UK theme parks from another point of view!

What is the best UK theme park in your opinion

Alton Towers
49 (50%)
Thorpe Park
20 (20%)
Chessington Worlds of Adventures
5 (5%)
Drayton Manor
5 (5%)
Blackpool Pleasure Beach
13 (13%)
Legoland Windsor
1 (1%)
Flamingo Land
3 (3%)
Other (Please specify)
2 (2%)

Total votes: 98

Inferno Attractions
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Re: The best UK theme park

Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:45 pm

BenBowser wrote:
Inferno Attractions wrote:
jackandylan123 wrote:
Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
Is Blackpool really classed as a theme park?

I wouldn't say so, same for Drayton, but it seems that if it's pay once system, then it becomes a theme park to the GP (what's bpb's system anyway? not been so wouldn't know!)

Drayton Manor is a pay one price system (went last year) and so is Blackpool if you buy a wrist band

But does that qualify them as theme parks? My answer, in order to be a theme park, it need to be themed.

I actually completely agree even thought these are the words of the legend John Wardley I think it should be a themed place where family's can spend time together
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions

Jared
TT Member
TT Member

The best UK theme park

Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:05 pm

Drayton Manor isn't far off themed. It gets away with it more than Mingeland.
Chessington Buzz - New Look Website Coming Soon...

PhoenixStudios
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:27 pm

I guess Drayton Manor has Thomas Land which is themed, Flamingo Land has Dino-Stone park (which is pretty much its only major theming), so I guess they count. Blackpool Pleasure Beach.. meh, the fountains are nice.  ;)

My votes: Alton Towers for obvious reasons; BPB because it's one of my favourites; same for FL & it's my local  :P
*Credit to Lewis97 for the awesome Signature!

Eirdy
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:57 pm

By The Way: this is an AT forum so it takes no hero to work out which will win!
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
http://fairfans.freeforums.org/index.php

Inferno Attractions
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:24 pm

smilealways wrote:
By The Way: this is an AT forum so it takes no hero to work out which will win!

I know that but as said before by Ilovecoasters it is interesting to see what will be more popular than others and what will get 2 and 3

Inferno Attractions

Eirdy
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Oh... yeah. My wrong sorry!
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
http://fairfans.freeforums.org/index.php

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:45 pm

ponder wrote:
Dara wrote:
The title of the topic is "best UK theme park" but in your first post you're ask which is people's "favourite"

Which do you mean? there's a big difference between the two!  :lol:

yeah your favourite theme park is usually the best theme park in your opinion

Yeah, that's Dara's point. What's 'best' isn't a matter of opinion.

Exactly!

'Best' means the park which you think people should generally regard as being the most superior quality in terms of ride selection for all age groups, theming, best value, best staff, etc.

'Favourite' is which park you enjoy the most personally. This could be because you have a soft spot for the park, you have personal memories which make it nostalgic, the park may have a particular ride or set of rides which you personally enjoy the most, etc.

A favourite park is something much more personal and a park being your favourite doesn't necessarily mean that, when being unbiased, you think it is the best.

I know several people who say that Lightwater Valley is their favourite park in the UK but I don't think any of them would say that they think it is the best.

Similarly I know alot of people, particularly adults, say that Thorpe Park is their favourite because they like its selection of thrill rides, but I don't think any of them would say that it is the est park in the Uk because they'd be able to accept its failings in all round appeal.

In short Inferno, best and favourite are two very different things and I'm surprised that you don't see the difference :/

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:08 pm

Yeah AT is the best Themed and will always have a special place in my theme park section of my heart but Thorpe park is my fave as it has the best rides. I dont get the same feeling for lack of better word at TP that I do get at AT

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:57 am

stealthsmiler wrote:
my theme park section of my heart

Only a section of your heart is theme parks? :no:
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Jamie
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:09 pm

Blackpool Pleasure Beach wins hands down for me.
The huge selection of coasters, amount of classic attractions (and wooden rollercoasters, which are absolutely fantastic) and the atmosphere beats any other UK park in my opinion.
Their dark rides are amazingly themed, and Valhalla is just superb!

The park is also in a fantastic state now (tons of the park has been refurbished and given a facelift - including many of the rides), it is very classy and I would say the most up to date looking park in the UK, despite having so many classic rides.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"

Inferno Attractions
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 pm

Jamie wrote:
The huge selection of coasters, amount of classic attractions (and wooden rollercoasters, which are absolutely fantastic) and the atmosphere beats any other UK park in my opinion.

The park is also in a fantastic state now (tons of the park has been refurbished and given a facelift - including many of the rides), it is very classy and I would say the most up to date looking park in the UK, despite having so many classic rides.

Thank you for that contribution and thank you for not just having a go at me for getting confused even when I've already said sorry and corrected myself!

Inferno Attractions

altontowerscrazy
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:05 am

Alton Towers by a million miles. In my opinion, AT has the magical atmosphere, where as I don't really feel it in other parks. All the small stuff like the music etc. makes it more special, and more magical!

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:19 am

I am going to say Thorpe Park because Thorpe Park is one of those parks that you just zone out in and you feel like you're somewhere completely different and you aren't in the UK where the weather makes you feel miserable also I do think they have some of the best coasters in the UK.

Credit to NemesisRider

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:39 pm

Thank you for that contribution and thank you for not just having a go at me for getting confused even when I've already said sorry and corrected myself!

Who was "having a go" at you?!  :?

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:14 pm

As for best kept / most looked after park I am shocked myself at saying this but it would have to be Blackpool Pleasure Beach... Since my visit in 2008 and when I went again last year there have been so many improvements and the park is pretty immaculate!

My favourite park has to be Alton Towers as it has world class coasters especially my favourite Nemesis, as well as some other interesting rides like Nemesis Sub Terra & Hex... Unfortunately their flat ride line up is poor and pretty non existent which is why I would say Thorpe Park is very close second, just a shame they have no attractions to take a break from the coasters and flat rides, although with the 4D cinema coming back, and the addition of dodgems it's a start, and maybe we'll see Thorpe be my favourite in the coming years as they're getting better at park operations year on year as well!
Image 2014

craig.day.92
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:42 pm

altontowerscrazy wrote:
Alton Towers by a million miles. In my opinion, AT has the magical atmosphere, where as I don't really feel it in other parks. All the small stuff like the music etc. makes it more special, and more magical!
See for me last 2/3 times I went, I didnt feel this at all. Felt like one thing they have let go off, that magical feeling along with a few other things.

NickiFan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:48 pm

Alton Towers.

I have been to Thorpe and Blackpool but they both have pretty bad atmosphere, things looking in a bad way. Alton Towers seems to be very magic and different, it is also THEMED.

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:09 pm

NickiFan wrote:
Alton Towers.

I have been to Thorpe and Blackpool but they both have pretty bad atmosphere, things looking in a bad way. Alton Towers seems to be very magic and different, it is also THEMED.

Thorpe is themed. Some areas of Blackpool Pleasure Beach are too.

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:07 am

Dara wrote:
NickiFan wrote:
Alton Towers.

Thorpe is themed. Some areas of Blackpool Pleasure Beach are too.
Thorpe park is basically a British island with a lost city, a volcano, a cove, a village which has been attacked, a creek and saw is there somehow...

Credit to NemesisRider

Jamie
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:34 am

Jamie wrote:

Sorry?
I was expressing my opinion on the best park in the UK as you asked in the topic title, I never mentioned you.
Bit confused.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"