UK theme parks from another point of view!

starscream85

London sea life centre

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:36 pm

The Sea Life Centre is well themed around the different animals they have there and they also have tunnels that you can walk under so that you can see the sharks and other fish close up.

They have a bit for the penguins that you can walk in to and it is cooled so that you can get a feel what it is like inside the enclosure were the penguins are.

I would recommend going to the Sea Life Centre in London because it is great if you like animals and you like to see them close up and are looking for a great day out.
Last edited by starscream85 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rowe

Re: Sea Life London thoughts...

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:59 am

It really is nothing more than an aquarium. There is theming, which I would say is done incredibly well, that tends to categorise which fish and animals came from where (i.e. Amazon, Antarctica) but aside from that it does the job its intended to do. I find the Sea Life alright though I wouldn't revisit on an occasional visit much like Sharkbait Reef and Chessington's Sea Life.

As for the concept of rides and 'theme-park it up', no I honestly doubt that Merlin will even bother or even consider such a thing and the area really doesn't need it because it's popular and busy enough with tourists.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Free Sea Life Tickets for Teachers!

Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:45 pm

Hi!

Just thought I'd let any teachers on here know they can get 2 free tickets to any Sea Life Centre this summer until 31st August.

Just go to the link below, print off the voucher and take it to any ticket desk with proof you are a teacher (ID card or payslip)

http://www.visitsealife.com/schools/teachers/

I used mine last week to have a nice day out at the Cornish Seal Sanctuary - I even got to take my dog in too!

Enjoy  :D

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

SeaLife London Discussion

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Has anyone visited the SeaLife centre in London, and could tell me if it is really worth the visit when there are sea life centres in chessington and Alton towers which I'll be visiting anyway. Like as it's a sole attraction in London, is it a lot bigger and better? Thanks.
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SeaLife London

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:35 pm

I loved London Aquarium by SeaLife!

It's massive, and has a huge host of animals, including Penguins (which are always a winner) Been to Sealife in Towers, Blackpool, Manchester and London is by far the best.

ThrillJunkie
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:09 pm

London Sealife is on my list to visit too.

So far this year I've visited National Sealife Centre (Birmingham) which was good and Weymouth Sealife Adventure Park which is so far the best Sealife I've visited.
ThrillJunkieUK

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:45 am

The London Aquarium is really good. I can repeat all that Kirsty said, and I love the glass floor bit at the start! It lasts a long time, and is great value with a MAP.

2 Downsides:
  1. It's only something you can do once every couple of years or it gets a bit samey
  2. If you don't have a MAP, it's A. Quite expensive and B. a giant queue to get in (note that MAP holders don't have to queue to get in and enter the AP queue which leads straight to the turnstiles

Overall a great place, one of the best aquariums in the UK, and I already can't wait for my next annual visit!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:00 pm

I also enjoyed the London Sealife on the occasions I've been and is worth a visit.  It's certainly a lot better than it used to be before Merlin refurbished it as well.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Thanks for your help... will hopefully squeeze a visit in :)
Image 2014

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:53 pm

I personally find a whole day of it is great. London Eye, Dungeons, Aquarium, Madame Tussauds London and all the wonderful restaurants in London make a brilliant day, and most of it is free with a MAP!

Obviously if you don't have the time, don't do it, but I have to say a day of these London attractions is rather fantastic :)

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

SeaLife London

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:34 pm

My honest opinion of the London aquarium is the aquarium and what is on offer is fantastic, one of the best I have been to (Apart from the Aquarium at Plymouth).

The thing that I really hate about it is that there seems to be no limit on the number of people they let through the doors. Every time I have been, they have let thousands and thousands of people in, most of them rude tourists who don't speak English, don't know what queuing is, can't turn the flash off on their camera and feel like it is acceptable to push in front of you. This is the same for Tussauds IMO. This in turn does not make it an enjoyable experience. I for one was disgusted many years ago when I paid to get in and through it was a rip off and was not happy with the mega long queue outside. Now it is included in my Merlin pass I have only been there once, when I have had the opportunity to go many times. But if I am complain about the queue outside and too many people inside, the place needs to have a higher throughput.

Some aquariums I have been to have a moving walkway through it which forces people through and a reasonable pace.

So if you are going to go, avoid the weekends and maybe go first thing in the morning as I have been on the weekends and it has been manic and not an enjoyable experience due to over crowding.

If you do try cram Tussauds, Aquarium, Eye and Dungeons all in one day, then expect to be very tiered and fed up of people. Don't get me wrong it is an enjoyable experience, but the other people and overcrowding do put you off.
Last edited by bensaund on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you go down to the woods today

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:43 am

I agree, how hard would it be to use a click counter like you would on certain rides? I've been in Tussauds when it's been quite frankly dangerously busy, and it's never been quite as bad as Tussauds, but the aquarium is similar.

I did have one group who sat down in front of a tank of really fascinating fish, and ate lunch (some smelly, foreign food). Everyone was getting annoyed, and they said in their worst English:

"We like to enjoy it too you know!" :roll:

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:08 am

Yeah you enjoy yourselves and everyone else looses out. Don't worry as long as your alright that's all that counts.
If you go down to the woods today

thedman31
TT Member
TT Member

snorkelling with sharks in London

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:37 pm

Has anyone tried that experience yet? Very keen to find out more.

thedman31
TT Member
TT Member

London Sea Life Aquarium Halloween Maze

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:50 pm

I remember that London Sea Life did a Halloween Maze. I didn't manage to get there but would love to know if anyone else did?