UK theme parks from another point of view!

beskins123
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nottingham Goose Fair 2009

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:46 pm

rockrage has been £3.50, at most grounds it attended
danny tranny

maguire245
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:49 pm

"beskins123" wrote:
rockrage has been £3.50, at most grounds it attended

Which is quite reasonable, since european fairs charge 5 - 7 euros for theirs.

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:28 pm

I think dependant on time of day £3.50 is feasable, but anything beyond that would be a bit steep in my eyes. I think a good rate is £2.50 for rides with decent capacity, and then for rides with a lower Capacity (Boosters, Capriolos, Rock Rage) between £3.50 and £6 is quite OK, anything above aint worth it for a 2 minute ride, no matter how good! goose looks nice though with a better line up than recent years due to the Hull Clash! What rate are stuff like Equinox and Top Buzz charging?

Also, what's with all the booing in this thread? is it a hack or something as none of the posts seem to be particularly offensive :?

AstroDan

Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:32 pm

I have no idea why there is so much booing in this thread. Perhaps people should consider why we actually have the boo/thanks mod rather than just abusing it.

:)

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:37 pm

"AstroDan" wrote:
I have no idea why there is so much booing in this thread. Perhaps people should consider why we actually have the boo/thanks mod rather than just abusing it.

:)

what's it matter, it's a bit of a joke?

or are they not allowed
......The one and only... :sus:

AstroDan

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:45 pm

Please stay on topic. If you have any commedations or opinions on the Thanks/Boo mod, please post in the relevant thread.

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:51 pm

"AstroDan" wrote:
Please stay on topic. If you have any commedations or opinions on the Thanks/Boo mod, please post in the relevant thread.

Sorry, but if that was aimed at me, please look at your post pervious to mine :roll:

anyway, seem as the gods have spoken

£5 - £6 a ride?

that's alot of money!

AstroDan

Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:12 pm

As a member of the team, it is my job to make sure that the threads are all running smoothly. Mods and Admins post in threads to remind people of the guidelines.

And yes - £5/£6 per ride is shocking.

DiogoJ42

Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:14 pm

I paid £10 for a KMG Booster at Get Loaded In The Park!

Why I did that, I will never know.

Nick

Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:12 pm

I really really really wouldn't bother with Top Buzz 2. £3.50 for 1 minute cycle. Got a few good moments on it, but it was over so quick.

Best Value for money was the Extreme, Superspin and Equinox.

Anonymous

Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:13 pm

Just a quick note:- This will be put in the meet thread too...

Topbuzz2 was on a 45 second ride cycle for £3.50 tonight

Superspin and most other flats were on £3.50

Rockrage was £5.00 but ohhhhhh so worth it!

Bomber Mark 2 £6 rising to £8 later on...

Ollie
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:17 pm

I was well disappointed with Topbuzz 2 tonight - the ride cycle was really boring.

Gutted no-one in my group would go on Rockrage with me :(

AstroDan

Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:24 pm

Shame. I went twice last year and the same happened with Space Roller. One night, a queue formed, and it was short and uninteresting. The next night, no queue and it was amazing.

Anonymous

Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:45 pm

Lets just hope the stacks of people that were there tonight, wont be going tommorow!

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:36 am

your mad

dave1de
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:35 pm

Geeeeese you guys serious? 45 second cycle on top buzz? thats just crazy! you need atleast a 4-5 min cycle on a top scan for it to be good, the Beast at Fantasy island sometimes gives you about 10 mins worth, and thats only £3 a go.

The rides are much more than other fairs, but its always been the same with the goose, if you spend a whole evening there you can easily get through more than the price of a ticket to alton or somewhere.

Bomber mark 2 for £8 is a bit steep, but I though £5 was very reasonable. You do get a very short go on it, but that I believe is because if it went on any longer you would actually black out and then die. Deffinetly the most thrilling and intense ride ive ever been on

beskins123
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:44 pm

i went on top buzz yesterday, and i nearly was sick, and that was on a 3 minute cycle.
I think it is a lot more intense that space roller.
danny tranny

furie
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:07 am

Such a shame three of the tall rides were down due to the winds. Bomber Mark two, the Booster and Star flier - The three reasons I took Madame_Furie over to Nottingham :lol:

Still, she had a crepe and we laughed at fooling Step-Sister-In-Law_Furie into going on Equinox (evil evil ride).

Still, it was a day out :D
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here

maguire245
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:21 pm

"furie" wrote:
Still, she had a crepe and we laughed at fooling Step-Sister-In-Law_Furie into going on Equinox (evil evil ride).

I'll agree with that, equinox is a very understated ride and can fool a lot of people. The thing that gets people most is the restraints on males especially..

The jingle is entising too, ''if you dare ride the equinox, buy your tickets now'', equinox, the uks' top sensation'' and starting off, ''hold on tight, your in for a truely groovy experiance'', more like your in for a painful one lol.

woody
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:53 pm

After waiting a few years to ride the equinox i finally got a go on the saturday at goose fair and i have to say it is crazy!

The restraints are metal and the first thought is when semi-crouching/standing in the seats is "oh my! that is a large spike, it looks quite dangerous..." The ride op comes round and SLAMS the spike into the seat terribly close to your equinox.

Surely this is a scare tactic which the ride ops seem to have employed :P. It's very intense and you seem to go in all directions and the weird standing/sitting position makes it feel even more strange.

One of my goals is complete, i rode the equinox :).