UK theme parks from another point of view!

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Dismaland

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:53 am

So basically once I heard about this new event, I thought to myself I HAVE To Go!! So we decided to travel down to Weston Super-Mare to experience this on the first day open (to the GP). We arrived at about 6.30am and was greeted by a ginormous line, which we got in, and good job we did as it grew and grew!! Once we got in after queuing for about 6 hours we got in, and my god it was worth it... SPOILERS... When you are about to get in, you will be interigated by fake security who will ask you questions like 'what drugs are in your bag' or 'how many guns do you have'. Then once your in there are many displays that have controversial themes like Diana's crash, Horse Meat scandal or other things like a fifty shades of grey style Punch and Judy show!!

I'd recommend this to anyone and you must make sure you visit and it is defiant worth the queue!!

Discuss below...

Emma
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Dismaland

Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:13 pm

Would love to go to this, but apparently they have run out of tickets or something?

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:53 am

Emma wrote:
Would love to go to this, but apparently they have run out of tickets or something?

Basically, the way it works is that you book online (tickets are for sale for the next 10 days in advance) but those have sold out; so you have to queue... For a VERY long time... I queued a very long time. Good Luck!! P.S. The queue is worth it!! ;-)

Kleo
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:06 pm

I went on Sunday. Got to Weston for 8am and queued for over 5 hours! Luckily we were in the first 100 in the queue and got in when they let the first lot of people in. It was really worth the wait! I have only recently got into Art after years of thinking it was not for me so this is the first event I've been to. It was so worth it. I felt Dismaland made a lot of good points and it really did open my eyes. My favourite part was Death but that's all I'm saying on that :)

For those who are not local I felt the choosing of the old Tropicana fitted very well for a location of Dismaland. It has been shut since 2000 and has just been an ugly unoccupied building on the seafront.

Anyways a pic I took:

Thank You NemesisRider for my signature :)

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:53 am

I loved Death too, I also loved the overall atmosphere of the park. My top tip is, don't be afraid cause if the size of the queue!!