UK theme parks from another point of view!

SEALIFE
TT Member
TT Member

Would You Join A New Drayton Manor Forum If Made?

Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:03 pm

Hello there, just wondering how many of you would join if a Drayton Manor Forum (As wel as posting) Was Made And What Would Be Your Views

Also Im Looking For Mods If & WHen its Made.
Last edited by SEALIFE on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiamSAFC

Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:34 pm

DMP doesn't really interest me.

Flamingo Land is where its at...and I haven't even posted on Talk Flamingo :P

:D Only the Towers for my needs.

LukeJ
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:03 pm

I would, even though Drayton Manor isnt the biggest or greatest park, i still love the place, my first ever theme park when i was like 3 :D
and i still go quite regularly

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:03 pm

If it was a decent website aswell then YES i would.

No affence but apart from DraytonManor Plus out of the DM websites i have come across there pretty boring, un-intresting blah blah e.g.

The AltonTowers ones are so much better especially this one and almanac.

I really wont to join a DM fan website but non of them seem worthwhile i joined one then it shut sillybilly :) .

x
Carling cup winners 2011 Birmingham City fc \":)\"

SEALIFE
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:28 pm

Well I was thinking of more of the lines of a forum To discuss the park itself and share pictures on there.

Sanbrooke Productions
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:42 pm

Drayton Manor isen't really my cup of tea but if it was a proper site and interesting i'd probly join. :)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o\" target=\"_blank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o[/url]

Ryan Kingdaka
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:00 am

No, not really. I am a member of DMP and I hardly ever visit it, and tbh this topic reminded me that I even have an account on there :P

I am also a member of Talk Flamingo, and many people have tried and failed at rivaling the site, as tbh Flamingo Land isn't exactly well known, and neither is Drayton.

Just not enough people interested in the park, therefore two forums on the same place aren't going to work...

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:04 pm

Hey does anyone know whats going on with Stormforce i have noticed on the website its been down for a while, does anyone know what the problem is :?: .

I hope it gets sorted out soon :cry: .

x

Bulman
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:55 pm

when i use to go it was always closed ... always had problems we only went on it once .... it took ages to queue and it it just opening in the afternoon. i just don't think it's that reliable

G-Force
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:05 pm

the big slides were removed about 2001 and one i think and it was due to just generally bad quality of the slides, starting to get rusty and really was rarely open and when it was open just wasnt that popular.

Stormforce 10 always have problems with low water levels in the summer causing the boats to scrape along the bottom, run at half capacity and get stuck after the backwards drop before going into the the reverse turntable
R U Ready TO Experiance The Force Of The G

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:51 pm

Yeah i no all that lol... i have been there when its got stuck and the geezas at the top pull the boats over the edge and it has also broken down when i have been there.

Im just wondering what the problem is atm because its seems to have been down for a while now :cry: .

Thanx anyway guys x

G-Force
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:14 pm

they are probably trying to install a better pump intime for the school holiday rush to increase the water flow and capacity around the channels.

Patrick
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:42 pm

I was at Drayton yesterday, And Stormforce was just sitting there with some boats on the lift hills with no water. So I have no idea why it was closed, I didn't see any maintenance staff neither.

Also, In Thomas Land if you are a teenager you cannot go into Thomas Land anymore if you aren't with an adult over 18. It's the same for Excalibur, The op told us that we couldn't ride without a Teacher. I think it's really stupid.

G-Force
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:25 pm

That only applies to school trips because the kids normally mess about, and just generally misbehave so drayton have to step up their health and safety and also keep them out from the kids areas to stop ruining the day for the families bringing their kids to enjoy thomas land.

They are probably waiting for the arrival of new parts to install on to the ride.

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:17 am

That scared me when you first said about thomasland lol.

I hope it is only school trips there not allowing in without adults cause otherwise i would be really enoyed.

All i wont to do is see thomas :) .

x

going-up
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:26 pm

I hope thats only for school trips. It just seems supitd, that teens can't go into Tomas land. I can't see any reason why their should do so. (Unless a group of chavs come in)

altontowers1
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:41 pm

According to the DM website Stormforce is back up and running and the only ride down as of today is the DraytonQueen nothink new there then. :wink:

Also can anyone tell me do Drayton Manor do fasttrack i dont think they do theres nothink on the website, but does anyone now for definate :?:
x
Last edited by altontowers1 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bulman
TT Member
TT Member

Drayton Manor old Ride

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:31 pm

Well it was less then 10 years ago but Drayton Manor had a Mine Ride witch had two loops ..... i was wondering if any one knew the name ? i think it was where G-force is now.

so if any one had any pics or the name would be thanked :)
Was the first "proper" roller coaster i went on.

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:35 pm

Klondike Gold Mine, Its now at Hayling Island Funland in Hampshire and its still going strong..

I posted some pics in this topic

http://towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=21236

^^ Chris ^^
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

Ollie
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:35 pm

There was Klondike, but it only had 1 Loop I think :?

It was themed as a Western Gold Mine, and pictures can be found here on RCDB:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig815.htm

There is alot of discussion about it atm, in the 'Worlds Smallest Loop' Topic located in the 'All other Parks and Attractions' Section.

:D

Edit: I was beaten to it by Chris... :P
Last edited by Ollie on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.