UK theme parks from another point of view!

X
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Terra Mitica

Fri May 26, 2006 6:55 pm

Hi,
I'm going to Terra Mitica from the 15th July and wondered what it's like? From what i've seen, the park looks really well-themed and has some exciting rides. I went to Port Aventura last year and loved it- but what is this park like? Is Colossus a better ride than Port Aventura's Stampida? And does the park get busy? :-? Thanks!

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 26, 2006 7:00 pm

Terra Mitica is one hell of a park. . . yes it is amazingly themed (AT take note) and has a good selection of rides. I went in 2004 and I'm sure that year a ride like Maelstrome was being built!

The wooden rollercoaster is quite rough but still an enjoyable ride and the queues can get quite long. . . I went in August so. . .

Also you've got to go on their inverted coaster. . . it's mental and quite nicely themed! Although going on it after food wasn't such a good idea!

You will have a great day and remember to go on the Log Flume as its great!

Matt :D
Hope I helped!
Last edited by Matt 125 on Sat May 27, 2006 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 26, 2006 7:02 pm

Never been but I've just looked on rcdb and the woodie looks amazing.
Hope you have a great time.
:D

X
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri May 26, 2006 7:56 pm

Thanks for the help- I'd heard that the woodie was really rough- but it can't be as painful as the Ultimate at LWV?!? :roll: Has anyone been on the labrynth of the minatour ride- it's the same kind of ride as Duel but looks more spooky! :shock:

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 26, 2006 10:45 pm

I'm also going to Terra Mitica this summer. It looks to be an amazing park. Last time I went to Costa Blanca, I missed out on it but I will be going this time. I would also reccomend going to Aqualandia, a great waterpark and Mundomar, a brilliantly themed animal park right next door

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 26, 2006 10:53 pm

I've been to the Aqualandia in Benidorm and it had Mundomar next door I think! Its a great waterpark and has a great selection of slides! Have fun both you 2!

Matt :D
Last edited by Matt 125 on Sat May 27, 2006 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ryani210693
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 26, 2006 10:57 pm

I've also been to Aqualandia in Benidorm. I think it's the greatest waterpark ever! Its a must go to if your in the area. We were going to go to Terra Mitica, but we didn't have time. But seriously man, you HAVE TO go to the water park. IT'S GREAT! :D

Dom1991
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 27, 2006 12:30 pm

I've been to Terra Mitica, it's dark ride heaven if you're into them. Unfortunately I was too short to go on either Magnus Colossus (their woodie) or Tizona (Vekoma SLC) and I wasn't keen on the dark rides there either. The Minotaur's Labyrinth was good though. It's an ok park, the theming is excellent and their log flume looks similar to Stormforce 10 at DMP (backward drops, etc.) Mundomar is a nice park too, it's no Seaworld though, more like an outdoor Sealife Centre. I wasn't that keen on Aqualandia though, mainly because I can't swim and I almost drowned on the rapids. The three parks are all worth visiting though, although just to let you know, Mundomar and Aqualandia are exactly next door to each other but Terra Mitica is a fair distance away from the other two parks, it's outside of Benidorm and on the way to Alicante. Have a great time for everyone who's going :)

Anonymous

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:04 pm

The woodie is HARSH. By boyfriend put his shoulder out and I came off in pain!
One tip if you go on it is dont touch the centre part in the car as it vibrates really hard!
The vertical drop is scary as hell if you're not a big fan of heights, but you get a great view of benidorm and the rush is pretty cool!
I can't remember what its called but the swinging one that rotates is really cool, do it with your shoes off!

Aqualandia is also fun!

Anonymous

Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:56 pm

I've been there twice now and am going again this year. It's quite a good park but don't expect too much though. It's not as good as Port Aventura, except for possibly in themeing which is very good. I'll just give a quick expanation of rides there:

Magnus Colossus - Wooden coaster. VERY rough. The double drop and helix finale are the highlights as they are tolerable. But the bits in between gave me a severe headache. I was there August last year and this had one of the longest queue, but that was because it was only running one train and two rows of the train were unavaiable, therefore lowering it to 20 seats. It's ok though and you shouldn't have to queue more than 15 mins.

Flight Of The Pheonix - Drop tower. The second best ride in the park. A drop tower than unfortunatley only has sit down sides. Nevertheless, it gives an amazing ride and great views depending what side you're on. They run 1 - 2 sides, mostly 2, and has about 10 mins queue.

Synkope - The BEST ride in the park. Similar to an intamin gyro swing. AMAZING ride. The wind you get in your face when you swing down is great. And there was no queue. The onlu downside is the lack of arm room.

Falls of the Nile - This is a nicely themed log flume. It has one large forward drop and ond fun backwards drop. Overall a good, but slighly short, ride.

Minotaur's Labyrinth - A Duel style ride where you shoot monsters. This has excellent themeing and a good storyline but there are three very big negatives. There is no score meaning that it is slightly pointless. The cars are also dispatched in twos and usually the second car misses out on some of the effects. This will also have a larger queue than many of the larger rides.

Triton's Fury - This is similar to Tutuki Splash at Port Aventura but has two medium sized drops that get you just as wet. The themeing is again great and will get you wet which is what you want in that weather. And again, little or no queue!

Tizona - A standard Vekoma SLC. This is quite good depending on how rough it is. Last year it wasn't too bad but it will get worse. I really enjoyed it but the rest of my family didn't so it depends how well you can keep your head still! This was a walk on which I was shocked about! Even with 1 train!

The Rapids of Argos - Another highlight. Whilst the ride is nothing special this is among the best themeing I have seen on a rapids. It is also a very decent length. This is the ONLY ride that is better than it's rival in Port Aventura. (Because of length and themeing)

Other Rides: There is a nicely themed wave swinger, a sort of dueling powered coaster(but both sides will probably not be running, dodgems, carousel)

I hope that helps! Enjoy yourself anyway. It is a good park as long as you don't expect too mcuh :D

X
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:52 am

Hi, I've just been to Terra Mitica and it was a GREAT park, with the best theming i've ever seen! I've still got pains off Colossus but it's a great ride, and I didn't have to queue for any of the rides- which was great! Tizona was quite rough but I kept my head to one side which makes it a really fun ride! Another highlight was Rescate de Ulyses- a really well themed water dark ride, and The Laberinth of the Minotaur was better than Duel, because: The guns seemed new and easy to use, the theming was bigger and better and the animatronics could be killed! It's a great dark ride! :D And, their new ride ANGER OF AKILES looks exactly the same as the Energizer/Boneshaker at AT! It seems like the same ride because of the seats, bars etc. The ride has been painted brown and blue and there are shields at the sides of the rows of seats! If this is the same ride, it is being worked on the extreme setting- and is really fun! So, it looks like the Boneshaker has a new home. :-?

X
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:18 pm

Does anyone know where you can download some music from Terra Mitica? I've already been on PKTK but i was thinking of the Egypt/Greece music etc. Thanks

X
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:02 pm

Those pics show how great the theming is! It's the best i've seen in a park! :D Flight of the Phoenix was my first drop tower ride- can anyone compare it to rides such as Apocalypse and Hurakan Condor? :?:

Rollercoaster 4 Life
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:47 pm

"X" wrote:
can anyone compare it to rides such as Apocalypse and Hurakan Condor?

I sure can mate. Flight Of The Phoenix is a standard drop tower, which is has nice views of Benidorm because it's on a mountain. This is a good drop tower to start off with and then you can develop into taller different drop towers, such as Apocalypse and Hurakan Condor.

Hurakan Condor is the best drop tower I have ridden, mainly because it offers more than just a normal drop. The stand-up, no floor tilting side is great because it is different and the views are spectacular of Salou from 329 feet. The stand-up, no floor tilting side adds another dimension to the ride, and its that which IMO puts it above any other drop ride. If you liked Flight Of The Phoenix, you will love Hurakan Condor or Apocalypse.

Regards,
Rollercoasters4Life
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID][color=#000000]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!

X
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:23 pm

Thanks for that! :)
I'm planning a trip to Drayton Manor in 2007 so I'll be trying Apocalypse then! Does anyone know who Paramount Parks sold Terra Mitica to last year? :?

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:44 pm

No one. When Paramount sold their parks to Cedar Fair, Cedar Fair decided that they didn't want to take up any international parks so they just let Terra Mitica run themselves again and the 5 year contract became void

X
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

4th Dimension Coaster for Terra Mitica!

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:05 am

According to the RCDB, Terra Mitica will be getting a 4th Dimension Coaster for 2007. There were no signs of this on my last visit but this is very exciting news. The only other 4th Dimension coasters are X and there's another new one in Japan- so this looks like a Europe's first! :D

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:23 am

Wow!- this is brilliant news! If it's up to Terra Mitica's usual standard, then the theming should be amazing. From what i've heard about the other 4Ds, this could well be a world class ride and something very unique for Europe. I think I'm right in saying it will be Europe's first S&S coaster.

It will certainly get Terra Mitica the attention it deserves because it is a beautiful park with some brilliant theming and the park is virtually empty even at peak season.

I've heard in various places on the web that they're moving Tizona to the other side of the park . I'm not sure that it could happen but if this does then that could well be the location of the 4D.

Anyway this should really give Terra Mitica the boost it needs.

Now I'm angry with myself for going this year because I probably won't get to go again for ages

Edit- Been on rcdb and it turns out that it's an Intamin 4D so this dramatically lowers my opinion of it. But a coaster is still a coaster and it will still hopefully attract crowds to the park

BlackHole2006
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:43 am

Actually its an intamin ball coaster :wink:
A park in hungary will be getting one the same year aswell also Efeltig will.
This is my dignature. For now.........