Poseidon, Colorado and Kanonen are the obvious "clunkers" in this group so they'll be going 10th, 9th and 8th respectively. (I don't think they look like bad coasters, just weak in comparison to the rest of the group.
7. The Ultimate: This is one of those coasters which I've been told you HAVE to ride it in order to get the feel of it. I honestly don't know what to think of this ride also because it's such a marmite coaster. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and place it above Poseidon, Colorado and Kanonen yet I have a much greater desire to get myself on the remaining six coasters in the group.
6. Raptor: I don't see how everyone's jizzing themselves over this when we have the likes of Katun, Goliath and Troy in this group? Yes it looks nice, and it's a new concept, but to me it looks pretty sluggish and tame. I think the ride captures the concept of near misses really well but the actual coaster looks weak, particularly in comparison to the rest of the group on here.
5. Tonnerre de Zeus: It's a shame this has been put with Troy because I really, really like the look of it. Classic woodie coaster which looks like it has some fantastic airtime moments.
4. Anubis: I've always had a fond liking to this ride since it's been built. The layout looks really neat, fast paced and unique. And that station, gotta love that station!
3. Troy: Looks wonderful to ride, smooth, elegant, stunning to look at off ride and I've heard the actual experience is pretty mind-blowing. Want want want want...
2. Katun: Looks to be hideously underrated so far. I'm interested in knowing how many B&M coasters the people saying 'they're too formulaic' have been on, because this looks absolutely earth-shattering. Alpengeist and Montu rank #s 1 and 4 respectively and on my list, and I think this has the potential to blow those two out of the water.
1. Goliath: My personal second favourite after Piraten in the competition. I find it odd that most coaster enthusiasts rave about airtime but seem to be putting this airtime machine quite low, (mostly speaking of the people who haven't ridden it by the way, if you have and didn't think much of it, fair enough) I don't see how this coaster could go so wrong. It's got good speed, lovely looking hills, an interesting layout and that Stengel Dive.... <3
I have a feeling a lot of my favourites aren't going to make it through this one.