UK theme parks from another point of view!

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Europa-Park 2010: New Ride & Resort Development

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:47 pm

Oh... not much being done this closed season eh? :lol:

I love the Tipidorf extension!
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

AstroDan

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:48 pm

My giddy god. I just noticed that! I think somebody (not EP) has shopped that because on the EP site, the image is correct.

:)

John
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:04 am

The version in this thread is probably an earlier version of the same image, if you look at this pic of dragon khan from RCDB:

...you can see the same trees (though they have been flipped left to right). They've obviously been lazy and just rotated the colours rather than recolour the ride. They're still present in the final image, and have been left pink.

DragonMarty
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:46 pm

The annual pass allows now a free visit of Phantasialand. And the Phantasialand annual pass for Europa too. :D

In addition, owners of Europa-Park's annual ticket can also visit the leisure parks Phantasialand (D), Efteling (NL), Liseberg (S), Port Aventura (ES) and Isla Magica (ES) once for free in 2010. Annual tickets are available in the Information Office next to the main entrance.
Greetings!

Yves

AstroDan

Re: Europa-Park: 2010 Discussion

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:54 pm

Phantasialand!? I thought Phantasialand hated Europa-Park! This is GREAT news and will definitely make me buy it in October 2010.

EDIT----

You can now view the preliminary 2010 teaser for EP here. Sticking to the same format as 2008 and 2009, it adds on a bit of promo stuff for 2010 at the start and also some new clips of Blue Fire nearer the end together with the rest of the park in classic Dein Moment fashion!

Steve K
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:18 pm

I'm thinking that this is a promotional move from PL to get more people into their park, especially with all the changes they're making.

AstroDan

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:24 pm

Whale Adventures: Splash Tours
Monorail Bahn
GazProm Adventure Hall
Construction Update 24.1.10

The station building for the new attraction is now clearly visible in the Icelandic area of the park. In addition, the new Monorail station in the area is also visible and is awaiting its roof. The GazProm Adventure Hall - from where Blue Fire will now be accessible - is also having the top floor completed. Further images of all construction is expected tomorrow, but here's what we have today:

Some of the building work looks quite considerable - large scale buildings are going to make the area very different come March 27th!

:D

Nuebelstar
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:03 pm

Its also confirmed, that there will be a suprise attraction somewhere in the middle of the park, probably at the pyramid where the monorail starts or somewhere there...

It will be contain something about the park and the history of it.

The Macks said this on the winter fanday 2009/2010.

AstroDan

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:30 pm

You can see a major update from EP on EPFans.

The buildings they are putting up for the Splash Battle and Monorail are pretty damn huge!

Michaél
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:56 pm

Well this is all looking rather good, thanks for the updates Dan. :D

I'm sure like most recent additions to Europa Park, this will be amazing and will 'out stand' in its category of ride. The concept images look really good and knowing Europa, the real thing will be pretty much bang on what we expect if not better!

As for the happenigs out side of the actual theme park make we even more hungry to go back for some more Mack whoring. :D The addition to the hotel/resort area looks fantastic although I can't imagine how they could improve on the current available facilities and hotels. Should be great. I love seeing a theme park do so well. I hope they keep up the massive amount of additions they do each year. Well done Europa Park!
:D

AstroDan

Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:38 pm

There has been a huge update today, so here goes!

Monorail (Iceland)

Whale Adventures - Splash Tours (Iceland)

GazProm Adventure Hall (Iceland)

Tipidorf

Currently, there are no photographs available for the Portugal development nor for the French restaurant development. All photo's come courtesy of the Official Europa-Park Fanclub.

The buildings are huge!

bradpeet
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:51 pm

Thanks for the update, Dan.

I've got to get there, haven't I? ;)

AstroDan

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:31 pm

2010 Park Map available in Interactive format on the EP Website.

No major changes, but the changes for 2010 are all there together with what looks like a nice water feature outside the GazProm Adventure Hall in Iceland.

amcmaster1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Wow i would love to go to Europa!

I love the way they are really investing in the park not on just big attraction but on the infrastructure as well if only Thorpe would spend some money on their infrastructure.
Wishing i was back in the Caribbean

DragonMarty
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:53 pm

The tipi village has off-season winter guests: :lol:

More images of the construction areas:
[url=http://www.chris-space.net/?incvar=bilder.php&path=news/2010/2010_02_14/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.chris-space.net/?incvar=bild ... 010_02_14/[/url]
Greetings!

Yves

Nuebelstar
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:26 am

"Nuebelstar" wrote:
Its also confirmed, that there will be a suprise attraction somewhere in the middle of the park, probably at the pyramid where the monorail starts or somewhere there...

It will be contain something about the park and the history of it.

The Macks said this on the winter fanday 2009/2010.

Some News: Now it is clear, that surprise attraction will be in the pyramid. The Freiburger Newspaper said: "The pyramid will inspire the guests with new ideas."

And the Science house, that is located next to the Europapark will probably close after this season - so this season is the last chance to visit it (for inhabitants of the annual pass: free entry ;-) )

Thats it ;-)

AstroDan

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:52 pm

That Science House always seemed pointless.

Was it always meant to be temporary?

shane790_0
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:28 pm

Some great construction Pics...thanks to those who posted them

DragonMarty
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:46 am

"AstroDan" wrote:
Was it always meant to be temporary?

It was not meant to be tempoary. The Science House is operated by an association, that has a cooperation contract with Europa-Park.

Unfortunately there where much fewer visitors than expected. In my opinion there are several reasons:
- The competition to Europa-Park is very strong. A visitor has usually a one day ticket for Europa-Park. If he wants to visit the science house too, he must buy a separate ticket, walk out of the park and looses some of the already payed park time. That's not very attractive.
- It would be much better if there where an direct entrance to the park. The Science House would seem more than a park attraction then (of course with extra entry fee). But then you get all the walk-in customers (the "wahhhhh, daddy I want to go there" customers). :D

And last but not least. The science house is not very big. There is a much better and bigger kind of such a museum not far away where I live: Technorama, Winterthur (Switzerland). There you can spent hours with more interesting experiments and there are no roller coasters in the neighborhood.
[url=http://www.technorama.ch/index.php?id=2&L=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.technorama.ch/index.php?id=2&L=1[/url]

So maybe we will get a brand new park attraction at this place in a few years. :D
Greetings!

Yves

The Crunchy Nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:04 am

After reading this thread I've been inspired to visit Europa Park in late March - can't wait! It's good to see, despite the economic situation, a park that is clearly spending substantial sums on infrastructure. And all for only a couple of quid more than what Drayton Manor now ching for a day!