Blackpool is a park that is built to be big and brash. Forget major theming - just build huge monsters that will get the public talking again. I dream of the day that Blackpool build something epic again. Something that only they could do.
Believe me Dan, you are not the only one who is thinking like this.
I really do hope one day Pleasure Beach go and do something totally unexpected, a bit like with PMBO, shock the coaster industry and announce the next 200ft+ coaster.
I dont think this country will ever boast a world record for the tallest coaster again, but one thing I do think is possible for Pleasure Beach, go for the european record.
I know alot of enthusiasts would complain, but I would love to see a 300ft or above Intamin rocket (Stealth-esque) at Pleasure Beach. Personally I think the public would love it.
Will it happen? We can only hope it does happen one day![/quote]
I personally don't think PMBO will top PMBO, I know I've slated the park so many times, but it's the first park I ever went to, and it still means a lot to me. Personally, I'd like to see something smashing the speed record. Forget height, they got PMBO to capture people's eyes, and ofcourse Ice Blast, but I'd do it like this..
1. Build a ground hogging, 150+mph rollercoaster. Manufacturer either Intamin or Premier (if they can fix the launch system on Ring Racer). Max height should be around 120ft, where it'd feature an element the same to the tall turnaround/spiral area on Ring Racer, based on the land of the Maze, or near to it.
2. Remove Ice Blast. Install a Star Flyer ride, approx the same height as Ice Blast, 48 seats (single and double seating).
3. Completely renew Valhalla. Fix all effects, maintain the whole lot of the ride and remove all lasers/non-themed effects from the ride. Re-position the ORP system.
4. PMBO. I'd completely repaint it, top to bottom, close it if needs be, just to get it like the day it opened, sparkling and brand new. I'd also, if costs can be kept optimal, re-profile the track, get it silk smooth, and also consider a new set of trains, maybe made by Permier or Chance Morgan.
5. Alice Ride Area. I know this one will cause rants, but I'd remove Alice Ride, Trauma Towers/Tagada, and the shops facing Ghost Train etc. I'd install another coaster or 2 flat rides here. Coaster in mind would be either a fairly descent capacity Eurofighter or Xcar, or an Intamin Family Coaster, using their Tire Propelled Launch system (as seen on Jet Rescue
and Mick Doohan's Motocoaster
). Flat rides, I would choose a Huss Giant Frisbee and/or Zamperla Giant DiskoCoaster (a.k.a Kobra (Chessington) and Edge (Paultons).
6. Lower entry price. Yes, £5 seems too much, well, to my parents :lol: so I'd say lower it to £2, this is what Pleasureland Southport used, and seems applicable and would be more appealing. I'd also take the main Wristband price from £30 to £27, this could be a nice positive push from PBB, to boost entries of Wristband purchasers. If needs be, increase it by year back to £30, this could happily work out.
7. Clean-up on Rides. I'd clean up the majority of the rides, mainly focusing on Goldmine, Steeplechase, River Caves, and the Woodies.
That's all I can think of, and I think they're probably my best ones yet.