UK theme parks from another point of view!

meames
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach General Discussion

Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:38 pm

65 degrees according to RCDB

coastermaster
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:22 pm

i would really love if pbb bought the sand castle an make pbb a real resort because at the moment the hotel an the park is not a resort  also the hotel could do with a touch up an certain areas of the park eg the front of the park steeple big one infusion and big dipper

MPDarby
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:23 pm

Do PBB still keep the park open later than advertised if the park's busy come the stated close time? I know they used to do this years ago but wondered if the still did it.
Thanks for riding the Runaway Minetrain, we hope you enjoyed your trip. Choo! Choo!

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:10 am

MPDarby wrote:
Do PBB still keep the park open later than advertised if the park's busy come the stated close time? I know they used to do this years ago but wondered if the still did it.

No what time the gate says is now the time its closed - very sad really used to be a ride supervisor there like 2002 - 2004 and back then used to be busy right till 11.30pm now at 8pm the lights are out and its shut up.

The now do all day dinein too at £17.50pp to be used only at BIG PIZZA KITCHEN - EMBERTON’S - COASTERS - BEACH BURGER - ALPINE KIOSK and THE PLAICE
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!

synghters
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Went to the pleasure beach last week and absolutely loved it. So far this year i have visited alton towers and drayton manor and have to say blackpool pleasure beach was the most enjoyable for rides and atmosphere.

jamesatnotts
TT Member
TT Member

Re: What could the replacement be for "Bling" at BPB?

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:51 pm

I think a ride like tango would fit perfectly  :D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8LiaeMacvYY/T ... +510-1.jpg

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Lots of suggestions floating around at the moment that the Wild Mouse could be removed.

Really, really sad news if that's true, it's a classic coaster.

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:35 pm

abigsmurf wrote:
Lots of suggestions floating around at the moment that the Wild Mouse could be removed.

Really, really sad news if that's true, it's a classic coaster.

Hi sorry to post - i used to be a ride supervisor there and still have alot of contacts ive just asked someone who is good there with info and who is high up (not as high up as the park directors but high up) and it is being talked about the mouse is going BUT as she said there is no yes as yet but it is being talked about with higher managers and the teams. HOWEVER with that said the monorail is going to go very soon due to lots of down time and costing to much to repair.

Also Talk of a new ride on the old bling site but nothing set in stone as yet.

I cant name the person sorry as its worth more than her job giving this info out but i will update you all if she says out else. 
Last edited by stu1980 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:27 pm

I can't understand why they keep closing down rides and not replacing them. Like the Trauma Towers building that quite long with room to build out. Also the Bling site,Turtle chase,Spin doctor,Swamp buggies and now the mouse.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:01 am

I think quite a lot of time the cost for maintaining and running them simply becomes too much.

A lot of these are very very old rides and I imagine breakdowns are frequent and parts in short supply (or even custom tooled).

Good to hear that the mouse going is only under consideration. I do hope if they decide it does have to go that they at least donate the ride to another park.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:44 am

I haven't a problem with them removing rides if there replaced with new rides or attractions. I will always remember going to Blackpool in the 90's and seeing nearly every space filled with a ride but that was the days before wristbands.

seanyboyuk
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Unless they plan to install a new ride there i dont see the point in removing the mouse as it has a small footprint and is a great ride. I think they would do with adding a longer queueline for busy periods as sometimes you have to fight for position!

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:35 pm

seanyboyuk wrote:
Unless they plan to install a new ride there i dont see the point in removing the mouse as it has a small footprint and is a great ride. I think they would do with adding a longer queueline for busy periods as sometimes you have to fight for position!

Also on the windy days u getting wet by the fountains spray which you can't do nothing about unless u leave the queue.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Latest news on it are that they've reconsidered and are modernising the brakes to increase capacity instead.

Great stuff.

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:10 am

13 Oct Amanda Thompson OBE ‏@MandsThompson
you shouldn't listen to gossippppp and nothing lasts forever we always have to make changes

She also talks about a new ride on TT site

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:52 am

Looking at it they could replace it with a new wild mouse ride but theme it to fit the area better.

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:48 am

I'd hate to see that, the fun of Wild Mouse is in the fact that it's old and traditional and that there's nothing else like it around. To see it go would be a massive shame, and Mandy's Tweet which has been posted on here doesn't answer any questions. Looks like I may have to pay another visit to Blackpool this year to potentially ride it one last time.  :(

On a more positive note, I recently saw Noah's Ark rocking again. First time I've seen that in ages  :D

thorpe fan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 pm

i wondering how their new atraction is coming along because it's to a traditionanol ride out the gold mine and i went this year in the summer and valhalla looked great as it had it's refurbishmant. But i do hope they get rid of the wild mouse that would be a shame to see another traditional ride go.

jackgcse
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Felt weird not to go to the Pleasure Beach this year, I love it...although it needs something else now...its going down a Merlin route, and its just not moving...It now needs something else, be it new rides or better events...there is potential there for it...it just needs a bit of exploitation...just think how good Halloween could be there for the whole month, the area is small enough to do a lot with it for very little!

b2311e

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Dara wrote:
On a more positive note, I recently saw Noah's Ark rocking again. First time I've seen that in ages  :D

That's good, but unfortunately that won't be opening again as a walkthrough. A supposed 'Heritage museum' will take it's place.
I'd rather have the walkthrough it once was ;)