UK theme parks from another point of view!

Deleted
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Phantasialand: 2012

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Soft opening photos of Hotel Tartüff

Credit: airtimer.com

Deleted
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:14 pm

More news from Phantasialand today:- New for 2013 Chiapas!

From the artists impression seems to be a highly themed log flume which interacts with Talocan, Black Mamba and Colorado Adventure.

Speculation to what it actually is, isnt quite clear but rumours include a Mack Watercoaster & Intamin Aquatrax - both not confirmed.

Credit to: Lukas Metzger
Last edited by Deleted on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aveko
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:48 pm

LOTS of news from this beautiful park!

First of all, the expansion of the park: Its was a fight going on for over 10 years. A fight between politicians, NGOs, and the park management. The park has everything: hotels, great rides, awesome theming and enough equity to invest. BUT absolutely now room for further expansion. The level of competition is extremely high (EP, new investors of Movie Park, Hansa Park becoming a Theme park, Holidaypark becoming a Theme park) so the management of the park always stressed the importance of the expansion. As of today it seems that there is a final agreement between all involved parties which would ensure PHL the expansion of 19 hectare. So finally the park could find a way to increase its range of attractions. The detailed expansion plan of the park is expected to be released at the end of this year. Final contracts between the state of North Rhein Westphalia and PHL should follow within a short time.

The orange area of the map is the existing park. The pink area could be the area of expansion.
http://www.general-anzeiger-bonn.de/lokales/region/Phantasialand-stimmt-Ausgleichsvorschlag-zu-article795517.html?&i=1

But let’s go back to the existing area of the park. As mark posted before the plans for the new attraction, which will be built on the old area of the log flumes, are released!. Here are the most important facts and rumors of the german boards.
The ride type is still rumored. The rumors of the different German fan boards range from traditional log flume to an intamin Reversing Boat Ride up to an AquaTrax.
So here is the summary of the things the members of the communities explored in the model of the ride.
1.Tula Tempel will be teared down
2. Colorado Adventure will be re-themed (outside part and the part in the show building)
3. New pathways
4. Name of the ride will be "Chiapas" (federal state of Mexico)
5. The new area will be built around a gigantic mountain (which seems to be the home of a large indoor part of the ride)
6. Large drop out of the mountain followed by a bunny hop
Last edited by Aveko on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benzin
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Phantasialand: 2012 - 2013

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Looks fairly interesting... Not the BEST photos in the world of it but hopefully we'll see this develop nicely...

Aveko
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:14 pm

I think those photos are better (incl. closeups) http://onride.de/viewtopic.php?t=67687

More statements of the analysis of the model
- members who saw the model in real life counted three drops
- both the mountain of the new ride and the dark ride structure of Colorade Adventure will be accessible for the guest to walk around (in comparision with Wunderwelt der Diamanten at EP)
Last edited by Aveko on Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:44 pm

I love Phantasialand and shall be visiting in a couple of weeks - for which I shall post a full report.

lindsay.j.chant
TT Member
TT Member

Chiapas - Die Wasserbahn, Phantasialand

Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:37 pm

From what I was able to piece together from their Facebook page over the last few days, Phantasialand have now opened their new water ride. They have information in English on their website, basic summary is: It has the world's steepest drop on a log flume, three drops in total including one backwards and a ride time of 6 minutes. There are a few videos on the website, mostly centred on the steepest drop, though there is a brief clip of the other two drops.
Just a shame that I cancelled my day trip to Köln in May, actually want to go on this and, since I now won't be there until December, will have to wait a little impatiently for next year as chances are they won't put a water ride in the winter opening line up.

Link for dedicated pages on their website: http://www.phantasialand.de/en/theme-park/mexico/chiapas-die-wasserbahn

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Re: Chiapas - Die Wasserbahn, Phantasialand

Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:41 pm

This is the pov for the ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz68aruMqf0

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:41 pm

That drop looks steep!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

lindsay.j.chant
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:58 pm

Pizzazz wrote:
This is the pov for the ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz68aruMqf0

And now I've seen that, I am wavering in my decision to cancel the day trip. I will just have to make time somewhere else in the year to go before November.

daveclarkedaveclarke
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:10 pm

That drop looks very steep any confirmation on how steep it actually is? It looks a very drawn out ride though.

Jared
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:31 pm

It's the steepest drop on a log flume ride at 55 degrees. :)
Chessington Buzz - New Look Website Coming Soon...

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Phantasialand

Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:19 pm

So, Phantasialand are doing a thing :P

Original Image Source: klugheimleaks
Last edited by Dom on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated name

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Re: Phantasialand - New Coaster

Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:43 pm

Having looked for more details about this i found the following on Screamscape

Screamscape source have sent us a bit more information about Phantasialand's new Klugheim project. For starters, apparently the new coaster itself is likely to be named "Taron", as the park has filed for a new trademark to use this name and logo as seen here.
As for the coaster itself... again, the information seems to lead us to think that this is an Intamin made coaster, but with a design that may be more of a mix of Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa and Thirteen at Alton Towers. Our source says that the layout they saw had the coaster leave the station and go through a short dark-ride style indoor section before hitting a launch track and going outside and into a figure-8 style element labeled the "Panorama Curve", which is said to look a lot like the elevated figure-8 element on Cheetah Hunt. From here the train will drop into a series of S-curves before entering a building for another dark ride section that looked to include a 10-meter free-fall drop track element, much like Thirteen. Leaving here, the train appeared to load into a tilt-track style element, much like the one on Escape from Gringotts, dropping the train down and into a second launch track, into an Immelman style inversion, a series of overbanked curves, an into either a corkscrew or zero-g-roll inversion before sliding back into the station one again.
Our source also described the trains as looking quite a bit like Skyrush at Hersheypark, seating 4 across with the outer two seats hanging out over the edge of the track. The trains wont be very long however, featuring just 2 cars per train, and each car only having 2 rows, for a total of 16 riders per train.

Could be a very interesting coaster and can't wait to see more.

nemefan08
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:32 am

If all that is true then we have O have new ride on my bucket list! There is not one thing that I don't like about it and this is phantasialand so expect some amazing theming as well.

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:42 pm

This coaster looks like an intamin, could be like th13teen (i have heard rumors).

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:12 pm

Emporium wrote:
This coaster looks like an intamin, could be like th13teen (i have heard rumors).

Its said in my first post in this topic about the possible layout and features, as mentioned on Screamscape, and a thirteen style drop could be on the cards. :)

thi3teenloverboy14
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:15 pm

Question is will it be better than THI3TEEN??? I think it would be better if they drop jut after coming out the station then launching then rising back up again at a different point.

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Yes I imagine it will be much better than 13 on the basis that it's Phantasialand so the ride will be amazingly themed. Also it looks as if there will be more of a coaster portion than 13.

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Taron - Phantasialand 2016 coaster

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:21 pm

The name of the new coaster has been confirmed by Phantasialand in this video to be Taron. It also gives us an idea of what the theming may be like. The video description also states that it will be Europe's fastest multi-launch coaster. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRmx2gabrJY