UK theme parks from another point of view!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Cornwalls Crealy Adventure Park

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:20 am

http://www.crealy.co.uk/Cornwall

So it seems this little family park has been bought by Alton Towers founder who plans to turn it into a premier european resort.

http://www.cornishguardian.co.uk/PICTUR ... story.html
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Coasterfellow
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Cornwalls Crealy Adventure Park

Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:05 pm

i literally live like 10 minutes away from this park and im praying for a wooden roller-coaster! for people who don't know the park you should know that its tiny with one 30 year old kiddie roller-coaster. Im wondering why on earth he has bought the park because its a crazy idea. but boy am i excited!
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)

jackcullen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:07 pm

The parks been bought to develop onto a full resort rather then the park. Hense the 200 acres next door

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:32 am

I find this park super cute!! :love: Dont know why though!!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:35 am

Here's a quote from another article;
John Broome wrote:
The theme park will be a tiny, tiny part of it. There will be no new rides, but it will be upgraded to include more covered walkways.”

So yes, this project is very much going to be resort focused and we shouldn't expect any major investment into the existing theme park.

Coasterfellow
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:14 pm

Over the past few months they have been transforming cornwall crealy into what is now known as Camel Creek adventure park! I pass the park every morning on my way to school and they have been really sprucing it up! New animals have been added to the reptile encounter, the pirate play area is now covered, deer have been added to the park and there's been lots of re-painting. This summer they are adding a 5d simulator experience which i think is going in-side the old haunted house (the original indoor play area of crealy and i will be sad to see it go).

I forgot to mention that this has been written on the website and offers an insight into the future of the park! ;)

The Camel Creek Adventure Park is already a profitable business and one of Cornwall’s leading family attractions. As part of future wider proposals, the Adventure Park will be enhanced significantly to become a nationally recognised visitor attraction. With a new look and feel for the 2016 season, designed by the world’s leading theme park designers, as well as new hi-tech attractions such as 4D simulators, dark-rides and an indoor rollercoaster, Camel Creek Adventure Park will be a highly sophisticated and unique attribute within the Camel Creek Resort. To compliment the Camel Creek Resort, we will be looking to enhance the Adventure Park to a full international standard within the next three years and to encourage additional visitors in line with its elevated status.

exciting times ahead for those of us in the south west!
Last edited by Dom on Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged Double Post

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:38 am

Wish the south west had a proper theme park with some thrilling coasters in it. This sounds great and all but far too 'resort' focused instead of 'theme park' focused for me. ;)

Coasterfellow
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:20 pm

BBC Spotlight just did an article on Camel Creek with John Broome (who was recentely at the park). They show the inside of the new 5d "theatre" as well as the new crocodile. Concept art was then shown of the future expansion of the park over the next 2 years. He said that :yikes: £20 million :yikes: is going to be invested solely on the theme park over the next two years and that work has already begun!!!

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:18 pm

10 million could get a solid family/thrill coaster and the rest for fillers and general improvements. If hey are spending on the theme park that is very good.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Coasterfellow
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:33 pm

I think the money is going towards an Indoor roller-coaster and a dark ride :)

Coasterfellow
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:46 pm

I went down to the park the other day to ride the new simulator and the whole park is looking much better. They have repainted everything, the new ride is fantastic and they are currently prepping land for future investment. I also met John Broome as I was leaving and congratulated him on what has so far, been a successful flip for this family park. Lets see what £20 mil will bring the park in 2017/18 ;)