UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:50 pm

"Diddi""][quote=""Phil" wrote:
i really do think that nemesis has finally met her match!

Well there's one 'problem': Nemesis is all made of natural rocks etc, and the mamba is made of fake rocks (if you can call it a 'problem')[/quote]

I don't think that'll affect the ride experience much. The only thing I think could tip the scales in Nemesis' direction is Mamba's 'traditional' B&M Inverter layout (lift hill, big first drop, loop, inline, then various other elements) - as in Batman and Nemesis Inferno. One of Nemesis' weapons is the almost constant accelleration - cause by the lack of large first drop and the mixed up order of the rest of the elements.

Proof will be in the riding of course, and I'll be heading over as soon as I can - she certainly looks awesome!

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:05 pm

This is without a doubt one of the best B&M Invertors to be built, and the theme, landscaping is going to be outstanding, however like previously said it's not quite got Nemesis's intensity. Mamba looks relatively slow in comparrison in certain parts of the ride, where as Nemesis is constant acceleration untill at least the vertical loop, even there it doesn't slow by much.

But then as also said, this could be completly different from a riders point of view.

Diddi
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:01 pm

by the way, there is a discussion going on about a waterfall at the location of the immelman ;)
Image <---->Image

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:10 pm

"marky.com"&quot;][quote=&quot;"Diddi"&quot;][quote=&quot;"Phil" wrote:
i really do think that nemesis has finally met her match!

Well there's one 'problem': Nemesis is all made of natural rocks etc, and the mamba is made of fake rocks (if you can call it a 'problem')[/quote]

I don't think that'll affect the ride experience much. The only thing I think could tip the scales in Nemesis' direction is Mamba's 'traditional' B&M Inverter layout (lift hill, big first drop, loop, inline, then various other elements) - as in Batman and Nemesis Inferno. One of Nemesis' weapons is the almost constant accelleration - cause by the lack of large first drop and the mixed up order of the rest of the elements.

Proof will be in the riding of course, and I'll be heading over as soon as I can - she certainly looks awesome![/quote]

Yep, i agree, don't think it would cause too many problems! Basicly they are both objects which you will travel very close to at very high speeds, so it should offer the same ride experience.

Maybe mamba does have a pretty standard layout, but with the underground sections, theming and that special 'inversion', i'm sure it will offer a greater experience than your typical B:TR clone. But yes, it's going to be interesting to see if a buried, custom inverter is better than a buried, standard inverter!

And a waterfall sounds good! :D

rctom
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:12 pm

OMG would you look at this building :shock: . I diddnt think they were this good at theming. http://www.onride.de/viewtopic.php?t=21 ... art=480&-1
Last edited by rctom on Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:26 pm

Phantasialand are one of the best at themeing so I don't know where you heard that.
It's looking great though

Williscroft

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:21 pm

Yup they are amazing when it comes to themeing, i visited the park in 2003 i think it was and i was amazied at their standards of themeing. Knowing how good they are at it im especting this coaster to be bloody fantastic :D

Diddi
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:15 pm

just to keep you informed ;)

latest pics of april the 7th
Image <---->Image

Williscroft

Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:10 pm

Looks like alot of themeing is going into this attraction, it looks no were near complete though. Whats all this brick work and buildings that have sudenly gone up :?: are they just themeing or things like shops and food places :?: Might be there this summer and ifnot defornatly next year :D

Diddi
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:00 pm

though i don't know exactly, i think they won't be built for themeing reasons only.
Image <---->Image

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:12 pm

It looks like an incredible ride! I wish Alton would put this much effort into theming. They have a great looking ride there, i hope i can find a way to ride it. I mean the park isnt as big as Alton and can still put the time,effort and detail in!

Diddi
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:06 pm

latest pics:
http://www.achterbahn.org/index.php?pag ... =263190498

things are coming along pretty fast now, just have a look at the number of workers on the buildingsite :)

i hope it opens before august so i can ride it before my exchange year begins.
Image <---->Image

AstroDan

Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:14 pm

I too wish Alton would put this much effort into theming. Parks such as Europa and Phantasialand do appear to be ahead of the pack though.

I mean, it's not just Mamba we are talking about here.

Poseidon @ EP: http://www.rcdb.com/ig1891.htm?picture=17
Winjas @PL: http://www.rcdb.com/ig1235.htm?picture=23
Atlantica @ EP: http://www.rcdb.com/ig2928.htm?picture=15
Euro Mir @ EP: http://www.rcdb.com/ig972.htm?picture=14

Black Mamba looks to continue this trend of wonderful German theming. With the expense they look to be going to, it will add an extra dimension to what looks to be a great inverted coaster.

Alton and Tussauds, take note.

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:33 am

I wish that they had given that building a bit more of an orangy colour with a bit of texture but never mind, it's looking great! Is it just me or that they've used a bit of forced perspective to make that building look higher than it actually is?

Diddi
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon May 08, 2006 11:00 pm

errr yeah sorry people for no update in the last few days/weeks but i've been quite busy planning on my exchange year and stuff :/

the most important thing first:

black mamba will open may 24th!

latest pics can be seen here: http://www.onride.de/viewtopic.php?p=257799&4846#257799
(scroll down for some high quality pics!)

have fun :)
Image <---->Image

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 08, 2006 11:08 pm

This is looking nothing short of amazing. Also, nice to see that the wheel covers are going on

John
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 08, 2006 11:11 pm

Words cannot convey how jealous I am of that ride. It looks absolutely stunning, possibly the best looking inverter ever. Only time will tell how good the ride itself is, but if it doesn't suffer from recent B&M forcelessness it will beat nemesis hands down.

Williscroft

Tue May 09, 2006 5:53 pm

Ive been following the construction of this from the start and all i can say is now its looking bloody fantastic. The amount of theming that has gone into the ride has not been a let down from the other attractions on park at all. The waterfall will look great when finished and hopefuly i should be riding this beast next summer, cant make it this summer anymore :(

Cant wait to see it all finished off now and its not to far away :D

Anonymous

Fri May 12, 2006 2:38 pm

This picture is stunning!

http://coaster-facts.de/bilder/Phantasi ... /bm/07.JPG

Don't think it will take the Nemesis crown though?! All new B&M's are designed to be less intense and they should of built it in a big hole! :P

Diddi
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun May 14, 2006 7:25 pm

i hope you are familiar with rapidshare, because here's a new Black Mamba-testing video :)

http://rapidshare.de/files/20428818/BM_ ... t.mpg.html

can't wait for may 24 :D
Image <---->Image