UK theme parks from another point of view!

jon18uk
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Drayton Manor Park Future

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:49 pm

There is a reasonable number of thrill attractions at Drayton Manor,  Apocalypse, Shockwave, G-Force, Pandemonium, Maelstrom. Then there are the in between rides, Stormforce 10, Splash Canyon, The Bounty, Drunken Barrels, Wild,West Shoot out, Ben 10. However recently I think they have focused too much in Thomas and not enough on everything else.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:54 pm

I love Drayton Manor... it may not have the Rollercoasters like Alton Towers, as both Shockwave & G-force are unique but pretty poor - Drayton Manor have amazing thrill rides, compared to Alton Towers poor lineup!

I intend to buy a drayton manor annual pass, and visit at least 3 times or so!
Image 2014

Vladimir Bobinski
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:03 pm

Alton towers is just shy of 2 hour drive for me, Drayton is half hour if that.  When was the last time I went to Drayton, maybe 6-7 years ago.  Apart from Shockwave and Apocalypse (again unique, but generally crap), there really isn't anything there that interests me.

Oblivion guy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:37 am

Merlin to buy the park because at the moment it's such a pointless park [-(

Stripes91
TT Member
TT Member

Oakwood developments

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:26 pm

Oakwood has started updating it's 'developer's diary' Facebook page in the lead up to the 2014 investment (should be in place by Whitsun).

Quite a large area fenced off over in the Wild West area, I'd put good money to say there's going to be a rollercoaster this year, something family sized with good themeing. Maybe a spinner? Not sure what theme they might choose!

There's also an indoor play area being built, I'm guessing by the location this is 'Hooks House of Havoc' that was on the 2013 map but never opened.

Take a look for yourselves here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oakwood-Theme-Park-Developers-Diary/321600547955704?fref=ts

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: Oakwood developments

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:37 pm

From what I've read I believe the new area is going to be a Sleepy Hollow themed area. I believe there is also a ride in the Neverland area of the park opening as well.

Stripes91
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:46 pm

Just googled it and found out that Oakwood have registered 'The legend of the sleepy hollow', 'The headless horseman' and 'The tree of the dead' as trade marks.. The new map with a tree in the wild west area also points to this theme. Good find ladyofthelake!

They have already refitted the restaurant, so sounds like another year of high investment!

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:08 am

Well the play area is confirmed which is going in Neverland, teacups have opened in circus land... And wild west area now looks closed off in the pictures which suggests the new land is replacing - I don't see how they have left themselves enough time to do anything major for this summer... Maybe retheme the area and have a major ride like a rollercoaster added next year? But they keep saying about a major attraction/investment :S

hell lepard
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 16, 2014 3:57 pm

Has anyone seen that they are opening a sleepy hollow area within the park I've found rumours on the web

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 21, 2014 10:58 pm

So I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else, but I found this on TWW's twitter page and I haven't seen any construction photos of the ride actually up:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThemeParkWW/ ... 3132362752

Starting to look really good now :)

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 21, 2014 10:59 pm

So I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else, but I found this on TWW's twitter page and I haven't seen any construction photos of the ride actually up, if you scroll across you'll come to pictures of Air Race:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThemeParkWW/ ... 3132362752

Starting to look really good now :)

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 22, 2014 4:52 pm

A new coaster would be good. I do really like G Force and Shockwave is okay, but they really do need a new coaster. Flat ride wise I think they are okay for a while. A good big one. Maybe when Rita sadly departs AT, it could be sold to DM.

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 22, 2014 5:00 pm

I can't remember where I read it, but this is what I heard:

The Air Race was planned for a few years ago, and a new coaster was due to open the year after. However the plans for the flat got moved back, evidently to this year. Apparently where the supposed coaster's station would be is on an area currently taken by a restaurant. However that restaurant is due to be moved to over the lake somewhere, so there is speculation that a new coaster could be making its way in the next two years :)

Coasterfellow
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:49 pm

I really hope drayton manor gets a mack launched coaster.As for rita being moved well, even drayton deserve a better launch coaster than rita. The launch should be 0-85 mph in 3 seconds and it should have three inversions. The track layout should have long banked turns and the ride should be going over the lake. That would put drayton on the map as one of the go to uk atractions for thrill seekers. The ride could also be billed as the uk's fastest roller coaster.

Enough said. :)
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:15 am

^either that, or they remove Shockwave and get an Intamin Mega Lite :P

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:24 pm

So I see not much has been updated on DM new Air Race opening in July so I found this testing video online:
http://youtu.be/JjWWpaXy7nk

It looks very good, although it's a shame they went for the smaller model, and that it's not opening for another month!

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:04 pm

The air race ride is opening on the 5th July and the band the Vamps are playing there at the grand opening.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Sorry for the double post but I been looking at this years park map. http://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/media/183 ... 202014.pdf
Now if you look round the lake area it lists a new fish and chip shop opening soon and the old 1 not listed on there so this means 2 things it's been removed ready for the rumoured new coaster or for ground work to start on the new hotel.

Jared
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:43 pm

The new Chip Shop has opened and is located adjacent to the path way towards Buffalo Coaster.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:14 pm

This flat looks better than air race :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJqcaWg4U7s