego Movie 2 are hiding with a letter each. If you find all the characters and all the letters, you can claim an event pop-badge.

There was also a scene of Apocalypseburg, with Emmet and company hidden somewhere in the scene.

A fun little event, designed to make the opening few weekends a little more interesting. Especially whilst they finish off construction and winter maintenance on a couple of rides.

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:30 am

Following the launch of The Haunted House Monster Party yesterday, Legoland have announced on their Facebook page that due to technical issues, the ride won’t be open today.

We’re experiencing technical issues with the Haunted House Monster Party, which means that we won’t be in a position to open the ride today (Sunday 14 April). We are working with the ride manufacturer to have the ride back in operation as soon as we can and we’ll keep you informed of any updates on our social channels.

We apologise for any disappointment and hope you will enjoy the many other rides, shows and attractions across the Resort.

Dan says hi
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:03 pm

Following on from that last post, LEGOLAND have announced that the Haunted House Monster Party won’t be opening until further notice.
That’s not great at all for the park, especially considering right now they also have The Dragon, Vikings River Splash, Atlantis, Pirate Falls, Raft Racers, Scarab- Bouncers and Sky Rider all closed as well!

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:08 pm

Ouch. I hope they get them all up and running asap. I want to visit again this year as I've not been for years and Haunted House would be my main reason for visiting!

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:14 am

It seemed like most things opened yesterday, with Haunted House on a 40 minute queue at one point.

Meanwhile, Legoland are already pretty much at capacity today with pre-booked tickets. Interestingly, there is no ability for passholders to reserve a space. Kind of makes me wonder about the benefit of being a passholder at Legoland sometimes.

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:06 pm

Eariler today, SouthParks News reported Legoland Windsor Resort revealed their new VIP Club membership program. The membership includes unlimited access to the Resort, gold wristband instant ride access on every visit, complimentary preferred parking and a LEGO birthday gift. Membership is by invitation only and will cost £650 per membership, per year.

This is the first single Resort VIP membership to be offered since the announcement that the Merlin VIP Annual Pass was coming to an end.

What are your thoughts on this latest membership to be offered by the Resort?

I'm the boy with the bubbles

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:38 pm

I can't say I'm surprised to see this announced, but at the same time I'm also a little surprised that it is such a high price point. Yes, there is a fair amount included, but given that the recently withdrawn VIP Merlin Annual Pass cost £725 for an individual pass (£625 for a family), and included cold drink refills, unlimited entry, fastrack, 2 celebration tickets and 2 golden tickets, the price of this seems steep in comparison - especially as it is just for one park.

I do wonder if this is some kind of trial to see how this type of product goes down. As much as many people will say this is too expensive, there will also be those more than willing to pay for it and as long as people are willing to pay sadly Merlin will feel justified in selling it.

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:26 pm

As reported by SouthParks News, Legoland Windsor have submitted plans for a new family coaster in Duplo Valley. If approved, the coaster will open during the 2020 season.

I'm the boy with the bubbles

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 pm

It's always nice to see a coaster investment (+1 yay), but I'm little concerned about capacity. It's no secret that Legoland is a... busy place to say the least, and the tiny layout means it'll almost certainly be running the one train. Legoland as a park is small and already feels cramped, so hopefully this won't make the park feel like even more of a sardine can. But hey, it's a cute little investment that should hopefully take the weight off of the other coasters.

Coaster Chall
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:02 pm

DeadJack5 wrote:
As reported by SouthParks News, Legoland Windsor have submitted plans for a new family coaster in Duplo Valley. If approved, the coaster will open during the 2020 season.

Is this possibly SBF Visa Spinner?

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:07 pm

It seems that this Mack family coaster is the most likely ride type.

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:13 am

That ride actually fits the layout of the proposed details. Think you hit the nail on the head with that one.
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

KaiPhillips
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:34 pm

A creds a cred.
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA

davey_will1980
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:05 pm

Anyone know exactly where in Duplo Land this will be? Is it replacing anything? 

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:37 pm

davey_will1980 wrote:

It’s going along the path connecting MINILAND and Duplo Valley. I don’t believe there are any existing attractions in the location.

davey_will1980
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:30 pm

lewis97 wrote:
davey_will1980 wrote:

It’s going along the path connecting MINILAND and Duplo Valley. I don’t believe there are any existing attractions in the location.

Cheers Lewis, I had a quick look there on Google Earth, figured it could be the only place unless they removed something, was worried Storybrook would go for it, the youngest absolutely loves that ride. 

Martinw
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:05 am

lewis97 wrote:
davey_will1980 wrote:

The trees and bushes have been cut down either side of the path connecting Miniland & Duplo Valley, I assume to make way for this new attraction

davey_will1980
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:23 pm

Martinw wrote:
lewis97 wrote:
davey_will1980 wrote:

The trees and bushes have been cut down either side of the path connecting Miniland & Duplo Valley, I assume to make way for this new attraction

Moving along nicely then, does anyone have any pictures of the development on-going? 

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:29 pm

Legoland have shared the first look at the Duplo Dream Coaster on their Facebook page.