UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
DraytonManor
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 10
Joined: May 2009

Re: Drayton Manor - Theming, Lands & Disrepair

Tue May 19, 2009 9:37 pm

"MPDarby" wrote:
Thank you very much for that post Mr Anonymous.

It is good to hear that DM are going to do something about these problems but just a couple of things though.

If the Hauntings smoke/mist machine is so overgrown, why can't you just cut the foliage back and replace the machine? Also, are you going to replace the sound system for the outside?

Secondly, if you are aware of just how awful Excalibur looks and most of the ride is un-operational why do you not shut it down? I can't help feeling that people would be far more unimpressed riding a dud ride than it being closed.

Still, as I have said before I love DM and would love to see the money pumped into the park. Especially as next year is the 60th anniversary and AT are going to have a massive year with all their plans.


Before I go any further I would like to thankyou for your support of the park and how we can improve it! We are appreciate your feed back sir! :)

The Haunting
If you remmeber last year The Haunting had its own shop (themed) little did you know there was an actual door out the back of the shop to get to the truck, but with the re-theme that has gone ahead (4D Cinema) there is no possible way now of getting to the truck other than climbing the small metal fence wich obviously is a health and saftey risk. We would also need to employ some people to cut back to unwanted trees, weeds ect. Please dont panic though The Haunting is on our main cards at HQ and you should see changes to it very soon. We have been doing checks on the audio and it seems that most the speakers are working but if the case is were the speakers keep cutting out we will then have to buy new ones yes.

Excalibur
We understand the state of Excalibur we really do, but like I said theres nothing that we can do about it at the momment. And if you are wondering why we never shut it the reason behind it is because we like to keep all our attractions open. Over the next few weeks Maintance are going over there to clean up and check the system. Audio however will unfortunatly NOT be able to fixed untill the end of the season.

Money is being pumped into the park every year now. Please this is a discussion I am not going to turn away bad comments and ignore them. We want to hear YOUR thoughts on how we can make YOUR day better!

Thanks,

DraytonManor :D
Image
 
Nathan
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1439
Joined: October 2005
Location: Sunderland
Contact:

Re: Drayton Manor - Theming, Lands & Disrepair

Wed May 20, 2009 4:12 pm

I have a question.

Why does the park take a somewhat careless attitude towards litter?

The state of some queuelines, in particular Shockwave, is quite frankly a disgrace.

I'd perhaps understand if it is towards the end of a busy day after thousands of guests have passed through and dropped rubbish, but when there is half-eaten food left laying around at 11am in the morning, it is evident that it has been laying there for over 24 hours at least.

Surely the park must clean up all queuelines prior to opening or after park closes?
 
User avatar
ATR09
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 157
Joined: February 2009

Re: Drayton Manor - Theming, Lands & Disrepair

Wed May 20, 2009 8:04 pm

Just to mention, the mist effect that used to be in The Haunting queue line was not made using a fogger/hazer it was purely water mist. The misters and pipes are still there.

So no offense Mr DraytonManor I cannot believe your credibility.
 
User avatar
DraytonManor
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 10
Joined: May 2009

Re: Drayton Manor - Theming, Lands & Disrepair

Wed May 20, 2009 9:12 pm

"Mackem Lad" wrote:
I have a question.

Why does the park take a somewhat careless attitude towards litter?

The state of some queuelines, in particular Shockwave, is quite frankly a disgrace.

I'd perhaps understand if it is towards the end of a busy day after thousands of guests have passed through and dropped rubbish, but when there is half-eaten food left laying around at 11am in the morning, it is evident that it has been laying there for over 24 hours at least.

Surely the park must clean up all queuelines prior to opening or after park closes?


We do have a team of litter pickers around the park if you look so I don't see why there is STILL litter on the main park itself, As for Shockwave we do keep a close eye on all our guests using the CCTV cameras in the que line.

Also as for food left on the floor it is also down to the general public who cannot be bothered to chuck it in the bin, as well as wild life getting it back out again (Ducks).

"ATR09" wrote:
Just to mention, the mist effect that used to be in The Haunting queue line was not made using a fogger/hazer it was purely water mist. The misters and pipes are still there.

So no offense Mr DraytonManor I cannot believe your credibility.


Correct. But due to it being there for how many seasons now, the attraction needed better equiptment thus us installing the smoke machine inside the lorry. Wich is also broken as well now. These effects however DONOT work anymore.

Thanks,

DraytonManor
Image
 
User avatar
Doopy Dan
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 888
Joined: May 2003

Re: The Haunting - Drayton Manor

Fri May 22, 2009 12:42 pm

The rest is down like Hex only without swinging


You still swing, the 40 seater version that the Manor have swings 15 degrees each way, while the 78 seater version that Alton have swings 30 degrees each way.
 
