UK theme parks from another point of view!

gnomey
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:23 pm

Looks like FL is on the way up! i'm really looking forward to these new additions and they should bne great! can't wait to go on by birthday weekend hopefully (is it's open)

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:33 pm

with me :D i think if we are still going !!! it should be open because most of the parks will be open for easter as easters early this year

Lightwater valley rules
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:29 pm

yeh but dont that type of ride take a long time to build. so i dought it will be open for opening season
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october

Ron_Mc_Don
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:25 pm

It has been confirmed that the new motorbike coaster is going to go next to the corkscrew Where thunder mountain used to be. It is going to be faster and longer than the original booster bike. So should be fun.

This is a translation of a german web site using a online translator as i cannot speak german

Peter Clerx, Senior engineer with Vekoma Rides Manufacturing and mental father of the Motorbike Launch Coasters, works straight on the second distribution and lets already once into the plans look: "Obwohl the surface area with 50x60 meters for the main route part, the available, was very limited, could accommodate we a layout, which with three direction changes, up to 75° transversebent. High-speed curves and a very high average speed intensified by over 50 kilometers per hour the Motorbike concept, " Peter Clerx says. The mandatory and hydraulic drive which was used with the booster Bike in the Toverland will for the first time catapult the course with 87 km/h on those approximately 650 meters long distance. The higher firing speed - which offers booster Bike 72 km/h - in interaction with a winding layout the acceleration values around approximately 25 per cent will raise.

The Launched Coaster will open and promises 2005 in the English flamingo country in direct proximity to the Vekoma Corkscrew platzierten there its own and extremely skurrile bringing up for discussion...

http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/iaa ... main.shtml

evil cod

Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:03 pm

wow sounds good with them now adding themeing to the park does that mean we will be looking at a theme for that section of the park as that bit is a mess at the moment???

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:23 pm

would think so!! magnum and the bullet seem to be going so will they get an inversion coaster aswell?

also they need to plant alot of rtrees the par will look nicer with trees IMO

Northern_Rider
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:00 pm

There is plenty of room next to the corky so it should be a pretty big ride. I wonder if they are going to take out the billy bobs cafe?

Slightly off topic but i had a great idea for FL. They still have a number of 'fair ground' rides such as the waltzers, dodgems, twister etc.. so i was thinking that they should place them rides within the holiday village. These rides can then open to holiday guests after the park is closed so people still have rides to go on.

Would allow them to keep the rides but also free up more space within the actual park for newer rides.

Ron_Mc_Don
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:07 pm

"Northern_Rider" wrote:
Slightly off topic but i had a great idea for FL. They still have a number of 'fair ground' rides such as the waltzers, dodgems, twister etc.. so i was thinking that they should place them rides within the holiday village. These rides can then open to holiday guests after the park is closed so people still have rides to go on.

Would allow them to keep the rides but also free up more space within the actual park for newer rides.

Their is one major problem with that idea and that is staff they would have to employ alot more staff to run the rides. They struggle for staff as it is. Also having the rides in the holiday village wont bring more people to the park. Therefor it wouldn't make financial sense.

Northern_Rider
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:34 am

I know it wouldn't bring more people to the park, but for the people staying within the holiday village it would be something extra for them, like AT with the splash landings etc..

If they want to be serious about being a big hit theme park then they have to look at all areas, rides/zoo/holiday village.

When i think of ideas, i dont look at all the financial bollocks that goes with it, thats just boring.

