Just a few updates from sunny Southend, as that is all I ever post about. :P
- Adventure Island has had record visitor numbers this year, with a 13% increase in visitor numbers and a total of 2 million people passing through the parks gates. A lot of people have been taking "staycations" this year which seems to be benefiting most parks. Full Story
- Lights Fantastic has proved a success with Tribute Acts every Friday night for the past 6 weeks to enhance the family entertainment, on top of this with any purchase of a wristband visitors received a voucher for a free hot drink and donut within the park.
- The first of three Saturday nights of laser spectaculars was this past Saturday, drawing large crowds. You can see a short clip here
. There will be more Laser and Firework shows on the 31st October and the 7th November. Visitors on the 31st October will also see the park transformed for Halloween, with a Trick or Treat Zone in the Dock & Quay area of the park as well as park wide theming and audio changes.
- Adventure Island's sister attraction the Sea-Life Adventure is to undergo a £1million face lift, full story here
- Finally Johnny Vegas visited the park this past Sunday, had a nice chat with him and got a photo (As seen below), he said he shall be returning so I look forward to his next visit!
If you're ever in Southend remember to pop in at Customer Services and say Hello.