Nathan
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1439
Joined: October 2005
Location: Sunderland
Contact:

Re: Drayton Manor - Theming, Lands & Disrepair

Fri May 22, 2009 6:24 pm

"DraytonManor" wrote:
Also as for food left on the floor it is also down to the general public who cannot be bothered to chuck it in the bin, as well as wild life getting it back out again (Ducks).


But it is surely your duty as a park to clean up after your guests?

I'm not complaining about the park-wide side of things, moreso just the indoor queuelines.

When it is evident that food has been laying on the floor, window ledge, stairwell for at least 24 hours, that proves that Drayton Manor are obviously not doing enough to provide clean surroundings.

It's just unpleasant to stand in a 30 minute queue next to a box of half-eaten chicken...
 
User avatar
DraytonManor
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 10
Joined: May 2009

Re: Drayton Manor - Theming, Lands & Disrepair

Fri May 22, 2009 7:40 pm

"Mackem Lad""][quote=""DraytonManor" wrote:
Also as for food left on the floor it is also down to the general public who cannot be bothered to chuck it in the bin, as well as wild life getting it back out again (Ducks).


But it is surely your duty as a park to clean up after your guests?

I'm not complaining about the park-wide side of things, moreso just the indoor queuelines.

When it is evident that food has been laying on the floor, window ledge, stairwell for at least 24 hours, that proves that Drayton Manor are obviously not doing enough to provide clean surroundings.

It's just unpleasant to stand in a 30 minute queue next to a box of half-eaten chicken...
[/quote]

I understand where you are coming from and I am very sorry for any inconvience caused. I am however looking into the matter as to why staff are not doing there job properly and action will be taken upon the matter.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and we hope to see a vast improvement soon to make your stay more enjoyable.
Image
 
User avatar
Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 4557
Joined: March 2007
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Re: Drayton Manor - Theming, Lands & Disrepair

Tue May 26, 2009 4:18 pm

Take two in posting this as it messed up last time after 40mins of typing.

I do think Drayton has come on a long way in the last few years and has notably made an effort to improve in some areas. I think what a lot of enthusiasts fail to remember is that Drayton is not owned by one of the worlds largest leisure investment companies and so does not have the ability to invest heavily year after year. It annoys me when I read people slating it comparison with Alton when the parks are two different places all together. Drayton does what it does best and rightly so and thats aim for the area it can accommodate for the best, families.

Draytons value for money and offering something for everyone is unrivaled by any other park in the UK. The investment of Thomas Land has to be commended as it was a fantastic business decision and surely secures the parks future for the duration of ten years at least. I have noticed that with the investment of Thomas Land the capitol raised from this has been sneaking it's way back into the park in droves. I have to admit about 3 years ago I hated DMP for so many reasons and the two times I visited that year were a disgrace and |I vowed only to visit for Apocalypse. Last year I saw a marked improvement and this year my views have changed on the park as I look at the effort which is being made. What people need to realise is this is not a quick process. DSP don't have the luxury of a hotel or Holiday village bringing in yearly income to invest like FL & Alton and quite frankly it's a credit to the park that they do survive with Alton so closely on their doorstep and the lack of winter money.

There are things that are getting done and clean up is happening slowly and I understand and see work being done as my visit numbers per year have increased due to the enjoyment im getting from the park though.

However! If you really are a DMP representative that I will take the opportunity to voice my concerns about some key issues concerning the park.

First and foremost is the staff. A vast proportion of the staff are diabolical and somedays unacceptable and I don't think you realise just how much a staff member can ruin a day for people. Quite frankly I don't expect to see the ride op on Golden Nuggets reading page 3 of the sun whilst children and indeed adults are queueing for it. I also don't expect to see a member of staff on Splash Canyon sat on the fence batching people to the boats with rap music blurting from his phone within his pocket and telling ME how long and boring the days been. I don't want to hear or see this as it doesn't feel like an escape from the real world.

If you say you train your staff how about hiring more trainers like the ones who train Thomas Land staff as they are fantastic and how the staff SHOULD be throughout the park. I do understand your out in the middle of nowhere and traveling is an issue but I don't agree you should just hire anyone who walks through the gates which it appears on occasion you do. I do however say that it's not all the staff and there are a few dotted about which truly deserve to work there, but as far as the majority goes. I feel little or no effort is done to keep staff moral or they are not given enough incentive to perform like ambassadors for the park. In all honesty employing somebody who went round speaking to the staff throughout the day, chatting with them boosting their moral and generally cheering them up wouldn't go a miss.

