UK theme parks from another point of view!

gosling
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Drayton Manor Park 2011: Hotel, Thomas Land Ride & Coaster!

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:40 am

I've been keeping an open mind about DM and the hotel, and I've been mulling over things.

Every year we go to Scarefest and crash at the AT hotel and it costs a fortune and blah blah. You know the story. They bend us right over.

I've just been mooching on the DM site, and checking out the hotel and the park events. This year - instead of the usual, we are going to give the scares a miss and go for a "presidential" suite at the DM hotel, on the fireworks weekend. With a day on the park, breakfast and a 3 course meal in the evening, it still works out at around £220 for both of us. That's a damn fine price tbh and, granted, it isn't quite the same as AT and there is no 'halloween' event... but last year the fireworks were just lovely and these sorts of trips are all about the company you keep anyway.

Quite frankly I'm really looking forward to it, I'm not even bothered about missing Scarefest of the AT fireworks.
~ Good try but not this time ~

G-Force
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Pics of the blue mountain engines ride in thomas land - the ride is almost complete just the platform to be finished.

The black revolver site now fully cleared and ready for the dive show opening in a few weeks time.

More themeing has been added to both the outside and inside of ben10- and the queue line now features giant fans for the warmer days.

the hotel is nearly 100% complete now - the only exterior bit left is the canapy at the entrance.

Pics copyright [url=http://www.draytonmanorplus.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.draytonmanorplus.co.uk[/url]
R U Ready TO Experiance The Force Of The G

Maelstrom
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:36 pm

The pick of the black revolver site shows it is a decent sized area and if they still plan a thrill ride for that area in 2012 they could fit a decent flat on that area. G-force have you heard any more rumours about the 2012 plans?

I think the park should also consider some kind of full Halloween event for oct half term in the future, as i would imagine would be very popular. They could have a kids friendly event in thomas land and then a couple of horror mazes around the park. They could even temp convert some of their rides into Halloween themed versions such as on golden nuggets turning off the blasters, turning the lights down so it's dark and adding some live actors.

G-Force
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:30 pm

they are still looking at the black revolver site but are hopeing for a thrill ride to be in place for next year. as far as i know the dive show is there till mid september then the ground shall be cleared for next years attraction.

And i think they are still hopeing to do something to the haunting - weather or not they have managed to get scooby doo i dont know - but will try and find out.

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Unsure whether this has been posted already, but somebody has uploaded Ben 10's TV advert to YouTube. :)

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl-iwKlMOdk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl-iwKlMOdk[/url]

cheeky_becky
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:31 pm

I already mentioned in my previous post about Ben 10 finally in Drayton Manor's TV advert :)

www.facebook.com/cheekybecky1

cheeky_becky
TT Member
TT Member

Drayton Manor's logo

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:57 pm

I do like the park's new logo, it looks great and shiny etc, but I think they should've kept the 'Family Theme Park' instead of removing the "family" from it. They could just leave it there when they changed the logo.

This is the old logo:

Personally, I just don't think 'Drayton Manor Theme Park' sounds right.

'Drayton Manor Family Theme Park' sounds a lot better. And because it IS a family theme park anyway.

That's just my opinion. But I hope I'm not the only one who think this!

Your opinions and thoughts? :)

James6
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Drayton Manor's logo

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:02 pm

I think most people will go there knowing that it's a park for families and therefore having "family" in the title makes it more of a mouthful and sounds a bit cluttered.

I agree it looks a lot better now though, although I still don't think it's particularly great.
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P

cheeky_becky
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Drayton Manor's logo

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Ok I kinda see your point and yeah I like the new logo better but I still think it sound/look better with "family" in it.

:)

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Just thought it might be worth mentioning on here. Drayton Manor now have a licence to host wedding ceremonies.

From the This is Tamworth website:

DRAYTON Manor Theme Park has been granted a licence to get loved-up couples on the rollercoaster ride of marriage.

Bride and grooms-to-be looking for a quirky alternative to traditional wedding venues can now exchange vows at the park, which is able to hold civil ceremonies.

"For decades, Drayton Manor has been a popular venue for wedding parties and celebrations," explained Jo Arrowsmith, hospitality manager for the park.

"But the combination of having a wedding licence, hotel, hospitality suites, as well as on-site catering, will make Drayton Manor the ideal venue for any couple looking to tie the knot.

"Drayton Manor's hospitality team works to ensure that every part of a couple's day goes smoothly and will assist in the planning of all aspects of the occasion.

"The park also provides a fantastic setting for wedding pictures, whether it's against a stunning woodland backdrop, or on the carousel."

Wedding ceremonies will take place in the park's Tower and Hamilton suites, each of which can accommodate hundreds of guests.

These suites also have their own receptions, bars, parking areas and dance floors.

Couples could also choose to get married in the Tower Lounge and Victoria Room, which offer a more intimate affair.

The granting of the civil ceremony licence comes as Drayton Manor prepares for the opening of its 150-room hotel on August 15.

This will enable the bride, groom and wedding guests to stay overnight and enjoy their nuptials and celebrations all in the same setting.

The Drayton Manor Park Hotel will include a large hospitality suite, which can also be hired for wedding parties, accommodating up to 150 guests.

For more details on the above, contact the hospitality team on 01827 252408 or email [email protected].

Sounds good, and yet another move that will make DMP very popular :)
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

Maelstrom
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:20 am

The 2nd vekoma family boomerang has now opened (copy of ben 10) at Parc Touristiques des Combes (not heard of this park before), there are pictures on below link, i can see these opening at loads of small/medium sized parks over the next few years.

[url=http://www.vekoma.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.vekoma.com/[/url]

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Here's a short clip of the new dive show (taken earlier today).

There didn't seem to be an awful lot of interest from the GP, although I'm sure the show will become a success over time.

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

Pricey ;)
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:19 pm

Does anybody know where i can find some pictures of Apocalypse in its early years? (e.g. when it opned or before the extra 'element' was added?)

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:24 pm

I was at DMP today and noticed that the Ben 10 metal sheds in the queueline have already been scratched and defaced by chavs.

That didn't last long then :roll:

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

dmmosh1
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:36 pm

"Don't_Look_Down" wrote:
I was at DMP today and noticed that the Ben 10 metal sheds in the queueline have already been scratched and defaced by chavs.

That didn't last long then :roll:

i know its a shame nowts precious, but its not allways chavs it could of been anyone !

G-Force
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:38 pm

the scratches come from kids messing with the stones outside ive seen it done myself

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Not good! There seems to be few rides at DMP where the penalty for graffiti is enforced, or at least it appears that way.

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

thefatone
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:56 pm

Well it'd be incredibly difficult to enforce such a thing - especially with kids just playing about with rocks.

As it's their target audience.. penalising kids for being kids, could backfire massively and cost them way more than it'd cost to fix whatever they damage.

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:51 pm

"thefatone" wrote:
Well it'd be incredibly difficult to enforce such a thing - especially with kids just playing about with rocks.

As it's their target audience.. penalising kids for being kids, could backfire massively and cost them way more than it'd cost to fix whatever they damage.

Sorry, but vandalism is vandalism. There are warnings up in the Haunting and Shockwave queue-lines, which warn potential yobs that they will be ejected from the park and face a criminal damage charge if caught defacing the ride. It really shouldn't be any different for Ben 10.

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

super_lee
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:46 pm

Just thought i'd let everyone one know that I've not long since come back from Drayton Manor today, it was brilliant hardly any queues. I think it's come along way since the last time I visited i'm talking a few years now.