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:34 am

you say they struggle for staff, i noticed this because when i went october through the week they had staff recruited in from pleasue island cleethorpes but it would be a good idea for more employment and more people will come .

does anyone know how much of the land flamingo land actually own round the park? its allways botherd me because there is alot of land round the place some may be farm land im not sure but anyone know?

also any inverted coasters comin flamingo lands way?? would have thougt so because magnum is goin, bullet is going (i think) so would have thougt there would have been some as in the leaflet its known as 'the white knuckle theme park of europe' or something like that anyways !!

wouldnt mind seein the safari ride but if it includes animals been re-housed when they have just sorted out the zoo would seem a bit pointless because they spend millions sorting out the zoo they waste alot of money if they rehouse them. but if they get some new animals would make alot of sense and would love to go on it :D

i saw some new animal houses been made aswell in october alolt of trucks going around the area of flamingo land but will be a good place to visit next year may get a season pass

Northern_Rider
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:44 pm

FL could afford a SLC coaster but they dont look good, B&M's are too expensive so maybe an intamin sitdown? Besides i think a wooden coaster would be much better.

Something the tussards parks haven't got!

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:15 pm

i didnt mean an inverted like nemimie etc i meant one with inversions sorry didnt make it clear but still it would be amazin if they could get something like nemmie :D

Ron_Mc_Don
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:28 pm

They will still have the good old corkscrew and the bullet for at least 1 more year. It would be good if they didn't get rid of the bullet as it is a great coaster. The speed that it changes direction is unlike any other coaster.

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:48 pm

bullet is the best ride there by a long shot i think its fast like you say and tis amazin !!!

BPB = Boring Pricey Bog

Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:12 pm

Just to get som peoples opinions opinions about what I think is a poor excuse for a Theme Park. I, for 1, hate the place...

It's far too expensive,
Most of it's rides are falling apart,
It's no different than a travelling fair,
The Big One turned out to be the Big Boring Ugly One...

Ron_Mc_Don
TT Member
TT Member

Re: BPB = Boring Pricey Bog

Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:21 pm

"Mad 4 Alton" wrote:
Just to get som peoples opinions opinions about what I think is a poor excuse for a Theme Park. I, for 1, hate the place...

It's far too expensive,
Most of it's rides are falling apart,
It's no different than a travelling fair,
The Big One turned out to be the Big Boring Ugly One...

Can i just point out to you that BPB isn't a theme park. Its a amusement park therefor it will not be like alton towers.

As regards the cost i don't think that it is to bad as they have a lot of rides for you to choose from.
The big one is a ok ride not the best but not rubbish. Now how is it ugly ?
BPB has some of the best rides in the uk the woodys are fantastic as is the wild mouse valhalla can have its off days but when it is running properly I have to rate it as good as nemesis.

Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:26 pm

As good as Nemesis????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm thats rite and I'm the priminister. You go back to bed now...

Ron_Mc_Don
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:27 pm

Yep as i said when everything is working it is as good as nemesis.

dstone_uk
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:46 pm

better than spending the day @ home but a rediclus ripoff crap park

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Anonymous

Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:00 pm

Personally i prefer Blackpool Pleasure Beach to Alton Towers. Although the pleasure beach doesn't have any themeing (up to valhalla, around that little segment it is slightly themed).

The reasons why i think the pleasure beach is better than the towers is: -

1. The park is a fraction of the size than Alton Towers, so you can keep on going back from one end to the other of the park without feeling like your doing a mountain hike.

2. Yes Blackpool Pleasure Beach does cost more than Alton Towers, but the pleasure beach has got loads more rides and you get to see the shows. We saw mystique in the half term and thought it was great. It was more of a proper show (2 hours +) compared to Alton's 30 minute.

3. Blackpool Pleasure Beach stays open much longer than Alton Towers.

4. Your not just confined to the pleasure beach, if you wanted to you could go up in the town of Blackpool. If you wanted to do that at Alton Towers, Uttoxeter would be the closest town.

5. There are more coasters at the pleasure beach and i love them all. The Big One is a good ride, although hardly any airtime. The Wild Mouse just looks so innocent. The Revolution, Grand National Big Dipper etc, are fun and unique.

6. The pleasure beach has that unique british tacky charm which i love, it makes it seem more british in my opinion than alton towers.

This isn't meant to sound like i was having a go, i was merely presenting my case of why i though BPB was better than AT