Secondly is food and cleanliness. Now I do understand budget and I do see effort being made to spruce the place up like the DMP sign on Storms F10s waterfalls which was moldy for years. Would it be so difficult to put chlorine filters in Skin Cancer Canyon? The water is disgusting and totally unacceptable. I do understand that filtering Storm F10 would be a major task as it sources the water from a huge lake but Splash Canyon would not be so expensive to filter and clean. It would make the ride so much better and you do have one of the best Rapids Rides in the country and if it was cleaned up and effects fixed it would be the best in the country but it's lets it down severely by it's visual impact. You can hear guests in other rapids boats pointing out how filthy the water is.

Food on park is disappointing to say the least. I do however love Sellafield Fried Chicken and so does my partner but we're weird and like all varieties of fried chicken. The food is a major issue for many and quality does not reflect price at the park. I was very disappointed upon visiting that your new chicken diner was nothing more than just a new building, food was the same even the signage was the same and to me that looks like wasted money as you made little or no effort to change the quality of the food at the same time. Same goes for the Pirate Burger place you just made it into a conservatory and made little or no effort - again- to change the quality of food. That business decision baffled me a little although like I said I like the chicken lol but I shouldn't. I know Alton is not really comparable but look at their in park food, it's truly outstanding and I don't begrudge paying close to £10 for a good quality meal. I do however begrudge paying £6 for two pieces of chicken and chips.

In true compliment sandwich fashion style (good comments, bad comments, good comments) the zoo.

I totally disagree that the zoo is bad. I think it's the best theme park zoo in the country beating Chessie & FL. For starters it has the biggest range of cats which I adore both large and small *cough hint* White Tiger *cough hint* 8-[ and I think it's a real joy to walk around. I especially like visiting William & Rascal and make a point to see if they're out and about around the farm. As a real animal lover I don't feel in anyway that the animals at DMP's zoo are mistreated.

Lastly the ride selection, truely the only park able to call themselves a family theme park with the correct balance of rides throughout. You do however need a new coaster as the focus has been on families for the last few years and with your Birthday coming up next year there is rumor you may be getting one. I just hope it's from Germany and it's made by a man with a mustache you just want to stroke. LOL No seriously Small version of Blue Fire would make a welcome addition to your fleet of already great thrill rides.

[/Ramble over] :)
Image
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
 
CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2884
Joined: July 2008
Location: Bristol

Re: Drayton Manor - Theming, Lands & Disrepair

Fri May 29, 2009 12:09 am

Yes, you've captured my feelings on DMP there in one Spike. :)

When I visited in August 2006 I was quite frankly disgusted with the choice and quality of eateries at the park. They were run down and didn't at all feel like you were at a half decent theme park which DMP is. I appreciate they have probably improved over the last few years but from the above post its doubtful.

:|
 
User avatar
NickT04
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1479
Joined: September 2008
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Contact:

Re: Drayton Manor 2010

Sat May 30, 2009 7:08 pm

Anymore news on this boys and girls?
 
SAM93

Re: Drayton Manor 2010

Sat May 30, 2009 8:45 pm

As far as I know, at the moment no unfortunately.

However if anybody else knows something please tell us now!
 
User avatar
Mankey
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 3331
Joined: February 2004
Location: Chichester, West Sussex
Contact:

Re: Drayton Manor - Theming, Lands & Disrepair

Sun May 31, 2009 3:15 pm

"Spike" wrote:
First and foremost is the staff. A vast proportion of the staff are diabolical and somedays unacceptable and I don't think you realise just how much a staff member can ruin a day for people. Quite frankly I don't expect to see the ride op on Golden Nuggets reading page 3 of the sun whilst children and indeed adults are queueing for it. I also don't expect to see a member of staff on Splash Canyon sat on the fence batching people to the boats with rap music blurting from his phone within his pocket and telling ME how long and boring the days been. I don't want to hear or see this as it doesn't feel like an escape from the real world.


"I HATE MY LIFE!" as I once said in Europa about DMP's staff! :lol:

Jokes aside, I do think the staff make a lasting impact on most things. I'm sure with happy and friendly staff it would be easier to shun most of the other things off such as litter and the grafitti.

Drayton is a good park, granted I havent been for a good 8 years but I remember leaving the park feeling I'd had a good day... but even then the staff impacted me, even then I could see the faults.

Hooray for being a enthusiast when I was only a kid! :D
Image
Image
[b]Back from hibernation![b]
 
User avatar
Volans
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 17
Joined: May 2009
Location: Rugby

Re: Visit to Drayton Manor

Sun May 31, 2009 8:25 pm

Yeah I love the Black Revolver - hidden away though, behind G Force. Didn't even notice it on my first two visits. Not even clear on the park map (well it wasn't last time I went anyway).
I think Shockwave is a brilliant coaster - it's the main thing that draws me back to Drayton Manor every year.
And plus, the queues are usually much shorter at Drayton Manor, which is a bonus. And you don't have to walk as far to get anywhere.
But still, Alton Towers will always be the best of the two :)
I think Drayton Manor's better if you want a bit more of a relaxing day out, do a few thrill rides but also have a laugh. At Alton Towers I always manage to skip lunch and race around running from one ride to the next.
Science is explainable magic
 
Anonymous

Re: Drayton Manor 2010

Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:05 am

Hi I am new and i have some clue 2010 coaster I not sure about it :?

