UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1589
Joined: October 2009
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:03 am

Drayton Manor really got some big plans for the future
The rumours of a new coaster for 2018 is really picking up.
The Flying Dutchman is all in pieces

Image
Image

Even the Buffalo coaster was missing a few rows at the front of the train

Image
Image

Things also don't look good for the future of the pirate adventure for the sign now been blacked out

Image
Image

The Zoo looks like it's gonna have millions spend on it

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

I liked the way they opened up the plaza area this season it felt more open watching the fireworks and good show on the Bryan family putting families 1st with there pricing and scraping the parking charge.
The whole day with food cost less than £100 for 2 adults and 2 children.
They even got a season ticket sale on £45
The future is really looking good for Drayton Manor.
 
User avatar
Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 2344
Joined: March 2003
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:33 am

I hope so.. I have not had a reason to keep returning as they have not added anything for thrillseekers in years.

If Shockwave or G Force were great, re-ridable coasters like Nemesis, Dragon's Fury or Stealth - then adults would have a reason to visit regularly.
Image
 
User avatar
owenrita121
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 135
Joined: March 2012
Location: Wirral

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:35 am

Wow, the zoo looks like it's going to be amazing! I'm really excited for Drayton Manors future, it's one of the few parks I always enjoy visiting!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
 
User avatar
Nathan_Fisher
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 124
Joined: November 2014
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:09 pm

I always thought that the zoo was something Drayton Manor is slowly fazing out but clearly is something they are looking to invest a fair bit of money into. With regards to 2018 it's definitely time for buffalo to go and with flying dutchman in pieces theres some hope :D
Drayton manor just shows that investment brings in the customers which is exactly the problem with recently closed pleasure island with lack of investment over the years.
I can see this park having a very bright future
Image
 
User avatar
ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 455
Joined: April 2016

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:44 pm

Sadly, I see Drayton going into a state like chessington. They invest very little in rides, whether thrilling or not and will now focus on the zoo even more. Drayton manor simply needs a good, thrilling coaster to ever entice me to ever come. Until something changes at Drayton, I will rate the park very lowly, probably the lowest for a major UK park
 
User avatar
MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1619
Joined: February 2015
Location: Who knows?

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:07 pm

The new penguin habitats look very good. Zoo update next year and coaster for 2018 would be perfect. (Please destroy Pandemonium in the process :) )
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
 
Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1140
Joined: March 2015
Location: Rotherham

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:09 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
Drayton manor simply needs a good, thrilling coaster to ever entice me to ever come. Until something changes at Drayton, I will rate the park very lowly, probably the lowest for a major UK park


You can't really say that it's the worst major UK park until you've been, but I guess it's opinion at the end of the day. Yes, it may not have the best rides, but I love the place, I always look forward to a trip to Drayton! If Drayton gets a coaster in 2018, it will be great, it's all it needs to get people back flooding through the gates! Every time I go it is empty with no queues for any rides, but I'm sure a new coaster would change that!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 1724!
Ride count 2019: 572!
Cred count: 88!

Image
 
ASturge21
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 105
Joined: September 2015

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:46 pm

Liam.W wrote:
ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
Drayton manor simply needs a good, thrilling coaster to ever entice me to ever come. Until something changes at Drayton, I will rate the park very lowly, probably the lowest for a major UK park


You can't really say that it's the worst major UK park until you've been, but I guess it's opinion at the end of the day. Yes, it may not have the best rides, but I love the place, I always look forward to a trip to Drayton! If Drayton gets a coaster in 2018, it will be great, it's all it needs to get people back flooding through the gates! Every time I go it is empty with no queues for any rides, but I'm sure a new coaster would change that!

Drayton is a good solid park and with a few additions would become my 2nd if not favourite UK park.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
 
User avatar
ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 455
Joined: April 2016

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:58 pm

I have been when I was younger but I have very little reason to return bar riding Apocalypse. The coasters are poor, there are awfully short opening times and I am too old for Thomas land so really there is nothing to make me want to return.
 
Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1140
Joined: March 2015
Location: Rotherham

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:06 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
I have been when I was younger but I have very little reason to return bar riding Apocalypse. The coasters are poor, there are awfully short opening times and I am too old for Thomas land so really there is nothing to make me want to return.


