UK theme parks from another point of view!

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Drayton Manor 2012 Season

Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Has anyone seen there new 4D movie yet?

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:46 pm

AstwoDan wrote:
Maybe nobody is willing to pay their new prices nor parking charge?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Well, there's a 2 for 1 offer on ATM, so the new prices shouldn't have that much of an impact. The park was actually heaving last week -  the queues for Shockwave and G Force were nearly out the door.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

Benjsh

Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:44 pm

Had a great day at the park today. Probably the best I've had at the park in fact. Good weather, good atmosphere and shortish queue times.

4 x Apocolypse (3 standing), 2 x Shockwave, 2 x Maelstrom, 1 x G Force (not a huge fav of mine), 1 x Ben 10, 1 x Stormforce 10, 1 x Pirate Adventure, 1 x Haunting, 1 x The Bounty.....plus a few rides in TL with my nephews.

Not bad for 18 quid to be fair with the 2 for 1 offer.

Only slight and I must emphasize slight gripe was that Pandemonium was shut all day for maintenance but that didn't really bother me so much in all truth.

REALLY hope they pull it out of the bag next year with a great attraction. Starting to feel it may be 2014 before we see another coaster though. Probably sensible too with SW7 coming next year. No doubt that this may force DMP to wait an extra year. They simply can't go up against it.

Great little Park that is going from strength to strength.

Pricey ;)
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Pandemonium had to close when I was there, something to do with the lifting mechanism meant that mechanics were on it all day, maybe their still working on it?

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:42 pm

^ It was closed all day today, too.

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

Pricey ;)
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:02 pm

Sounds like its a big job then, maybe their awaiting parts from fabbri?

Pricey ;)
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Drayton: Drunken Barrels

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:30 pm

Major topic bump here but its something that has always made me wonder, why does it never tilt any more, its a great attraction but really why not use it to its full potential?

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:15 pm

I went on it last year (summer?) and it tilted. :?

Pricey ;)
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Really? I go on it every visit and it's never tilted :(

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:00 pm

Tbh, you aren't missing much. :P

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:05 pm

It was closed on the last day of the season last year. The lifting gear was well up. The year before it was open but didn't lift so they could have scrapped it.

A5H

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Pricey ;) wrote:
Sounds like its a big job then, maybe their awaiting parts from fabbri?

Pandemonium is back open now :) They got it working on Friday after replacing one of the engines on the ride, has been working fine since :)

joshc807
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:31 am

I know this isn't exactly to do with the current conversation, but I didn't see a point of starting a new one, anyone know where there are 2 for 1 vouchers for Drayton? :)

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:17 pm

joshc807 wrote:
I know this isn't exactly to do with the current conversation, but I didn't see a point of starting a new one, anyone know where there are 2 for 1 vouchers for Drayton? :)

Promotional packs of Yoplait Thomas the Tank fromage frais are offering a 2 for 1 voucher for Drayton Manor.  Simply present your till receipt & 2 for 1 voucher at the day of your visit and receive an adult/child ticket free when a full price adult ticket is purchased. Vouchers are valid until 28 October 2012.

Drayton Manor are running a discounted comeback deal for a second day at this popular Theme Park.  This ‘Drayton Day 2 Ticket’ offers next day entry for just £11 per person when you purchase tickets before you leave the park.  Alternatively, check out the 2 for 1 voucher on the Drayton Manor map that you will receive on the day of your visit for discounted return entry later in the season.  Further details available at Guest Services.

Drayton Manor run a selected number of discount voucher throughout the year, so worth keeping an eye out with;

Visitheheart
Moneysupermarket
Local newspapers
£10 Funday Fridays at off peak times towards the end of the season.

Consider a a Thrill Hopper ticket that offers you one admission to all four of the following:

Water World
Alton Towers
Drayton Manor Theme Park
Tamworth Snowdome, (limited to specific activities)
You can use the Thrill Hopper ticket from 18 March – 31 October 2012 with a single ticket priced at  £47.50 per person or a family ticket, (2 adults & 2 children) for £142.50.  This is a substantial saving against the cost of four separate entries to these attractions and, as it is valid throughout the season, you can space out your trips!

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 07, 2012 4:46 pm

I was at Drayton today, and noticed yet more improvements across the park.

Firstly, the paved area by Apocalypse has been replaced with turf and other greenery

From what I can make out, Drayton are introducing baggage holds on ride platforms, although these weren't in use today

Drayton now seem to be doing a Picsolve deal (similar to Alton). You can purchase special cards for £12 which allow for as many ORPs as you want.

There is a new Body Zorb attraction next to the Excalibur entrance. Seems to be a big hit.

And finally (not too happy about this), Drayton now have these annoying Towers Street style photographers. They hand around the main entrance by Maelstrom, so just bear that in mind.

:)

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Don't_Look_Down wrote:
And finally (not too happy about this), Drayton now have these annoying Towers Street style photographers. They hand around the main entrance by Maelstrom, so just bear that in mind.

Chester Zoo has them now too. Irrelevant, I know, but it seems that this annoyance is affecting more than just theme parks and basically anything that Merlin owns.

:/

thefatone
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Loving the improvements draytons making on the park - they've finally gotten to understand that visuals mean everything, and by subtle improvements such as grass and wood instead of concrete makes a world of difference to a day out.

The park is looking pretty good for drayton standards. Main bugbear of mine now is just to replace/remove like all the ride signage. They're old, tacky and doesn't fit into thrilling expensive theme park - just look at that photo above of shockwaves station to prove a point!

AstroDan

Mon May 07, 2012 10:40 pm

As above - staff still needs work though.

If the staff do not 'believe' they work for a premium attraction, they've no hope.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 08, 2012 12:26 pm

You do have to admit that the staff have improved their attitude greatly, Dan. They are, for the most part, very friendly and cheerful. It's only one or two which let the side down now.

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

SEALIFE
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 08, 2012 5:35 pm

wether this is legit or not ive spoke to some staff at the park (obviously I cant mention any names) but apparently the park are really struggling at the momment money and visitor wise?

Ive been told this is the first season EVER that staff have been sent home early due to there not being enough people on park.

And it hasnt been the odd one or too days from what ive been told its been a long running thing as currently the visitors arent there!

Im in two minds of what to belive.. I mean no new attraction this year is a real let down from the streak which they were on and I think the hotel has also drainned up alot of the parks budget for this year aswell.