UK theme parks from another point of view!

darrenhosker
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:30 pm

I don't know whats going on but one of my mates went to Flamingo on sunday and he said the Bullet was open and running, it was supposed to be the last weekend two weeks ago and it was closed and looked ready to be removed. Obviously not, well theyd better hurry up if they want to start the groundwork.

Darren

evil cod

Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:53 am

yeah i went today (eh well its yesterday now but you get the idea) Bullet and Magnum were both fully open but Velocity was closed all day at first it seemed it was just to finish off painting and erect a new wooden fence near the station but by the end of the day the ride was making very wierd noises with importent looking men looking worried in the station, hmm not good!

Also there is what appears to be lines spaypainted on the ground behind bullet... the start of our SLC?

georgiegirl
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:32 pm

what a shame velocity was closed when you went. i suppose you can expect rides to have a fair bit of downtime when they are new due to teething problems etc. you should have siad you had visited especially for the new ride you never know you may have got some extra tickets to come back! anyway, i digress. i hope the lines are for the new coaster although if it goes there what are they going to put in place of the magnum? the space for the woody perhaps? i knwo that would look great there. also, does anyone know how the new slc is going to be themed ie will it be incorporated into the lost kingdom theme? i cant wait to go to flamingo land again and see velocity for real

Spendleb
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:29 am

Same here, went last Monday 10th July and Velocity was closed, I was gutted! The Navigator was a good laugh though. Also the park was packed, the busiest I have seen it even on a weekend, full of scottish holidaymakers I think, forgot they had finished early for the school holidays!

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:21 pm

Does anyone know if velocity is running again yet??? Im going for my birthday on August 5th, so i want velocity to be open. Does anyone know if Magnum Force and bullet will be operating then or not??? I tried emailing flamingoland for news on what rides are operating but they never emailed back. :x

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!! \":D\"

Anonymous

Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:28 pm

i cant wait til i go to flamingo land velocity looks amazing hopefully it will be open for me in 2weeks looks great. I dont like the look of their corkscrew(cant remeber name) painted totally white looks kind of bland.

evil cod

Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:50 pm

its not totally white the supports are a kind of turqoise colour http://www.ukrides.info/col/flamingo/flcorkb.JPG
and i dont think is ever has been, here is a considerably older pic http://www.rcdb.com/ig823.htm?picture=1
And it is simply called "Corkscrew"

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:17 pm

YAY they emailed back!!! Heres what they have said

Hello and thank you for your email

We are still waiting a final closure date for the Bullet , the Magnum Force will be operating until the end of the season

Velocity has opened but is currently experiencing technical problems but should hopefully be operating when you stay

Thank you

Flamingo Land Theme Park and Zoo
Kirby Misperton
Malton
North Yorkshire
YO17 6UX
Tel 01653668287
Fax 01653668280

Im happy now that i know i should get my ride on Magnum Force before it goes. :D

spinwhizzer
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:34 pm

Magnum force is beeing replaced by somthing like 'the giraffe' ride, can't rember exactallty what a member of staff said it was called, he said it was called that, but doesn't know whst kind of ride it is. I have to say I wasn't all that impressed with velocity, I went on it on wed, it was working all day then.

ron
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:59 am

what are you saying the replacement for the magnum force is a giraffe ride surely not that is stupid
R.I.P. Benson The Sealion At Flamingo Land (1984 To 2011)
R.I.P. Mam Susan Hunter Name Can Be Seen On Tiger Plaque At Flamingo Land (1961 To 2010)
R.I.P. Nelson The Chimp At Flamingo Land (1961 T0 2010)
R.I.P. Nanna (1934 To 2009)
R.I.P. Robbie (1964 To 2009)

evil cod

Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:38 pm

why exactly is that stupid? Just because there is a thrill ride there now it doesnt mean there will always be a thrill ride there, ok they will put another thrill ride in the park to make up for its loss but it doesnt mean the thrill ride will be in the exact location.

If it is a giraffe themed ride I presume the enterence will be to the opposite side than magnums, making it part of the lost kingdom area.

Lightwater valley rules
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:41 pm

I think they should put the woodie in the lost kingdom. I think that it would fit in nicely there. Thats saying if the woodie does actually come to the park.
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october

Northern_Rider
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:10 pm

Id move Corkscrew to MF location.

Paint it brown with dark red track, give the station a wooden hut theme like on the lost river.

Then on corkscrews old location id build a wooden coaster that intertwines with Velocity making for lots of near misses etc..

evil cod

Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:40 pm

there isnt really much room on corkscrews site for a woody I think it should take up most of carnival fairs area with the addition of some new flats (afterburner or topple tower?) making it into a new themed area

ron
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:17 am

just bring back the
flamingo star & u.f.o
that would be the best idea
R.I.P. Mam Susan Hunter Name Can Be Seen On Tiger Plaque At Flamingo Land (1961 To 2010)

ron
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:20 am

because if they don't bring them back the gibbs will need to see some :help:

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:09 am

I never rode bullet, Was it good?

Lightwater valley rules
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:45 am

ron they will never bring back the u.f.o and flamingo star. There fairlground rides and there trying to get rid of that feeling in the park. I think they need more modern flat rides. Because most of there flats they have curently are good but old. They could do with a few more modener flats.
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october

spinwhizzer
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:01 pm

"PrepareForAir" wrote:
I never rode bullet, Was it good?

Yes Bullet was a pritty good ride, esp. on the front! Quite fast too!

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:35 pm

Its still operating. Well thats what the park told me when they emailed back which was like 3 days ago.

I just thought, that Giraffe ride could be a topple tower themed as a Giraffe. Like you travel up the long neck and then it tilts. Quite likethis but with a Giraffe instead of a bird. :) :lol:

YAY im off to flamingoland in 9 days for my Bday. :D