UK theme parks from another point of view!

X
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:08 am

But it's still going to be only one of 4 4th Dimension Coasters in the world by 2007! I think it'll be a great addition to the park, and it'll add to the thrill coasters!

AstroDan

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:49 am

These Ball Coasters seem to have replaced Accelerator Coasters as THE coaster to have in 2007. Kirnu in Finland and Terra Mitica too.

I just hope they are reliable!

Length: 465' 11"
Height: 83' 4"
Inversions: 0
Speed: 37 mph
Duration: 1:00

That does not exactly set the pulses racing.

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:23 pm

I just hope they are reliable!

Intamin? New technology? No chance!

Just thinking, should the intamin 4D (or Ball Coaster if you're being pedantic) be classed as a 4D at all since it has no lateral movement or banking at all leaving it with just two dimensions of movement (vertical movement and free spinning cars). It is essentailly a flat spinning coaster flipped on it's side.

Anyway, I'm probably drifting off topic here.

I had no idea that Efteling was getting on of these or any park in Hungary. Looks like this could become the next big clone along with the SLC and the Boomerang
Last edited by CGM on Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

AstroDan

Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:00 am

This Ball Coaster has practically no resemblance with the initial 4D coasters anyway.

:D

John
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:23 am

For people unfamiliar with the intamin ball coaster, here [dead link removed] is the prototype. Its possibly the stupidest looking coaster on the planet, and I dread to think how silly the real one will look, but I digress.

Basically it is nothing like the arrow/S&S 4D, and a much more minor attraction, the other ball coaster under construction is supposed to cost about €3-4M.

EDIT: my link doesn't work. Its a picture taken from the article linked a few posts below.
Last edited by John on Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:38 am

The ball coaster is simply a coaster gimmick! They look awful to me!
I look forward to the day when a 'new generation' 4D coaster comes out... one that doesn't fall apart or bankrupt the manufacturer! :lol:

AstroDan

Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:44 am

This looks like one of those hideous S&S things, i think the Screaming Squirrell Coaster not sure if i am right though.

Complete gimmick.

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:49 am

looks like spinball hanging on the side of the track, looks totally pants IMO, do you think B&M will ever make 4d coaster, i sure hope they do as it would be well hell of an experience

Thomas

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:31 am

I'm pretty sure that B&M have a sort of policy where they only make coasters that follow the traditional formula (with a lift hill and cars that face forwards). They won't make coasters with launches so to be honest I can't see them making a 4D. I would love to be proved wrong though

phillipvass
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:07 pm

Doesn't Hulk, the ride have a launch?

Nick

Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:10 pm

Yes but B&M refused to make the launch so another company was brought in to do it

Elgouldo
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:29 am

Scroll down till you come to Intamin as a sub heading: Clicky

Doesn't look very appealing looking at these pictures, quite ugly in fact, certainly doesn't do the ride any justice, Guess we will have to wait till the final construction & Design pictures seeing as this still seems to be in the prototype phase.

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:31 pm

There were rumors of B n M making cars aspecially for fit on Intami track for a range of launched coasters.

X
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:41 pm

I hope the ride is planned soon but it should be quite quick to build! The park has had it's first profit this season so lets hope the success continues in 2007! :D

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:45 pm

There were rumors of B n M making cars aspecially for fit on Intami track for a range of launched coasters.

And in English?

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:31 pm

B&M were rumored to be making cars to fit intamin track for a range of launched coasters!

X
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:23 am

The Ball Coaster will be called INFERNO and will be located between Magnus Colossus and Flight of the Phoenix. :o Does anyone think this will be a good idea because I can't see it fitting in with that area of the park! :?:

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:06 pm

I've seen a snippet of the concept art on the new Terra Mitica brochure and suprisingly, I think that it could work. It looks to be very heavily themed as is the rest of the park. It has been given a catapult theme which fits in perfectly with the nature of the ride and the area which has a sort of Roman/wooden fort theme.

I suppose that my fear was that after years of loss, Terra Mitica would abandon their excellent themeing and just plonk down an unthemed clone. So well done Terra Mitica for actually making an attempt to tie it in with the rest of the park.

I'm also interested about the other developments at the park like their new Intamin observation Tower and how the new Intamin trains run on Magnus Colossus. I think that TM certainly had some sort of deal with Intamin this year

X
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:33 pm

Is there any chance you could scan a copy of the brochure?

Mikey
TT Member
TT Member

Question about getting to Terra Mitica

Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:38 pm

I'm looking to going to the Benidorm area this summer for a hol, and was just wondering how easy Terra Mitica is to get to by public transport?

Anyone been? If so, how did you get there?
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.