I have video from my youtube to show you it would help for idea it clue what i thought

here are video:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLahL75A2yI" target="_blank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLahL75A2yI[/url]

what you think?
 
jayron7
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 13
Joined: May 2009
Location: Wild Asia

Re: Drayton Manor 2010

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:00 am

what do I think?

Could you refrase your message and I will try to answer!
 
G-Force
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 268
Joined: June 2005
Location: 10 mins from Drayton manor
Contact:

Re: Drayton Manor 2010

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:03 am

The circus area is closed to prepare for a new show and to finish preparing the new entrance gates. Nothing to do with a new ride as of yet.
R U Ready TO Experiance The Force Of The G
Image
 
User avatar
DraytonManor
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 10
Joined: May 2009

Re: Visit to Drayton Manor

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Evening all :D,

As iv just read about The Black Revolver not being marked clearly on the map, I shall look into this as I haven't had a proper look at the park map yet and have not taken any notice. However I do not have a map on me at the moment so I will grab one from HQ soon.

If however it hasn't been labelled clearly I will look into the matter and tweak the map :)

And yes, of course Drayton Manor is a smaller park therefore less walking, meaning more rides! :D

We do cater for all at the park and its great if Drayton Manor is your first park to visit as the thrills are not OTT. :)

Thanks,

DraytonManor
Image
 
User avatar
Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 4557
Joined: March 2007
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Re: Visit to Drayton Manor

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:16 pm

"DraytonManor" wrote:
Evening all :D,

As iv just read about The Black Revolver not being marked clearly on the map, I shall look into this as I haven't had a proper look at the park map yet and have not taken any notice. However I do not have a map on me at the moment so I will grab one from HQ soon.

If however it hasn't been labelled clearly I will look into the matter and tweak the map :)

And yes, of course Drayton Manor is a smaller park therefore less walking, meaning more rides! :D

We do cater for all at the park and its great if Drayton Manor is your first park to visit as the thrills are not OTT. :)

Thanks,

DraytonManor


I think you have a great balance and Apocalypse is the only ride in the UK which has the ability to scare living daylights out of people and does.

Oh and while your on [url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23895&start=15" target="_blank]viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23895&start=15[/url] :mrgreen:
Image
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
 
User avatar
DraytonManor
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 10
Joined: May 2009

Re: Drayton Manor - Theming, Lands & Disrepair

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:06 pm

Afternoon All :),

I would first like to say a BIG thank you for all your feedback! We take all of your views into consideration :).

I can see myself alot of people are commenting about staff, we do train our staff and we are improving our learning scheme at the park to make our staff better. What you must take into consideration is that days are long and people get tired. I know its not the publics fault but some staff can be moody. Dare I say. HOWEVER these staff with attitude/moody we are warning that there jobs are at risk, so things are being sorted at our park! :)

Someone also mentioned about food. Food we buy in our selves with the execption of Rollover. We don't think that our food is over priced and is fine the way it is. If we did employ a company like KFC or McDonalds there would be a dramatic increase in food prices across the park and we really do no want this to happen. Also when people buy food at the park it contributes to the end of year budget wich also helps us to invest in the park for facilitys for the general public :)

I think thats all that needs to be said from me at the moment, im just nipping over to HQ now and will be online later if any more questions crop up and id be glady to answer :)

Thanks,
DraytonManor
Image
 
User avatar
DraytonManor
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 10
Joined: May 2009

Re: Visit to Drayton Manor

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:09 pm

"Spike""][quote=""DraytonManor" wrote:
Evening all :D,

As iv just read about The Black Revolver not being marked clearly on the map, I shall look into this as I haven't had a proper look at the park map yet and have not taken any notice. However I do not have a map on me at the moment so I will grab one from HQ soon.

If however it hasn't been labelled clearly I will look into the matter and tweak the map :)

And yes, of course Drayton Manor is a smaller park therefore less walking, meaning more rides! :D

We do cater for all at the park and its great if Drayton Manor is your first park to visit as the thrills are not OTT. :)

Thanks,

DraytonManor


I think you have a great balance and Apocalypse is the only ride in the UK which has the ability to scare living daylights out of people and does.

Oh and while your on [url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23895&start=15" target="_blank]viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23895&start=15[/url] :mrgreen:[/quote]

Thank You!

And we do intend to keep our ride line up high with family and thrilling attractions in the fourth coming years! :)

And you're questions have been answered also in the other topic.

Thanks,
DraytonManor :D
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 65 guests