UK theme parks from another point of view!

ashayling
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:44 pm

I did 6 and used a fastpass every time.

doom+sons1988
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:00 pm

I've never actually stayed at any of DLP's hotel but I always wanted to. Every time we've gone DLP it's always been part of a city break in Paris so we're never based in the park grounds, you can do every thing really on a long day but it depends on the crowd.

I haven't yet gone to Walt Disney Studios mainly because they're nothing really there than Rock and Roll Coaster and Space Mountain:Mission 2 is the same ride.
I'm waiting for 2008 until I go DLP again so I have reason to go into WDS, Tower of Terror !!

I hope TOT is like Phantom Manor and adds a unique twist on a popular disney attraction. I can't see the Hollywood Golden Age theme working with Eurpeoan audiences.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"

Ketchup
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:30 pm

"doom+sons1988" wrote:
I haven't yet gone to Walt Disney Studios mainly because they're nothing really there than Rock and Roll Coaster and Space Mountain:Mission 2 is the same ride.

No it isn't the same ride.

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:34 pm

^ He's right!

Mission: Space is an intense space simulator and Rock n' Roller Coaster is a high speed launched coaster.

Oh and there isn't a Mission: Space at Disneyland Paris
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:37 pm

Its Space Mountain :)
I was looking at staying at this hotel next year instead of Alton Towers for once.

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:40 pm

^ Matt_, space mountain is yet another diffrent ride to Mission: Space and Rock n' Roller Coaster

doom+sons1988
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:05 am

Space Mountain:Mission 2-Launched Vekoma Coaster
Rock n Roller Coaster - Launched Vekoma Coaster

Of course their not identical but they offer the same type of thrill.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"

Ketchup
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:35 pm

They really don't.
If you haven't ridden both of them you wouldn't know, but there totally different ride experiances. Space Mountain is more about the theme and Rockin' Roller Coaster is more about the ride. Also the fact that RnR is a magnetic launch makes it completely different.

Alex.
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:54 pm

Ive stayed at the Cheyenne once, its a nice cheap hotel. The only problem i had with it was that evening meals were a shambles, with kids running around everywere. The rooms are nice and simple.
But if your not on a budget i reccomend the Explorers hotel.

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:39 pm

He's right!

Mission: Space is an intense space simulator and Rock n' Roller Coaster is a high speed launched coaster.

Oh and there isn't a Mission: Space at Disneyland Paris

^ Matt_, space mountain is yet another diffrent ride to Mission: Space and Rock n' Roller Coaster

This Year Space Mountain recieved a revamp to become Space Mountain: Mission 2.

I can see where he's coming from. Space Mountain: Mission 2 and Rock n' Rollercoaster are both vekoma launched coasters that are enclosed and feature inversions

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:18 pm

This Year Space Mountain recieved a revamp to become Space Mountain: Mission 2.

I know! And this isnt a topic about Mission: Space, Rock n' Roller Coaster or Space Mountain. Please stay on topic.

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

The Tower of Terror - Disneyland Paris/Tokyo DisneySea

Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:33 pm

The Tower of Terror
Construction has already started and this ride will open in 2008. (maybe 2007 halloween (unconfirmed))

Here are some construction pics:
(click to enlarge)

Ill keep you updated...
Last edited by Adam on Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doom+sons1988
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:40 pm

I've gone by Walt Disney Studios so many times but never been in but I'm planning to go when TOT is open. I;ve only been on the Calfornia Adventure's version but I've heard that was the worst of the two. I can't really compare, I've got a video of the Florida version and it doesen't look too different, just variants here and there.

I've only been Disneyland once but I did notice the attractions weren't as good as the DLP's versions. Space Mountain, Phantom Manor, POTC were all constantly better at DLP. I hope TOT is a beater of the current two american TOTs. Also it would be great If the ride had a intresting twist that none of the other rides have.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"

riderita
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:52 pm

i dont understand disney. Putting in the same rides in different parks.

it is a good ride though with EXCELLE|NT theming.

very good

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:17 pm

There is quite alot of diffrence between the WDW ToT and DLR's one. One diffrence is the DLR one dosent move forward through the 5th Dimention scene. And the WDW one dosen't have the "Wave good bye *looking at a mirror of everyone in the lift* to the real world" *mirror image distorts and everyone in the mirror dissapeares.

I have heard the DLP one might be a clone of the DLR ToT, but this isnt confirmed. Also apparently this version might not continue the "Twighlight Zone" theme, again this is not confirmed.

Anonymous

Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:35 pm

How come the time difference between the construction beginning and the actual opening is so long?

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:37 pm

Because its more than simply a drop tower, theres the whole building around it, all the theming and just the huge scale of the project in general.

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:47 pm

^ Thats right. ALOT of work to do. Theming is everything when it comes to Disney. The slightest detail is though of. I think that is why im so obsessed with Disney parks! :P

Anonymous

Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:48 pm

The building is going to take a long time to build and like adz said its not a simple drop tower like detonator, cliffhanger or apocalypse.

I hope disney arent going to make it the worst of the TOT's as i probably wont go to america and ride the best version.

Disney's theming is usually top notch and i hope it will add to the rides in paris as they havent really had a new, new ride since the studios park. Unless ive missed something :-s:-?

:sus:

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:52 pm

I did read somewhere that this ToT was going to cost almost double what the original in WDW cost ($180 million i read somewhere) so im exspecting it to be good! Shame its gonna be in french though.