UK theme parks from another point of view!

Williscroft

Sun May 14, 2006 8:14 pm

Dam is there any other way you can get that video to us? i realy want to see how it looks now shooting past the theming as since the last video alot has changed. :)

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 14, 2006 8:24 pm

i dont know how to use that rapidshare thing whenever i try to get it, it always comes up with an error or something like that. :(

AstroDan

Sun May 14, 2006 9:02 pm

I managed to see the video.

Looks epic! I love the main theme they have going there - the coaster looks stunning.

The only thing I dislike (and i am being picky) is the main lift hill building. It's better than what Alton would have come up with, but i don't think it looks very realistic. It looks like a load of plaster and is too bare. Don't rate the colour either. Still, that's being fussy!

But the ride itself, as I said. Epic! Most of it is now sub-terrain!
Last edited by AstroDan on Sun May 14, 2006 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diddi
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun May 14, 2006 9:13 pm

let me explain how to use rapidshare :)

1. click the link (heh.)
2. click "free" on the bottom right corner
3. You should see a text like this: "Download-Ticket reserved. Please wait 35 seconds."
4. After the countdown has timed out you have to enter a code
5. Now your download should start :)

hope i was able to help you!

*edit*
latest pics:
http://freizeitparkweb.de/cgi-bin/dcf/d ... &viewmode=

:shock:
Image <---->Image

Steighvo
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 14, 2006 11:42 pm

Anybody else getting this message

Download-session invalid.

When they try to view the video? Could someone perhaps get it onto youtube or something please?
Steighvo
Touch my beans... said the man!

Diddi
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri May 19, 2006 10:14 am

Aerial pictures:
http://www.onride.de/viewtopic.php?p=263358&4846#263358

still looks a bit bald at some places, but i hope/think that this will change later :)

also available in much better resolution (3,8mb)
http://www.digital-experiment.de/OffTop ... kmamba.zip

only five days left until I/we can ride it :D
Image <---->Image

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 19, 2006 12:07 pm

Looks like an incredible coaster! Its like Nemesis though! Just shows what a great coaster we have at Alton, however we cant survive on a legend of a coaster thats 12 years old!

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 19, 2006 11:26 pm

On those aerial photos it looks a lot bigger than i fought it was, it also seem very low to the ground all way round the ride and the path through the loop looks amazing.
:D

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 19, 2006 11:53 pm

The only thing is that it looks very "fake" if you know what I mean, unlike our nemesis.

AstroDan

Sat May 20, 2006 1:23 am

Yes, i thought so too until I saw what it is meant to resemble, and it looks spot on. It just so happens that the whole original building is naturally 'bland and fake' looking, lol!

Nemesis is always going to look more with the surroundings as the landscape was changed, wheras Mamba's themingwas built around the ride, Nemesis was buillt around the landscape.

Diddi
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat May 20, 2006 11:09 am

that is exactly what i tried to say with THIS posting some time ago :)

anyway. four days left! :mrgreen:
Image <---->Image

Williscroft

Tue May 23, 2006 6:12 pm

Well it opens tomorrow and personaly i think it looks bloody amaizing. They realy have themed this attraction extremely well just like all their other attractions. Theres some pictures in another topic of people actualy riding it now, must be a press day.

Anyway im not shure but i think there must be a pop group in germany called Se-Side as a song has been produced by them for Deep in africa and Black Mamba, sounds catchy lol and they have performed it today and are performing it again tomorow at the opening. Take a listen http://www.deepinafrica.de/content.php?siteid=10477 :D

AstroDan

Tue May 23, 2006 6:24 pm

Well, I must confess: Black Mamba is probably the most visually (from pictures at least) impressive coaster on the continent. The highest commendation I can give it is that it looks even better than my personal favourite, Poseidon, at Europa Park. It is stunning. It looks like they've spent masses on it, and it exudes quality.

I wish Alton Towers would take note of this. And frankly, Thorpe Park too.

We used to have days like this. When new rides opened to a frenzy of media and public excitement.

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 23, 2006 6:45 pm

I think from the pictures i have seen in some places it looks bare and unfinished but maybe when the trees and plants start to grow it will look better.
:D

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 23, 2006 6:46 pm

There's just one problem with it for me. There's no foliage! The whole thing would look so much better if they put in some massive palm trees or ferns. It would just give it thsat extra edge. Mind you, still a few days left.

Does anyone know if there will be a waterfall under the Junior Immelhan?

Diddi
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue May 23, 2006 8:59 pm

alright, today was the pre-opening event of Black Mamba that only a couple of people had the opportunity to attend!

be sure to have a look at the first pictures!
Pictures #1
Pictures #2
Pictures #3
Pictures #4
Pictures #5
Pictures #6

i'll be there tomorrow when Black Mamba officially opens to the public! :)
Image <---->Image

AstroDan

Wed May 24, 2006 12:47 pm

I am so jealous I don't know what to say! It looks like the thought, planning and effort is second-to-none. Granted it cost £16million, but that's what it takes these days to get something like that! The station, the quality.

Damn Tussauds for giving us ill-themed piffle! They may give us World first Flying coasters and Europe's first launched coasters - but why not spend some more cash making them look good? Dammit! For me: It is literally a case of theming letting down Alton Towers' latest 3 coasters. GRR!

Depression sets in ;-) - Why can't Tussauds be like this? In Phantasialand and Europa Park we have theming perfection. Tussauds need a kick up the backside.

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 24, 2006 2:26 pm

WOW!
That must be one of the best themed attractions on the planet! Every detail is covered. Instead of Rita/Stealth type netting they have rope and wooden poles, instead of having prefab fences, there are custom walls, instead of simple building positions there is a complex and compact layout. The most wonderful thing is just how many levels this ride is on and where the queue line meanders up and down, inside and out, and right up to the ride itself. When you look back at Nemesis, and the vision of having the watching guests as close to the ride as possible - this takes that to a whole new level. The rock work is also fantastic along with the water network. It seems that they took all their inspiration from Nemesis and did anything they could to improve on it. The African theme works very well and looks truly immersive too. This is what rides should be about. It must have cost more than maybe £5million just for the theming, but that is money very well spent, and money that AT aren't prepared to spend. The trees and plants add so much to the theming too and it will only be a matter of time before some of those few empty pits look like Nemesis' first helix under the monorail.

AstroDan

Wed May 24, 2006 2:30 pm

Ride £8m
Theme £8m

That's the sort of CASH AT need to spend on their next big thing.

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 24, 2006 2:32 pm

Does anyone know what airport is near to Phantasialand ?