To be honest the opening times are similar to Alton Towers. I actually think the coaster lineup is pretty good, Shockwave is good because it's the only place to ride a standup in Europe, and it's actually pretty enjoyable. G-Force I actually find super fun much to many people's disagreement! :lol Ben 10 is a perfect ride for the younger ones, and is very well themed for what it is! Buffalo can just go :lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 1724!
Ride count 2019: 572!
Cred count: 88!

Image
 
User avatar
owenrita121
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 135
Joined: March 2012
Location: Wirral

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:44 pm

Chuckie wrote:
Sadly, I see Drayton going into a state like chessington. They invest very little in rides, whether thrilling or not and will now focus on the zoo even more. Drayton manor simply needs a good, thrilling coaster to ever entice me to ever come. Until something changes at Drayton, I will rate the park very lowly, probably the lowest for a major UK park

How can you say they invest very little in rides when every year they add new rides? Just because they aren't thrill rides doesn't mean they aren't ride... It's unfair to say they are becoming like Chessington when they invest much more than Chessington...
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
 
User avatar
ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 455
Joined: April 2016

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:50 pm

Just saying would rather go to chessington than drayton
 
User avatar
owenrita121
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 135
Joined: March 2012
Location: Wirral

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:21 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
Just saying would rather go to chessington than drayton

But you didn't say that... Nor did you imply that in anyway...
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
 
Theo
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 42
Joined: October 2016

Re: Drayton Manor

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:20 pm

Liam.W wrote:
ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
I have been when I was younger but I have very little reason to return bar riding Apocalypse. The coasters are poor, there are awfully short opening times and I am too old for Thomas land so really there is nothing to make me want to return.


To be honest the opening times are similar to Alton Towers. I actually think the coaster lineup is pretty good, Shockwave is good because it's the only place to ride a standup in Europe, and it's actually pretty enjoyable. G-Force I actually find super fun much to many people's disagreement! :lol Ben 10 is a perfect ride for the younger ones, and is very well themed for what it is! Buffalo can just go :lol


You enjoy G-Force? Jesus! That takes some doing.
 
User avatar
The Nemesis Fox
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 78
Joined: January 2016

Re: Drayton Manor

Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:29 pm

I have been thinking. What would be a good coaster for Drayton? What would you like to see and where? I have also looked on google maps and can see a building of substantial size which I guess is Pirate Adventure. What could we see there? I would probably say a £5 - £7 million maximum on a new coaster basing on past investments.
Nemesis Alpha: Your worst nightmare; Hold on tight - Time to see fight or flight...
B&M Wing Coaster...
 
User avatar
MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1619
Joined: February 2015
Location: Who knows?

Re: Drayton Manor

Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:44 pm

I think a Mack spinning coaster would be a great ride for Drayton Manor to install.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
 
nemefan08
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 146
Joined: August 2014

Re: Drayton Manor

Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:55 pm

Personally I want to see a uk first there. It could really increase buissness for them.
Image
 
User avatar
Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1589
Joined: October 2009
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:17 pm

I see that Drayton Manor is adding even more rides to Thomas land this season. Quote off the Drayton Manor website:
Drayton Manor park may be closed but the engines are busier than ever on the Island of Sodor. Make sure you sign up to be the first in the know when we announce who is coming to Sodor next season .
 
Nickolai
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 510
Joined: July 2016
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:58 pm

Come on Drayton! It isn't just Thomas Land you have to invest in! This is turning in to another Alton Towers situation. However, if they are going to invest in 2018 to compete with the other U.K. Parks then I will be content with their offering.
Image
Formally Smiler313
 
User avatar
Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 2662
Joined: May 2013
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Drayton Manor

Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:04 pm

Thomas Land is an area of the park which has been hugely successful for Drayton Manor, almost to the point where it is the main draw for visitors, therefore from a business point of view it makes sense for them to keep investing in that area and keeping it fresh.

Having said that, it would be good to see Drayton invest in the thrill side of the park. I have never been to Drayton Manor, even though it is my nearest park. Quite simply, although there are a couple of coasters and other thrill rides there, there is nothing that makes me say I have to go. It may be we see something in 2018 to compete with Blackpool and Alton, I guess only time will tell.
Image
Image
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests