UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach General Discussion

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:28 am

coat98 wrote:
The Big One was closed today due to wind. Had a good day anyway but they really need a new steel coaster, wooden ones are OK for a go or two but they need something exciting to go with Infusion.

Well many people would rate the likes of Grand National and Big Dipper ahead of Infusion. Let's not forget that BPB has the largest collection of coasters of any UK park. Their selection of wooden coasters makes it very different to other UK parks and I'd hate to see any of the 5 woodies replaced with a very generic, lifeless modern steel coaster.

NickiFan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Dara wrote:
coat98 wrote:
The Big One was closed today due to wind. Had a good day anyway but they really need a new steel coaster, wooden ones are OK for a go or two but they need something exciting to go with Infusion.

Well many people would rate the likes of Grand National and Big Dipper ahead of Infusion. Let's not forget that BPB has the largest collection of coasters of any UK park. Their selection of wooden coasters makes it very different to other UK parks and I'd hate to see any of the 5 woodies replaced with a very generic, lifeless modern steel coaster.

I'd rate Infusion higher, not by much though. The front of The Big Dipper does pack a punch, it is brilliant.

Danny

Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Infusion is the largest pile of tripe in the park. I'd rather subject myself to 24 hours of soaking on Valhalla than ride Infusion again.
Last edited by Danny on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dara
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:26 pm

So would I.... I love Valhalla  :D

Also, I don't think it's fair to say that BPB wont get another coaster due to lack of space, lack of money maybe, but they've proven time and time again that you don't need alot of space to build huge coasters. I mean if you look at PMBO's from aerial photography you'll see that its footprint is tiny, it's only the station and queue line which occupy any space at all, the rest is literally built on top of other rides.
Last edited by Dara on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamie
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:45 pm

Danny wrote:
Infusion is the largest pile of tripe in the park. I'd rather subject myself to 24 hours of soaking on Valhalla than ride Infusion again.

Infusion is very hit and miss - sometimes it's a lot rougher than others.
I do enjoy it, but much prefer the woodies, PMBO and Valhalla so don't tend to ride it much whilst I'm there.
As to 24 hours on Valhalla, that would be amazing!  :D
"ENTER VALHALLA!"

lf2001
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach All Time Greats - Which Ride Would Win?

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:10 am

I think the Big One. This is because you can see it basically all around the park and it's the parks biggest ride!

leeConway
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Grand National all the way for me. There is not another ride in the country which gives you the thill of racing another car. The track formation is just right though one side of the track is now getting quite rough. One of the highlights of this year was riding this coaster at 11.55 pm on BPB late night opening -pure darkness, pure excitement .a winner for me.

Ronnopm94
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Is Pasaje Del Terror in need of a refurb?

Classic attraction, still pulls in some decent crowds in peak times. But you can't help wonder how relevant it actually is. I remember it was synonymous with the Pleasure Beach. I remember there was something of a refurb a few years back with the addition of a new character. However isn't it time to reinvent itself, both the characters, settings and perhaps layout in order to keep it fresh and up to date. I like it, but I've been on much better scare mazes at Merlin Parks and cannot help but feel it is overpriced and underwhelming. Opinions?
Last edited by Ronnopm94 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamie
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:38 pm

The 2014 prices are now online, and they are fantastic!  They are having a price freeze, with low season wristbands from £15.99 and online bookings heavily discounted as well.
On the gate the wristband price is now £29.99 - you really can't argue with that! :D

Here are the full details: http://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/a ... h-in-2014/

A massive thumbs up from me BPB!
"ENTER VALHALLA!"

Jamie
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:04 pm

I think that the Big One would win, because it's the most popular coaster with the Public, it put BPB well and truly on the map and it's a fantastic coaster.
Personally my vote would go to Valhalla, but PMBO would be second.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"

altontowerscrazy
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:01 am

Would have to be the Big One for me. It has made BPB more popular, is clearly the biggest ride of them all, is the most popular ride in the park. So why not?

geduk
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:03 pm

I know this is an old thread but a few have posted of late so I though I would make a few comments

I was going to say what about the blackhole .. think it was called enterprise... ? but that seams to be no more (dose anyone in the uk have a dark roller-coaster these days ? )

I note a few lamenting the loss of the fun house yet if that had not accidently / on purpose burnt down then their would be  no Valhalla as that is what was built on the site of the fun house

Nice to see that The grand national is top as my granddad and great granddad were part of the construction team (well my granddad was a tea boy) my gg also worked on the big dipper

I have to say I went on the pmbo the day it opened at about 10.30pm It was v smooth and apart from the first drop its not got that much too it .. in later years it has got much more rough...

jackgrace94
TT Member
TT Member

Merlin to take over Blackpool Pleasure Beach?

Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:08 am

Basically, seeming as Blackpool attractions are being updated and over run by Merlin entertainments in the past few years how long will it be until Merlin take over pleasure beach? What improvements would you like to see, would this be a good or bad thing?
Last edited by jackgrace94 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smile. ALWAYS @[email protected]

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Re: How long do you think it will be before Merlin take over Blackpool pleasure beac

Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:56 am

I'm not sure Merlin will take over ... not for a while, at least.

Blackpool is doing fine. They've been in the game much longer than Merlin and won't go down without a fight. I personally see Merlin being bought before Blackpool Pleasure Beach is bought.

You can say whatever you like about this, but I think Merlin would ruin Blackpool
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

ThrillJunkie
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Merlin to take over Blackpool Pleasure Beach?

Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:11 pm

BPB will never get sold to Merlin. I think she would rather sell all the rides as scrap before she considers selling out.
**Think Southport Pleasureland**

Blackpool aren't doing that well anymore. They've been struggling for a few years now.
This was published in January: http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/what- ... -1-6359162
ThrillJunkieUK

lf2001
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Like ilc has said, Blackpool is fine. With the additions of the Big One and Infusion over the past few years the park has grown more popular.

If Merlin take over, they best not remove the oldest rides like the Grand National and Big Dipper!

Eirdy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:55 pm

-->NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!!<--
Blackpool would never sell!
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
http://fairfans.freeforums.org/index.php

Jamie
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:02 pm

It is very unlikely considering the history that the Thompson's have with BPB, and I would hate it if Merlin did take over as I think that we'd lose our classic wooden coasters.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:19 am

I dont see it happening, although I think Merlin could get some good rides for the park, as I dont rate The Big One highly at all, in fact its the only coaster that ive wanted to get off because im bored halfway through. Valhalla though is one of the best rides ive ever been on and the best ride there! 

djedwardsmith
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:01 pm

lf2001 wrote:
Like ilc has said, Blackpool is fine. With the additions of the Big One and Infusion over the past few years the park has grown more popular.

If Merlin take over, they best not remove the oldest rides like the Grand National and Big Dipper!

Since when was 1994 ''the past few years''?

Blackpool are in dire straights financially but they won't sell to Merlin, no chance at all.