UK theme parks from another point of view!

themealgang
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Parc Asterix 2012: B&M Inverted Coaster

Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:07 pm

I've heard some people say that B&M's staple product could possibly be dead... well those people were wrong!
Look at this thing?! It's beautiful and the new elements certainly make this an inverted roller coaster for 2012. I can't wait to see the final product.
Last edited by themealgang on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Big Dave

Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:56 pm

Looks very intense. :shock:

Jonny.F
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Woah...Next year really is looking like a year for some awesome coasters in Europe so far. This coaster is looking stunning with these new elements.

:)

captain
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:27 pm

UH OH!

That's after the loop, before the Immelmann. Let's hope they forget to turn it on...

Cariba
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:30 pm

This looks fantastic and should end up being a proper intense coaster, but I can't help but think of Moonsault Scramble when I see that first element, especially after such a big drop. :shock:

Craig

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:33 pm

*must...stop...drooling*

This looks absolutely awesome :D. When caught on a quiet day (a rarity, admittedly), Asterix is one of my favourite parks. Sure, it doesn't have a huge selection of rides but it does have one of my favourite woodies, a decent dark ride and my favourite madhouse (when it's open!). Can't wait to head there next year, loving the mini pit :D.

CF1

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:37 pm

U are right Craig, 100% agree.

Looking forward for this awesoem new Ride.
Then they have one of the best wooden coaster, maybe one of the best inverter, the best logflume, best madhouse, best raftride, one of the best darkrides...

Cariba
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Completed Immelman ahoy!

Anthony
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:26 pm

Woah, that is looking awesome. I love that first element after the drop!

I'll likely be going to Paris at some point because my friend is living there for a year studying abroad. Methinks I'll go once this is up and running.

Blaze

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:49 pm

"CF1" wrote:
U Then they have one of the best wooden coaster, maybe one of the best inverter, the best logflume, best madhouse, best raftride, one of the best darkrides...

And lets not forget one of the best Vekoma multi-loopers.

No? :lol:

Bote
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:09 pm

"Blaze" wrote:
And lets not forget one of the best Vekoma multi-loopers.

No?

No :wink:

This is looking amazing now. I really hope I can get to Asterix next year :P The amount of interaction with the ground is great, and I'm hoping there will plenty of scenary and themeing the ride will interact with too :D

It's got the makings of a brilliant invert, and I've got a feeling that station building is going to look incredible!

On the trim front hopefuly it will be very subtle, and not have too much of an impact of the ride. If it does then I'd imagin there will be good reasoning behind it. We can just hope this won't be anothe Th13teen esque trim :P

Blaze

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:26 pm

The trim could have been curved like normal, no idea why they did a straight for it. But I suppose it could work out like Raptor's straight before it's cobra roll, which apparently is great.

Russell
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Wow that drop looks strange for an Invert! There’s no pre-drop for a start and it doesn’t immediately turn left or right as all other inverts do; it almost looks like a Flyer’s drop! :?
Since April 2008

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:54 pm

That will be because the last Invert was built back in 2007. Since then B&M have phased out the pre-drop.

Led Zeppelin - in 2008

I think the lack of pre-drop is also why it doesn’t turn as quickly but it could be a design choice. It’s a pity they’ve stopped using pre-drops because they work quite well on some ride. The one on Nemesis for example get’s the cart moving nice and quickly. However on this it should work well without one.

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:59 pm

It's the fact that it doesn't turn immediately that is slightly strange. All B&M Inverts turn as soon as they drop, this is so that the rows on the train to not hit each other when entering a steep decline such as a first drop. This therefore suggests that B&M may have modified the Invert trains with the rows being further apart from each other.

TB2
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:50 am

"Bote" wrote:

On the trim front hopefuly it will be very subtle, and not have too much of an impact of the ride. If it does then I'd imagin there will be good reasoning behind it. We can just hope this won't be anothe Th13teen esque trim :P

Well indeed, B&M aren't the type of company that just build a ride and then it goes to fast or something so they quickly throw some magnetic brakes at it. I can see the trims not being used like on Air.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

captain
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:22 pm

"TB2" wrote:
Well indeed, B&M aren't the type of company that just build a ride and then it goes to fast or something so they quickly throw some magnetic brakes at it.
Nitro, Silver Star, Raging Bull, Intimidator, Behemoth, Goliath...

To be fair, it's never known to be a problem on their inverts, and by the sounds of things SS's trims have been turned off (?) the last couple of years.

Pricey ;)
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:50 pm

"Nightfall" wrote:
That will be because the last Invert was built back in 2007. Since then B&M have phased out the pre-drop.

Led Zeppelin - in 2008

I think the lack of pre-drop is also why it doesn’t turn as quickly but it could be a design choice. It’s a pity they’ve stopped using pre-drops because they work quite well on some ride. The one on Nemesis for example get’s the cart moving nice and quickly. However on this it should work well without one.

Led Zeppelin isn't inverted?

Blaze

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:55 pm

Led Zep is there just to show that B&M don't do the predrop anymore.

Shame, they were one of the few things I liked about B&M. They are now even less interesting.

.Will

Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:27 pm

But B&M do still feature the pre-drop. Hair Raiser (2011), Manta (2009) and Phaethon (2009).

B&M coasters feature a turning drop, you can see it on many coasters the pre-drop is required on this coaster type (or so is my understanding) so that is why they feature them. On the Dive coasters or 'Mega' coasters there is usually a standard drop so they don't require them (though I think a few of the early 'Mega' coasters featured them).

I don't think that B&M are getting rid of this feature I am sure they are just using a standard drop more than the usual twisted one. Looking at some of their newer coasters especially this year Raptor and Sky Scraper feature a standard drop rather than the twisted one. This is a good thing because it shows that B&M do experiment a little and don't think that everything is ok as it is.

Raptor is another prime example of this a B&M Wingrider I mean a new coaster type off B&M is great. Hopefully there will be another soon I'd like to see them experiment a bit more.