UK theme parks from another point of view!

ukool
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:55 pm

we stayed at Cheyenne and its really good

lee 2
TT Member
TT Member

Disneyland Paris

Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:40 pm

hi, im going to Disneyland Paris a week today for a few days and just wondered if anyone on here has been and got any tips for me, and what are the best rides to go on, what rides to get fastpass for etc

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:22 pm

Get up early and go to the park for when it opens, you'll beat the crowds.
Go on Big Thunder Mountain, It's great and is enjoyable for everyone.
Use Fastpass for any ride that you can, it's a really good system

AstroDan

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:19 pm

I am off in June to DLP, it'll be a Saturday so I am expecting it to be moderately busy - although it is before the French holiday period.

What sort of lengths do queue's get to on the three main coasters at DLP?

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:30 pm

Well I can tell you this much. Whatever it says above the queueline will be wrong. Indiana Jones was almost walk on when I went, Space Mountain was about 40 and BTM about 1 hour 30 or more

rctom
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:03 pm

WARNING: do not sit at the front of big thinder mountain. You get a rubbish ride and ur legs go numb from the violent vibrations of the chain lift. try and get fast passes for most rides. they dont cost anything. Well they might do now.

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:09 pm

The great thing about Disneyland Paris, is that you can hold as many fastpasses as you like on multiple rides! Take advantage of that.

Make sure you ride:

Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Phantom Manor, Indiana, Rock n roller coaster, Armegeddon, Stunt Show, Star Tours, Hunny I Shrunk the Audience. I've probably missed a few but they are the best!

If you go to the Village eat in: Annettes Diner (fab!),Cafe Mickeys (lots of characters), Rainforest Cafe (amazing animatronics and effects).

Where abouts are you staying?

rctom
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:18 pm

Do we know if this ride is going to be the same as the american ones or will it be different? and to solve the launguage problem they should have english french and german lifts. because by looking around the ride seems to have more then one lift which i diddnt know. Learn something new everyday.

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:53 pm

It'll probably be like Phantom Manor, English and French one after the other.

lee 2
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:56 pm

thanks for all the advice guys, im staying in santa fe

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:00 pm

Great!
Make sure you book the 'Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast (GMF breaky).' This allows you in the park 1 hour early for breakfast in a restaurant in Fantasyland plus 30mins extra to ride Peter Pan, Dumbo ect. This is free and the breakfast is much nicer than the standard 2star Santa Fe breakky.

Oh, look out for the space ship and stuff at the santa fe.

Have fun!

lee 2
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:14 pm

that sounds great thanks matt, i will have to remember to get up early :roll:

Anonymous

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:41 pm

The tower for the ride seems almost complete structurally is complete, a few concrete moulds at the top well as of 25th march anyway, however this was my first visit to disney paris - it is a bit of a let down

FadedFantasy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:57 pm

Rockin Rollercoaster is by far the best ride there. You get great music in your ear and it is nearly as fast as Rita, but with more spins and loops.

Def try out Cafe Mickey, we met more characters there in 5 mins then we did in the park. Plus you dont have a massive crowd around the character because they come to you.

The Indy ride is quite boring, and painful. Kept bumping into the sides. Jerky movements and such.

Space Mountain was kinda cool. With the planets, stars and lightshow. Pirates of the Caribbean ride is quite good. Its not a fast ride but it goes through the story and you get caught up in some of the action.

Moley

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:13 pm

I was very disappointed about DLP maybe going there AFTER Florida didnt help.

rctom
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:59 pm

does anyone know a good website were u can get updated photos of this ride.
Last edited by rctom on Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lee 2
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:17 pm

Thanks everyone, i cant wait now, only 3 days to go :D

AstroDan

Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:51 pm

Well I heard BTM in Paris is the best in all the Disney Parks. I won't be going to the Studios. We are going to do one day at DLP and one day at Asterix instead of the Studios which, lets face it, doesn't have much other than Rock and Roll. Apparantly Asterix is an excellent park - someone that my friend knew used to work at DLP and said they preferred Asterix. Apparantly Trace du Hourrah is the best Bobsleigh ever built and Tonerre de Zeus is meant to be good as is their Menhir Log Flume.

ukool
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:09 pm

i wanna go in june, but its way to expensive. does anyone know any cheap tour oporaters that go by coach

lee 2
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:49 pm

hi, im now back after a short break to disneyland and i loved every minute of it and really is totally differant to any uk theme park i have been to. monday was really quiet but tuesday was really really busy but still managed to get on loads of rides. my best rides have to be btm, sm:m2 and rnr and of course the new laser blast wich is fantastic but keeps stopping and yestoday it was having technical problems but it was still great, especially when it breaks down and all the cars stop but you can still keep shooting the tragets lol. :D