UK theme parks from another point of view!

krikey mikey
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

WONDERLAND Telford

Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:40 am

Hi everyone. Just wondering what everyone thought of Wonderland in Telford.

Its a small theme park aimed at small children, with rides, fairytale houses and soft play areas etc.

I luv the place. Its only £5.75 and great value for money.

If you have been, then leave a post.

[url=http://www.wonderlandtelford.com" target="_blank]www.wonderlandtelford.com[/url]

Matt
TT Member
TT Member

Re: WONDERLAND Telford

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:33 pm

I haven't been recently. But I used to live in telford up until 2000.
And it was great then, especially when I was younger.

Is the giant still there?

krikey mikey
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:43 pm

yeh the giant is still there, but its twice at big now.

anyone else been?

the reason i ask is because I'm the head of entertainment, was just wondering what you think of it, and areas for improvment.
x

Ollie
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:46 pm

Is this the place with the indoor butterfly/reptile house?

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:15 pm

Oh my god! its been about... 12 years since i've been there! I loved it back then but now its probs a bit dull for me! :lol: I always remembered the old witch in the Hansel and Gretel section hahaha! Scared me and my sister the 1st time, but when we went back the year after we found it hysterical!
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

krikey mikey
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:36 am

"Ollie" wrote:
Is this the place with the indoor butterfly/reptile house?

No. not the place sorry.

Ollie
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Hmmmm. I'm confused :?

I've been to a Wonderland, but I'm getting details confused with a place called Sundown Adventure Park.

The Wonderland that I went to was opposite an attraction called White Post Farm, and that's in Newark so I must have been to a different place :P

MPDarby
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:52 pm

I am sorry to say Krikey Mikey with you being the head of entertainment there but I hate it. I visit every year with my class of 4 & 5 year olds (that's reception age) and I find the place really run down and needs tidying up.

When I went on one of my many trips to the park the area up by the Wrekin giant was full of stinging nettles which of course 4 & 5 year olds have to investigate which meant lots of tears from stings and explaining to parents.

Also, the rides either need updating or just need looking after better. They are all in a terrible state. I know they are only kiddies rides but they do need looking after. There are never enough staff around to operate all the rides at any one time either.

The story book characters and walk around area are sweet but again are not in the best condition and need a lick of paint and the paths are just mud baths which is never good with little ones.

Rant over! I guess you can tell that I HATE the place!
Thanks for riding the Runaway Minetrain, we hope you enjoyed your trip. Choo! Choo!

krikey mikey
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:35 am

I totaly hear what you are saying. I think the same. Some areas of the park are run down.

We are doing the best we can with the budget wi have to improve the park and its surroundings. For example. one of our rides has just had a full refurb and paint is going everywhere.lol.

Its very difficult due to the bad weather over the past few summers, meaning less profit. Meaning less budget. If I had more say in the park then it would be very different. But I hav only just been made the head of entertainment since the summer. So the entertainment is the only area I can cover. However, I will work my way up and have the place looking gorgous in no time.

One question though MPDarby,,, you cant argue with value for money can you????

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:03 am

"Ollie" wrote:
Hmmmm. I'm confused :?

I've been to a Wonderland, but I'm getting details confused with a place called Sundown Adventure Park.

The Wonderland that I went to was opposite an attraction called White Post Farm, and that's in Newark so I must have been to a different place :P

You're thinking of 'White Post Wonderland'! I used to go there as a kid, with the classic sword in the stone in the butterfly house. Was ace haha.

MPDarby
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:04 pm

Very true, it is certainly value for money compared to other parks. I never pay myself though as being a teacher we get free entry. I also like the fact they offer free return with every purchase. So there's a good point.

Just out of interest, which ride has been done up?
Thanks for riding the Runaway Minetrain, we hope you enjoyed your trip. Choo! Choo!

krikey mikey
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:47 pm

The caterpillar ride. the one with the queen of hearts on top.

Anyone else been to Wonderland telford?

what you think?

mezza
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:45 am

I wonder if Alton Towers' lawyers would be interested in Wonderland's new logo and website.

Something about it looks a little familiar....

http://wonderlandmidlands.co.uk/